• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Template advice, pvp. siege

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi been trying to get my head round archery templates,

it seems that Bushido is not very good for an archer.

currently i have come up with the following, and are in training... i plan on using gate scrolls to get about, the reason for the ninjitsu is for a llama form and smoke bombs.

only at 225 stat, but will eat a scroll soon,

95 str
100 dex
30 int

120 archery
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
120 Resisting Spells
100 Ninjitsu
60 Magery

has anyone got any advise, most templates i come across are ABC, or require quite alot of mana, or are stealth archers.

Many thanks

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one able to give advise??

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think my only question on this is why did you go for Ninjitsu? Without stealth/hiding I never really saw any big advantage to Ninjas.

Also, if you race-change over to an elf you won't need those 20 stat points in Int and can cast pretty much everything with your 20 extra mana for being an elf. You can dump those 20 points into Dex which should help with your SSI and your Healing Speed. Then just jewelry up to 150 to max it out.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Endal, i went with ninjitsu as i didn't properly understand its function.... lol...

now after playing with it, im realizing that its a bad choice, that definably is the weak spot, not sure what to fill it with...

thank you for the helpful advice about being a elf!! didn't even think of going the elf route, i guess I'm just used to having the benefits of JOAT across all my characters...that sounds like a positive move, and actually i wanted to change one of my other characters names so the token now is making more sense to buy....

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One thing you could do that's a bit off and would really mess with people is to take up Spellweaving. So long as you can find people to power up with there are a lot of really fun (pain in the ass) things that a PVPer can do with SW.
  • Attunement - Good for absorbing a bit of damage early in a fight.
  • Gift of Renewal - Coupled with your healing skill you should be VERY hard to kill.
  • Immolating Weapon - Extra bit of damage in your attacks.
  • Arcane Empowerment - Buffs your Pixies / Imps
  • Ethereal Voyage - Makes you immune to attacks from NPCs (for a short time)
  • Gift of Life - Self Resurrection
  • Summon Fey/Fiend - These little buggers aren't too strong, but they REALLY screw with spellcasters in PvP Combat.
Also, with this setup you only need about 60-80 Spellweaving to be able to cast all of these, so you can buff up your Magery a bit more and be able to gate around much easier.
I'm building a Nox/Mage/Spellweaver myself. Total pain in the ass to build on Siege, but I figure when he's finished he should be fairly difficult to kill.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Endal many thanks for taking the time to add further help my situation, it is appreciated

Spellweaving sounds like ALOT of fun indeed!! ive also never used it in a template.

and actually it seems to fit the template perfectly! with the additional mana i get as an elf this is all clicking together nicely!!

Ill do some research into mana costs of spellweaving, but youve given me enough there to believe that it is a viable option.

heh. this is all staring to make me smile.. ;)

ill likely stone the spell weaving to make arcane circle a bit easier to obtain, got a couple of characters i can use for the boost, and espically as siege has livened up then focus is looking easier by the day,

likely end up going for 80 SW, 80 Magery,

Thanks again.. im now of to test hehe

p.s the nox/mage/sw sounds interesting, you will have to let me know how you get on, ;) and yeah nox on its own is a pain :S

oh an as i use the ec client, not having spellchannel on my bow shouldn't be too much of an issue as its easy to re-equip....

Last edited:

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So... you looking to form a coalition? Spellweaving is stronger when there are multiple spell casters working together. Ten Pixies are more hellish than five. LOL

I tried out the Nox/Mage/SW on test and it didn't work out too well. Perhaps I should just use my Nuke Mage on Siege... I don't think it would work in PvP though.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think you will have a hard time getting a Lvl 6 sw focus on Siege.

Bushido does pair well with PvM archers. It just depends what you want to do with the char, but the old ABC Archer remains viable. Maybe more so now with Shame artifacts and the armor changes which allow you to run 55 LMC with studded leather.

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the race change from human to elf, i think there is no need to use the token, there is a quest for that in Heartwood.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh god yeah, don't use a token for Human to Elf. It's only useful if you want to go Human/Elf -> Gargoyle or vice-versa. The quest is SUPER easy to do, too. Just pop up the UO Guide and it will give you a walkthrough.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you will have a hard time getting a Lvl 6 sw focus on Siege.
If the guild we get into is established enough, I'm sure that this won't be TOO big a problem. At worse we would only have a 2, but I'm sure if we ask around the guild we will find other SW who want to powerup. Hell, we may even end up starting a squad. Hehe. Gotta' dream big!

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ops i hastily had already purchased and used the token... silly me HAHA, oh well you live and learn,

as the character is not geared for pvm ive not considered bush, im continuing at this point with the SW, but thak you for the input about bush and ABC collectivly