• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Help??

• Thread starter attilla26
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

attilla26

Ok...I've spent about 2 hours now reading through all the posts here and I am so thoroughly confused now that I have no idea what to do. So, I am making this post in hopes that you fine people can help me as I see you have helped so many others. This might be lengthy, but I want to provide as much detail as I can.

First - With this character I want to be able to solo the peerless boss's (ie. dreadhorn, travesty, and paroxysmus) and also maybe occasionally do the DF.

My Template as it stands CURRENTLY:

120 Swords
120 Parry
115 Bushido
100 Tactics
82.7 Healing
60 Chivalry
50 Anatomy
40 Necromancy
The other odd points are in Focus.

My resists in "vamp form" are:

70 phys
57 fire
57 cold
57 poison
68 energy

As it currently stands, my template gets wiped up and down by even the blue key room at the citadel. I am in vamp form, but I leech very little life back from that, and even with the healing, I cannot keep enough life to stay alive. I am using the soulseeker as a weapon there, but I have also tried some high dmg/high mod katana's as well.

Soooo...my questions are: What can I change to my template to make it work so that I can solo DH, Trav, etc. because right now I simply leech very little life.

Secondly, what are your suits that you succesful solo'ers are running?

Thirdly, is there a particular weapon that I should be using given the above reccomendations?

I am sure these questions have been answered a hundred times before, but I am so confused by reading all of the previous posts that I thought I would post my own personalized question and hopefully someone will take the time to answer. Thank you and I appreciate all your comments.

P.S. - Guess I should add my suit if I want that critiqued:

Currently:
Helm of Insight
Jackals Collar
Ring of The Vile
Gauntlets of Nobility
Tunic of Fire
Fey Leggings
Totem of the Void
Quiver of Infinity
Barbed Leather Arms - Rphys 13% Resists 18/10/14/9/14
Bracelet - SS +11, HCI +11%, DI +23%, Cold 10%, Energy 13%

Thanks!!!

I

imported_Farsight

My only template advice is to raise your anatomy to at least 61 (cure poison level) if not to 81 (raise dead level).

After that, you shouldn't have any trouble with killing things so long as you use the right tactics. As an example, in the blue key room, there is a place where you can stand where only 2 thieves can attack you at the same time. You'll still need to heal yourself quite a lot in addition to your leeching, but it's very do-able from such a place.

Other advice for the citadel as a whole which may or may not apply:
Casting enemy of one EVER (except on Travesty herself)will get you killed quickly.
Casting consecrate weapon helps a lot. The same sort of enemy can have different resistances, so you could easily do little damage against an enemy and thus leech practically nothing back one one thief, and the next you could do 30 points a shot.
Remember that there are other methods of healing as well, such as potions or confidence. Confidence even works when you're poisoned, at least until the next poison damage hits you.

If you could get used to using confidence and leeches to heal, you could do a lot worse than dropping healing. The only advantage that healing really gives you is to be able to work in teams of warriors as well as alone. This gives you room for other options, such as more anatomy for more damage or adding in spirit speak for wraith form or curse weapon leeches.

C

Connor_Graham

I copied this from another thread that I posted it in:

This is the template I'm running right now and is one that has been successful for a buddy of mine in soloing the peerless:

120 Weapon
120 Parry
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
80 Chiv
35 Necro

100 Str
125 Dex
25 Int

Crimson Cincture, Mace & Shield, Heart of the Lion, Ember Leggings, Primer on Arms for arties & crafted arms to fill suit. You want max DCI and as much HCI as you can get, along with DI of course.

Use the Ossian Grimoire, Bloodwood Spirit, Midnight Bracers & 15/14 Necro Ring/Brace combo to reach 99 Necro for Vamp form.

I would strongly suggest you get rid of the Helm of Insight and either use Mace & Shield glasses, or Brightsight Lenses. Your resists other than physical are too low and need some help.

For a weapon, you must have: Stamina Leech, Mana Leech, Swing Speed Increase & Damage Increase.

The only exception to this is using Soul Seeker while getting the keys for Travesty. Let yourself be surrounded by the things in each room, then spam Whirlwind. You leech from everything you hit, so the more that are around you when you're spamming it, the more you're leeching. When you get down to only 2 or 3 left around you, switch to individual targeting and take them out one by one.

A

attilla26

Ok...perfecto...here is what I have done with my suit

Helm of Insight
Jackals Collar
Stormgrips
Tunic of Fire
Fey Leggings
Quiver of Infinity
Totem of the Void
Runic Crafted Sleeves with high resists and mods
Bracelet is Dex Bonus 6, HCI 11%, DCI 10%, LMC 6, FC 1
Ring is HCI 15%, Fire resist 7%, Cold Resist 11%

Stats are STR - 93 (105 hps)
DEX - 146
INT - 38 (53 mana)

Resists AFTER "vamp form" are:

70 phys
65 fire
70 cold
20 poison
70 energy

The poison resist is negligible because of vamp form...

So that gives me basically all 70's after vamp form, 35 DCI (42 with weapon that I use), 26 HCI, 24 LMC, and 35% DI.

My next question is: two templates have been proposed, one with SS, one without.

Is there a consensus as to which one works better for leeching life? I do have difficulty leeching enough life back, but I would consider that in theory, being in wraith form and spamming curse weapon would provide and endless supply of mana, and a much greater increase in life leech. (mana leech from wraith form and life leech from curse weapon)...or does it not work that way and I either get one or the other?

Thanks again for all of the input guys and I eagerly wait the responses!

C

Connor_Graham

You're going to need to stay away from anything that poisons with that poison resist or you're gonna take a crap load of damage from each tick. I'm curious why you went with the Tunic of Fire over the Heart of the Lion though. HotL would give you an extra 15 DCI, and with this template, DCI is a key ingredient.

A

attilla26

I went with the Tunic of Fire for the fire resist. In vamp form, it severely lowers your fire resist, and many monsters cast fire-based spells. Few spells are poison based, and if I do get poisoned, the vamp form will cure the poison in a matter of a second or two...but now that I think about it DH and paroxy are liable to hurt me pretty bad with their poison attacks...ok, so maybe i'll try it both ways and see which way works best.

Also, what do you all think about SS on this temp. vs. the healing and anatomy?

C

Connor_Graham

I don't use Healing, and only have Anatomy for the damage increase. Anatomy is swapped out for Resist when going to Doom.

S

slasherofveils

vamp form won't cure L5 or L6 poison, and you;ll take 20-30+ damage a tick with poison resist that low, not to mention attacks from parox and such do poison based melee too.

FR is pretty easy to raise, and if anything can always try to find a DCI ring/bracelet with some FR on it too if need be.

C

Connor_Graham

I always use Chiv's Cleanse by Fire for any poisoning. Hit Evasion, cast, then back to fighting. If it comes down to it, just keep swinging away and leech through the damage. I've got decent poison resist though, so even level 6 is fairly easy to leech through.

G

For Trav Key rooms - Yellow and Blue - I disarm everything first and then whirlwind the crap outta them. Is a good idea to have a fast wep with disarm special. I use a war cleaver, 40ml, 40sl, 30ssi, 35di. Once they are disarmed, they are super easy to kill. But be careful to heal through High Exec reflect in yellow room. You got good advice for red key room -- get as many as you can around you and spam whirlwind making sure to have a high ml and sl wep. EoO is a bad idea. I'd work on that poison resist, with 20, you'll never be able to do Proxy or DH - I don't think. I use tunic of Fire also, works good with the rest of my suit. I don't really worry too much about DCI in PVM, evade works good.

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

I went with the Tunic of Fire for the fire resist. In vamp form, it severely lowers your fire resist, and many monsters cast fire-based spells. Few spells are poison based, and if I do get poisoned, the vamp form will cure the poison in a matter of a second or two...but now that I think about it DH and paroxy are liable to hurt me pretty bad with their poison attacks...ok, so maybe i'll try it both ways and see which way works best.

Also, what do you all think about SS on this temp. vs. the healing and anatomy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have spirit speak on my template, and it works wonderfully for me. There are a couple of downsides though. The first is that there's no way in anything that you'll ever beat creatures like Irk or Travesty. I haven't figured out exactly why but I have ideas. The second downside is the loss of damage, but that's made up for by the double leeching of curse weapon and your form (be it vamp or wraith).

The up side is that you can choose your form based on the situation. I've taken to using wraith form throughout Doom, and from that I never run out of mana. Healing through CW, confidence and spirit speak is more than significant. And if there are mages around, there is never a short supply of corpses to leech your life from (spirit speak).

In short, without spirit speak, you have more power. With spirit speak, you have more flexibility with your tactics. Which you choose depends on how you want to play.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I do have spirit speak on my template, and it works wonderfully for me. There are a couple of downsides though. The first is that there's no way in anything that you'll ever beat creatures like Irk or Travesty. I haven't figured out exactly why but I have ideas. The second downside is the loss of damage, but that's made up for by the double leeching of curse weapon and your form (be it vamp or wraith).

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know not to use a 100% phy weapon on irk? Because I have been playing with wraith and ss and as long as I keep eoo , and curse up its not bad at all its just when I forget to recast curse weapon.

Also if your going to going to drop Healing with what ever you pick up drop the Jackals Collar and get some stam armor in its place with better resists it helps. Because you dont need the 140 dex for healing and its ez to get 150+ stam from armor (well mady didnt look at what your base stats were). The Jackals Collar is nice but all in all not realy a must have and its cheaper and less of a headache to get the resists you need with out it.