• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Help: Factions Necro Mae

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I was just wondering if i could get some help with my factions Necro Mage-

Skills :-

Necro 120
SS 120
MED 120
Resist 115
Magery 115 - will gain to 120 when i get +20PS
EI 115 - will gain to 120 when i get +20PS

Will you a -20 magery single handed weapon for weapon skill.

Which faction armour items should i get??

I have the following faction armor

Kasa
BBC
Fey leggings

R

RichDC

I would suggest either the cheaper route of:

Faction heart of lion, pendant of the magi, faction folded steel, faction orny, faction crystaline and a -20 sc no pen DCI weap.(runic arms legs and gloves)
(45+weap%DCI 9Mr 5hpr 2/6casting 20%LMC 50%LRC +8str +5INT pre armour)

Or the more expensive route of:

AOF, faction orny, faction crystaline, faction folded steel and then runic legs arms gloves and neck.
(45+weap DCI, 6mr 5hpr 2/6 casting 10%LMC 60%LRC +8Str pre armour)

the first one is cheaper becuase a pendant alot cheaper than AOF but it does restrict you on armour as you still need 50%LRC from 3items. The second option is easier to build(maybe) resistances and LRC as you have an extra armour slot.

Oh, forgot, quiver of infinity, faction crimmy and totem of the void(or if you can max LMC the library one +5mage if you dont have a -20mage weap and say a -24)

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest either the cheaper route of:

Faction heart of lion, pendant of the magi, faction folded steel, faction orny, faction crystaline and a -20 sc no pen DCI weap.(runic arms legs and gloves)
(45+weap%DCI 9Mr 5hpr 2/6casting 20%LMC 50%LRC +8str +5INT pre armour)

Or the more expensive route of:

AOF, faction orny, faction crystaline, faction folded steel and then runic legs arms gloves and neck.
(45+weap DCI, 6mr 5hpr 2/6 casting 10%LMC 60%LRC +8Str pre armour)

the first one is cheaper becuase a pendant alot cheaper than AOF but it does restrict you on armour as you still need 50%LRC from 3items. The second option is easier to build(maybe) resistances and LRC as you have an extra armour slot.

Oh, forgot, quiver of infinity, faction crimmy and totem of the void(or if you can max LMC the library one +5mage if you dont have a -20mage weap and say a -24)
With option 1 is there an issue with resists?

A

Arch Magus

Nice, something I actually have experience with, lol.

Faction gear:
-Folded steels
-Crystalline
-Ornament
-Crimson *optional

Aftifacts:
-Armor of Fortune
-Arcane Shield *optional, I'm using a SC-1 Mage wep w/ 13 DCI
-Totem of the Void.

Crafted Gear: *these are the pieces that I have, which I am still upgrading as I go along. You don't need the exact resists I have.
-Neck. High physical/poison resist. 18 LRC, 8 LMC.
-Arms. High physical/fire resist. 18 LRC, 8 LMC.
-Gloves. High cold resist. 5 LMC, MR 1. 18 LRC.

Bingo. Total suit: Magic reflection cast:

63/70^/55/70^/65

115+ LRC
40 LMC
MR 9
HPR 9
DCI 73 *OMFG* Lower defense proof.

The only sore spot I have is the mage weapon I found on a Baracoon.
War axe, 13% DCI, SC-1, Mage wep -23. Other than that and the cold resist, I'm good to go.

hope this helps.:thumbsup:

A

Arch Magus

As a side note, I'm an elf with no JOAT. The extra mana is ok.

What I did with my template though, you may want to consider.
100 med
20 focus + extra 20 focus from Crystalline.

The stamina regen from 40 focus has saved me countless times from In Sar ganks. It's funny when they try because you can just turn on them when they think they are winning.

my 2 cents.

R

RichDC

As a side note, I'm an elf with no JOAT. The extra mana is ok.

What I did with my template though, you may want to consider.
100 med
20 focus + extra 20 focus from Crystalline.

The stamina regen from 40 focus has saved me countless times from In Sar ganks. It's funny when they try because you can just turn on them when they think they are winning.

my 2 cents.
I went similar route but i have poisoning, so i have 80 poisoning and 120mage. used to put the extra 40points into sw to have pixies and gift of life but i found it much more effective to put the other 40points into focus, add the 20 from the crystaline and im at 60 focus giving 6stamina regen and a beautiful 3mr :)

A

Arch Magus

I went similar route but i have poisoning, so i have 80 poisoning and 120mage. used to put the extra 40points into sw to have pixies and gift of life but i found it much more effective to put the other 40points into focus, add the 20 from the crystaline and im at 60 focus giving 6stamina regen and a beautiful 3mr :)
Ditto. I only tried 40 spellweaving after I had been running 40 Focus forever.

I had to change back, I just didn't live through multiman ganks like I used to.
The spellweave just didn't do it for me. :blushing:

L

Larry

You fizzle revenent with 105.

And if you're running a 6X 120 build the 15 points saved with 105 necro would be worthless anyway because its still less than JOAT.

R

RichDC

And if you're running a 6X 120 build the 15 points saved with 105 necro would be worthless anyway because its still less than JOAT.
You can put those 15 into focus to give more stam regen +more mana regen.

L

Laf

I only use 60/60 nec ss. Tho you need faster follow ups cuz your spells wont last near as long... and strangle is out of the question. Pff' on strangle.

I actually never made a character with Necro on any normal servers.
However I have a character named "Pablo" on TC, and he uses 60/60.
It's enough for me anyway.

A

Arch Magus

I only use 60/60 nec ss. Tho you need faster follow ups cuz your spells wont last near as long... and strangle is out of the question. Pff' on strangle.

I actually never made a character with Necro on any normal servers.
However I have a character named "Pablo" on TC, and he uses 60/60.
It's enough for me anyway.
Strangle, Corpse skin is my anti-mage bread and butter.

A

Arch Magus

lower meditationi to GM. Put the points in focus. Raise necro higher to at least 110 for better revenants I say. Revenants are teh pwn.

L

Laf

Strangle, Corpse skin is my anti-mage bread and butter.
mini heal+weaken vs fireball+fizzle? =p
theyboth really help none the less, but i dont know if i would wana wasit the extra 120 skill for a disrupt, when i could have an extra defense or damage. ie, wrestle/para/disarm, or nox etc. 70/70necro/ss/100/nox is kinda funny to mess with.

120 mage eval med resist parry [mage wep] 60/60 necro ss?

Who knows, theres all kinds of combos.. strangle rocks. revenants are garbage, omen and corpse only need 40/40... pain spike need 70/70 for good dmg,

etc, now that spellbooks are treated as weapons, you can use armlast for necro spellbook, etc hehe. hell... even fishing poles work!!!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who knows, theres all kinds of combos.. strangle rocks. revenants are garbage, omen and corpse only need 40/40... pain spike need 70/70 for good dmg,
Actually a minimum of 60 necro is needed for omen, corpse, pain spike, and blood oath. Any less than that and you risk fizzling.