• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teleporting in Bases Should Be Brought Back

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Teleporting was disabled in the original bases due to exploiting through floors. The new bases should be designed with this in mind. Teleporting should not be arbitrarily disabled. If I want to fight an enemy by teleporting on top or past them, it should be an option.

W

wee papa smurf

I like it the way it is, and i play a thief so shadow jumping would benefit me :)

But i like the way faction base fighting is a lil different from field fighting where all the mages dont go teleporting all over the place :)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If teleporting is not allowed then the defender can build a one tile wide line of objects. It is impossible to pass without using client exploits.

People holding sigils are already prohibited from teleporting. There is no reason to have it turned off.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If teleporting is not allowed then the defender can build a one tile wide line of objects. It is impossible to pass without using client exploits.

People holding sigils are already prohibited from teleporting. There is no reason to have it turned off.
Not true at all. You can pick the objects up.. dur.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bah, we used to raid bases that had stacks upon stacks upon stacks of small crates that were weighed to 400 stones and them GM tinker trapped (back when those traps killed you) on every single tile. But we got it done. 10 hours is a lot of time. :) Not to mention they decay...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The simple fact is teleport was turned off to prevent exploiting. At first it was only turned off in True Britannian and Council of Mages. Then they did it everywhere else to make it balanced.

With all new bases, they can design them so teleport no longer becomes exploitable. It makes things a lot more fun and interesting to have it on.

L

Lord Strahd

I dont think people should beable to teleport in faction strongholds. It gives to many unfair advantages to the mages. For one it makes a barricade useless as a defender to mages and be if gives them the ability to use barricades for kiting.

L

Lord Strahd

There are a few disadvantages to scrolls.

1. scrolls are not on hotkey
2. scrolls are a consumable
3. scrolls unequip weapons

So is this balanced , I'll let you decide, but the answer is no.

Here have some broccoli :danceb:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is this balanced , I'll let you decide, but the answer is no.
Teleport items used to be in the game. They were available up until Age of Shadows. If you think removing them unbalanced things for non-mages, you should point this out to the developers.

But this has nothing to do with whether teleport should be allowed inside faction strongholds.

C

CroakerTnT

No. I don't want people being able to teleport past my energy fields. It's possible to set teleport macros in UOAssist, so any prepared guild could run up, hit a button, and jump inside to wreak havoc rather than having to slowly beat down the defenders of the fields.

Thus, being able to teleport would kill any method or motive to defend the bases as it's deadly exhausting (and boring), and the raiders will always be able to gather and attack the underdefended base.

Sieges should give the defenders the benefit, teleport would eliminate that.

That said, this can probably be fixed with a tweak...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No teleporting. I think the way it is now is fair enough.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only reason someone would want teleport disallowed in bases is because it makes it 100% easier to defend...efields are devastating when placed behind a raiding group and teleport is the only RELIABLE way to avoid this (dispel field may very well work, but it only dispels a single tile and it's often difficult to precisely click a tile when fighting large numbers). That being said, teleport SHOULD be allowed but we all know it's not going to happen since the majority of PvPer's play dexxers (dexxers obviously benefit from disallowing teleport). Teleport creates an array of different tactical possibilities in choke fighting and it's a shame there are still areas it is not permitted.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would think the opposite, that dexers hate no teleporting. When teleporting was allowed I always made sure to carry teleport scrolls with me in case of energy fields.

C

CroakerTnT

Enabling teleport will make defending a faction base almost impossible - and definitely not worth the effort.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enabling teleport will make defending a faction base almost impossible - and definitely not worth the effort.
That isn't true. If that were the case it would be 'impossible' to defend a baracoon spawn. If teleport would ruin your defense then your defense sucks and you need to step your game up.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give the power to the defenders to activate a stronghold defense that disables teleporting....

Doing so should require silver from the CL's treasury, be time limited (2 hr duration for a 10hr defense), tied to control of a warrior type town like Jhelom (yes its not a faction town any longer but with the new 16 monlith bases why not).

-Lore