• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Check

M

muldoran

I'm returning to the game after a few month hiatus. It is amazing how much you forget in just a few months. I've got some characters that are pretty well developed. However I need to make sure what I remember about tempaltes is still accurate. So here is my crafter template as is stands right now.

Smith 102.5 (I think i have eaten a +10 scroll)
Carp 100
Tailor 100
Mining 87.5
Magery 70.5
Meditation 95.3
Tinkering 35.1

I have a second character with the following

Alchemy 100
Lumber 95.5
Tinker 93
Bowcraft 92.8
Cooking 79.9
Inscription 76.9
Magery 48
Meditation 23.3

So here is my thinking for Character 1.

Move Medi from #1 to #2
Move Tinker and Bowcraft from #2 to #1

Can anyone offer any advice on how to move skills around to best use the characters? I have 2 soulstones so moving them is not a problem.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need to check out the changes made about 18 months ago concerning Arms Lore.

These changes are mentioned in each of the updated FAQs (Smith, Tailor, and Fletcher - but also apply to tinker & Carpenter to a lesser extent), as well as some of the guide entries. A quick description (and guide to Arms Lore training) is here.

If I were you, I'd move Bowcraft/Fletching to template 1, and move the med to character 2 as planned. But, instead of moving Tinkering, Add Arms Lore to the first character (as there are runics for smith, Carp, tailor & fletching)