• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] template for stealth/archer

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone advise a template for steath/archer for pvp? thanks!!

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 archery
100 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Heal
100 Hiding
80 Stealth (With all medable/mage armor)
120 Ninja (to be able to get to wolf form reliably)

This was my old Yew Gate template. Works fine. Get your dismounts off and hammer away.

S

Sir Kenga

Is it possible to throw surikens with balanced bow in hands? Then this template could be even great.

A

Ash

Always hate relying on recall scrolls and Chivalry has always been a nice to have for remove curse, divine fury. So my temp robs some of anat and healing to take chiv to 65. But I also use the same stealth/archer for some PvM as well so the chiv is a must have for him.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I roll with

120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 healing
100 Anatomy
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Ninjitsu(dont have much of a prob getting wolf form off)

Stamina Regen on gear is a plus. I tend to lose stamina in wolf form fast.

G

GFY

My friend has no chiv or healing on his ninja. He has tracking for DI boost to death strike and uses Talisman of the Fey for healing.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend has no chiv or healing on his ninja. He has tracking for DI boost to death strike and uses Talisman of the Fey for healing.
Deathstrike damage is cut it half if you use a bow so using it isn't worth the mana consumption. Better to include the whole temp before suggesting this sorta thing.

S

Sir Kenga

Deathstrike for archer:
If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage
(120/3)*(0.3+0.7*(100+120)/120) + tracking up to 20.
20 + tracking up to 20.
So it could be useful if you track enemy first and then after DS follow with heavy hitters - concusion or AI, so DS and AI could strike a the same time.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your cap for deathstrike is 60 if you have everything and tracked them for enough steps. Then you lose half if you have a bow giving you 30 damage. Again this is assuming you have 100 tracking and also tracked them long enough.

You cannot stack specials and spells at the same time. Therefore you cannot "cast" deathstrike and mortal on top of it. There would need to be two seperate contacts. Better to just go with a concussion blow. It's a LOT cheaper in terms of mana cost. If you're human and have max LMC, you can get a conc down to about 8 mana for the first try. Deathstrike is gonna cost you 30 (-40 LMC) which is actually double the cost of conc blow.

Bottom line if you wanna do deathstrike, stick with melee weaps. You can open with a death strike then disarm. That WILL make em move.