• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teleportation Bug Report

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So. This is just a kind of nuisance I guess. Basically when using recall with teleportation the game will crash.

This only happens if I am trying to recall to an entirely different zone. Ex: serbule to eltibule or serbule to Kur and eltibule to Kur.

It started happening when I tried to use the Recall Circle (improvised) but now happens every time I try to teleport. Just pointing it out it's kind of an annoying inconvenience that makes me run everywhere between zones but not game-breaking.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, that's very odd because the way you get from zone to zone is *always* via teleporters -- the things that connect the zones just teleport you there. When it crashes, can you look for your output log and send it to me? (This might be a little tricky to find -- when you start the patcher, it says where it's downloading the files to. If you Explore there, inside the first subdirectory you'll see a file called output_log.txt)

Does anybody else have this problem?

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
K. I'll try to find it.

That's why I said it was just a minor inconvenience. I think it might have bugged out or occurred when I used the (Improvised) recall. It does state it could kill you and I imagine the first time I attempted to use it, it more than likely wanted to kill me but didn't thus leaving me in an indefinite limbo of using portal circles. :p Anyways i'll find the output log.

Edit: Found the log, don't want to make you go searching through all my annoying lines of non-sense (spent the last few days leveling up skinning) so I'm going to log in, try to teleport across zones and let it crash me before linking.

Edit 2: After logging in I used the /stuck command to return to serbule (was in eltibule). Run to the main town and used the circle in main town. Managed to teleport from Serbule main town to Hogans Keep in eltibule (using basic recall circle). Going to see if it will work going from eltibule to Kur or serbule to kur.

Edit 3: So... using the teleportation circle from Hogan's Keep I was able to use Recall Circle (improvised) to go from Eltibule to Kur. However, after dying to return to Serbule I attempted the same from the main town in Serbule. Green gem + Fire dust used up but game crashed. Posting output log. Looks like another memory problem on my end though :c.

Attachments

Last edited:

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Yep, you're running out of memory. I'll take a stab at reducing the memory footprint soon ... it's not too easy a task given how Unity works, though, so I suspect this will be an ongoing battle as we develop the game. When things settle down near the end of beta is when we'll be able to really lock down the memory requirements.