• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

template for all 7 slots

aranier

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen many people post questions about templates. My question is a little different. What skills should I cram into all seven slots to be the most self sufficient? This should include the upcoming skills and also what race I should make each character.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a difficult question . :)

There are lots and lots of combination possible in UO, thats what makes it so great. I would make sure you have atleast a crafter with lots of skills.

-Smithing
-Tailoring
-Mining
-Tinkering
-Carpentry
-Armslore
(Imbuing?)
-Fletching

Have a good warrior or archer with either Chivalry or Bushido. And a Spellcaster type Mage or Necro/Mage. Spellweaving maybe.
Pure bards are nice, also bard/tamers or tamer/mages.

Can't help you with PvP idea's but i'm sure there other people out there to help you with that.

I'm keeping atleast 1 character slot open for a gargoyle in the next expansion.The new skills imbuing,trowing and mysticism seems to benefit them. I geuss best is to have spell caster templates to be elfs.

The "Problem" with UO and thats what it makes so great, is that 100 people can tell you what to do and you end up with 100 different idea's. You will neeed to see what works best for your own playstyle and liking. And ofcourse you can always try things out on Test Center to see how things would work out for you. :)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main Account looks like this.

[Butters]-[Red]
Parry Wrestle Mage
[Butters]-[Blue]
Necro Mage
[Thor StenGrunde]-[Blue]
Crafter (Blacksmith, Tailor, Tinkering, Carpentry, Armslore, Fletching)
[Elana Moonstone]-[Blue]
Pure Bard
[Loise Moonstone]-[Blue]
Peace Tamer
[Asta Kask]-[Blue/Grey/red]
Legendary Thief
[Butters]-[Blue]
ABC Archer

Im not saying that this is the ultimate char breakdown, just wanted to share what my account looks like. For ideas or what not.

D

Dragonchilde

There's no answer to your question, I'm afraid! Everyone has different playstyles... I'll never have an alchemist, for example. I have a lumberjack/carpenter, a full craft mule (tink, tailor, smith), a paladin/samurai, a baby tamer, and a ninja...and some day, I might delete one of those and do something else. :)

Don't rush to fill up all your slots. Try different things, and see what you like... it'll happen all by itself.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best thing you should do is.
1# Buy a soulstone.
2# Train a skill to max (preferably the first one ie Archery), put it on the soulstone.
3# Buy another soulstone.
4# Train another skill and put it on the soulstone.
Rince and reapete till you have all the skills trained \o/

I would love to have everysingle skill maxed on a soulstone! I cant remember the name but someone on siege trained every skill an but it on a soulstone :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried the same thing you're talking about, it's not as easy as you'd think. I still have 2 accounts and a bunch of soul stones.

Here's what my main account looks like.

Char #1 - Warrior
Fencing
Tactics
Parry
Anatomy
Healing
Chivalry

Char #2 - Necro-Mage/Scribe
Magery
Eval
Necro
Spirit Speak

Char #3 - Mule
Smithing
Tailoring
Armslore
Carpentry
Mining
Tinkering
Lumberjacking
(Has Magery and Fletching on Soulstone)

Char #4 - Bard
Archery
Tactics
Music
Provoke
Anatomy
Healing

Char #5 - Tamer
Taming
Lore
Vet
Magery
Eval
Meditation

Char #6 - Thief/Fencer
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Hiding
Stealth
(Has Stealing,Snooping & Lockpicking on soulstones)

Char #7 - Beggar/Chef/Fisher
Cooking
Begging
Fishing
Alchemy

Most of my characters on this account are scrolled to 115 or 120 where possible, so on a few of them 6 skills just about max out the template. My second account is planned to try out the newer skills that I haven't tried yet. Spellweaving, Bushido, Ninjitsu, and and the new skills SA will bring.

Best advice I could give you is this, don't try to do it all on one account. It's really not possible or very practical. Instead make an account which works for you, and has characters tailored to your playstyle.

Lord Kushmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best thing you should do is.
1# Buy a soulstone.
2# Train a skill to max (preferably the first one ie Archery), put it on the soulstone.
3# Buy another soulstone.
4# Train another skill and put it on the soulstone.
Rince and reapete till you have all the skills trained \o/

I would love to have everysingle skill maxed on a soulstone! I cant remember the name but someone on siege trained every skill an but it on a soulstone :)

i did this on europa on my old main account which when i returned to uo i found my friend had given away my account info lol.. my whole upstairs of my keep was covered in soulstones :D flasshy green ones . but i only trained the PVP related ones.. some twice over

I

ianubisi

If I had to choose (and thankfully I have more than one account so I don't have to) I would probably do this:

Crafter #1
120 Smithing
120 Tailoring
100 Tinkering
100 Carpenter
100 Miner
100 Armslore
70 Magery
10 Music

Crafter #2
100 Fletching
100 Armslore
100 Imbuing
100 Cooking
100 TasteID
220 In whatever you like to fill it out...be a Beggar or Thief or both! You have the room.

Scribe/Alchemist Mage - this finishes off the crafting skills, and these two really do help you on offense
120 Magery
100 Scribe
100 Alchemy
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Resist
40 Spellweaving (or whatever you like)

This leaves you four more slots. I would be sure to have a Treasure Hunter, and you can easily fit that into any template with soulstones...a Tamer or Archer is easiest. For the final four I'd choose:

#4 Tamer - any template - great choice for a THunter
#5 Provo bard (money making machine)
#6 Warrior of some kind: ABC Archer or Wammie or Sampire
#7 Necro/Mage for spawn pwnage

Of course, who knows what kinds of things SA will bring us, so you might want to consider holding off on the 7th slot until it releases.

You may decide you don't care about having a mage with alchemy and inscription, in which case you can easily convert those skills into crafter #2. This opens up one more slot for you which you can fit a pure thief into, or some other interesting class.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main account has this:

Peacer/Tamer
Necro/Mage
Full Bard/Mage
Crafter
Necro/Archer
Bushido/Fencer

Second Account so far has:
Necro/Peacer/Mage
Disco/Archer
Mage/Tamer

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found with enough soul stones you can prety much make 2 or 3 characters into primary ones and just use the leftover 4 as mules or what ever makes ya giggle.

slot #1 Tamer/mage/bard/spell weave / necro / //// mainly tamer that can change up to do most anything

Slot #2 Dexxer all 120'd out for combat skill stuff and stone on what ever i feel like useing at the time mace today swords tommorow ext ext

Slot #3 Crafter Ate all the recipys cept 2 or 3 and have gotten almost all the skills to max stone on off carp fletching depending on whats needed at the time

Slot #4 i want to develop a resource gathering character thinking go with lumber jack mineing swords tactics anat healing fishing or somthing like that

#5 #6 #7 all handy extra skill storage + banks and inventorys hehe saves me keeping all my skills on stones would get full to fast even with 14 stones only keep the ones i not got a skill mule 120'd up on stones

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive kept it simple, over the years Ive tried to have all possible characters, but truth be told I only ever played the same one or two, so my character break down is...

Wrestle Scribe Mage - all 120's where possible.
Chiv Archer - 120 in the primary skills
Mule

My Scribe Mage is red and im tempted to work a blue, but ive just not the time to work 7 characters so im happy to have three at the moment.

Just work one or two you WANT to play, then after that one or two your interested in as a side project.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have five characters at the moment, with the last two waiting for SA.

Those five are:
Bushido swordsman (macing on soul stone)
ABC (archery, bushido, chivalry) with meditation instead of resist
necro-mage
wrestle/weaver/mage
tamer/mage

My reserved slots will go toward a gargoyle thrower and likely a gargoyle tamer. Maybe I'll try to squeeze the two into one template, depending on what I hear between now and then.

F

Fink

I'd pick stuff that actually interests you to do first.

I've seen so many people grind up all the crafts complaining of boredom, then working through thousands of bods complaining of boredom, just so they can get a runic tool and turn out a set of arms/sleeves to complete their suit. Seems to me that if you're not interested in crafts at all it's a huge waste of time & resources to train them, when you can simply buy what you need when you need it.

I'd begin by exploring the skills you're drawn to, check out how other people have integrated them into their characters, maybe toy with some ideas of your own. There's no wrong way to do stuff, unless you place a lot of value on the opinions of strangers. Some of the best characters I've created came from imagination.

When you get a bit of gold together, buy some soulstone fragments or at least one full soulstone. That way you can toy with different templates without too much concern for if you're heading down the wrong path; you can always change your mind. Keep one character slot free, use it to store all your spare skills as you discard or rethink them. Also you can use a fresh char to train a specific skill then transfer it to where it's needed.

Remember there's no need to rush out and fill every char slot with permanent characters right away. In fact, doing that will probably bore you silly after they're all trained up and you've "done it all".

Take your time, enjoy it. :thumbsup:

*edit* Nearly forgot: Try out the Test Shards, you can set skills to whatever you wish there, you have access to the artifacts and runics, basically play around to your heart's content before committing to building a character for real.