• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tech Type Question - Bad Trace Route

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am experiencing some packet loss in two of the hops of my route to the EA server, and was hoping someone with the know how could tell me who to send the data to, from my Trace Route Poll, so that the proper people can see why I am 100% packet loss, on two of the hops.

Both of the hops that are dropping the packets are Sprintlink, it appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...it is causing some nasty little hiccups in my gaming.

Thanks!

U

UOKaiser

i would say its probably more of a problem whith youre ISP

F

Fox (Europa)

I am experiencing some packet loss in two of the hops of my route to the EA server, and was hoping someone with the know how could tell me who to send the data to, from my Trace Route Poll, so that the proper people can see why I am 100% packet loss, on two of the hops.

Both of the hops that are dropping the packets are Sprintlink, it appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...it is causing some nasty little hiccups in my gaming.

Thanks!
The only people who can sort this for you are your ISP. Check their webite for a way to raise a problem report, include a copy of your traceroute in the report.

Fox

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like you are seeing no response rather than packet loss. In the case of packet loss there is no hop afterward. If you have hops that show up as jsut a * it only means they do not forward or respond to the type of packets that you would draw the numbered response from . It they are moving to the next hop there is no 100% loss.

Ping the destination and see if there are any drops to determine another part of the picture. In most cases problems in-between work themselves out but it can often take a week or so to resolve.