Guild Race: Human/Mirdain/Dwarf
Goals: City Conquest, PvP, Trade
Voice Chat: Ventrilo – Required
Guild Website: http://www.tempestguild.org
Apply For Membership: Here
Tempest was created in World of Warcraft as an alternative to the standard guilds on the Illidan server. A group of real life friends came together after their guild of many months had been disbanded. They decided that it would be in their, and the Horde's best interest to create a guild of their own. And so, Tempest was born.
Since World of Warcraft Tempest has created factions in Age of Conan, Pirates of the Burning Sea, and Warhammer. As Age of Conan faded, as did Tempest's presence there. On the other hand, the Pirates of the Burning Sea faction is still running on the Roberts server, and it is one of the most powerful British societies on the server - commanding a total of three First Rates.
Tempest is currently playing Warhammer Online on the Dark Crag server, while waiting for the release of Darkfall Online.
Our goal is to be the best. In every aspect of the game we aim to not only succeed, but to decimate the competition. All of our members have come from a successful MMO past, and bring with them years of experience. We expect our members to act in a mature, respectful fashion, but always to have fun, and joke around. Our members avoid the everyday drama that plagues other guilds, but everyday strive to become the best in every aspect of the game. Our goals as they pertain to Darkfall are;
1. To Create an Empire – First, and foremost our goal is to create an Empire. After acquiring a territory to call our own construction, and defense will begin. We will never be taken advantage of as a clan (for example; let us use your resources, or war will be declared), and will defend our borders rigorously.
2. Trade – Our second goal is to make our Empire a hub town in Darkfall. With traders, and adventurers coming from far, and wide to buy our goods, or sell to us. Our Empire will be safe for all but our enemies.
3. Navy – To assist with the defense of our borders, and our offensive maneuvers we use against our enemies – we will need a formidable Navy. With a subsection of the guild devoted to building, and operating our naval force even the most accomplished sailor will have their work cut out for them.
While most of the rules in the guild are common sense – they must be followed to the letter, or risk being removed from the guild.
1. Do not harass, or trash talk any member of Tempest, or her allies.
2. Ventrilo is mandatory while in game. There are muted, and private channels.
3. Spend 3-5 minutes each day reading over our forums for up to date information.
4. There are no language restrictions in the clan – but sexist, or racist comments will not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form.
5. Avoid starting unnecessary conflicts with other guilds. We will be the ones declaring war – not the other way around. If a member of another guild trash talks you, or steals your monsters – try to diffuse the situation, but those would be justified conflicts.
6. Keep your alignment positive. While killing other players is acceptable, one should try to kill only enemy races, or at the very least keep a positive alignment. This rule assumes that individual alignment effects guild alignment.
The hierarchal leadership structure of Tempest allows for exponential growth, while keeping tight knit loyalties. After joining Tempest the Initiate rank will be granted. This rank signifies that you are new to the guild, and our way of playing. It tells the leadership that you may require additional instruction. After two weeks of Initiate status you will be promoted to Citizen assuming you have been participating with the guild. This is when the true test of skills, and leadership begins. Whatever specialization you choose in game will determine your path of advancement within the guild. We have ranks for every aspect of game play, which means we need the best fighters, leaders, crafters, diplomats, economists, sheriffs, etc.
If you are interested in joining please go Here, and if you have any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected].