• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teach the young ones the old ways

proctor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion if someone is going to be a guild leader they should have a certain resposibility to guide and teach people. You should want to have your guild name spoken with respect and honor, not called bad names or laughed at.

There is a guild ( I shant name the name) but I used to hear how honorable they were,they didnt rez kill or smack talk. But as of late they have became rez killing, dry looting smack talking fools. Some will kill you loot you and then rez you and stand around talking to you which is the way it should be. Others are just dirty scoundrles. Why would the guild leader keep these ones in the guild and bring down the guild reputaion?

C

Crystal Canyon

In my opinion if someone is going to be a guild leader they should have a certain resposibility to guide and teach people. You should want to have your guild name spoken with respect and honor, not called bad names or laughed at.

There is a guild ( I shant name the name) but I used to hear how honorable they were,they didnt rez kill or smack talk. But as of late they have became rez killing, dry looting smack talking fools. Some will kill you loot you and then rez you and stand around talking to you which is the way it should be. Others are just dirty scoundrles. Why would the guild leader keep these ones in the guild and bring down the guild reputaion?

I couldnt agree with you more. There is no honor in rez kills, although at times you wish you could only for revenge to someone who has done it to you. :blushing:

Smack talk is actually a part of pvp and shouldnt really bother players except for when it turns into filthy talk or personal attacks.

Look at smack talk this way: If your watching what they are typing to you, you are not paying attention to how you are fighting. Your going to lose.

If you get upset, your attention is diverted. Instead of concentrating on the fight, your thinking more of revenge for what is being said.

If you start typing back, your doomed. YOur fingers are not on your macro keys doing any special moves, they are all over the keybaord spelling words out. At this point your opponent is kicking your butt, while you type.

SOme PvPers go as far as to have macro smack talk set up so that they are not wasting thier time typing but simply hitting one key. Its one hit on a button to say something they know will upset you, while your frantantically typing back and losing the battle.

Its all a part of PvP strategy, so the best you can do is to ignore it and concentrate on what you are doing. Dont fall for it. It is all done purposely, and for good reason...it works! :)

C

Crystal Canyon

Some will kill you loot you and then rez you and stand around talking to you which is the way it should be. Others are just dirty scoundrles. Why would the guild leader keep these ones in the guild and bring down the guild reputaion?

My bad I forgot to answer your question! Guildmasters cannot be with thier guild 24/7 and thus canot be aware of each guildmembers actions. If you feel like this Gm would not want anyone in thier guild acting this way, go to them and tell them. They would probably appreciate your alerting them if you think thier guilds honor is at stake.

C

Crow

Smack talk...bleh...never really been much for it. I usually just laugh off any 'stupid noob' coment I get, and am more likely to bow or say, 'good fight' if time permits on the field.

LSN has a strict policy of returning any dropped items, no matter who it is. That means items that should be insured or blessed. Stuff like bandies, pots...whatever...that is fair game. If someone breaks that speak up.

However, I hate it when people cry about rez killing...If you are stupid enough to take a rez in the middle of a battle, or not smart enough to find a safe location to regroup, you deserve what you get.

What's the worst that happens? You feel a little dumb for a second...you loose another 2800-6000k depending on how much stuff you carry...and hopefully you learn from your mistake and move on.

There are times when it may be uncalled for, such as duels...or maybe once the battle is clearly over. Many times on my home shard, a certain guild was well known for rezing people once they had successfully stolen and dropped your champ, collected your gold and made it out with what is now their scrolls.

Even in situations like that you have to expect that there is a chance you will be made a fool of, just try not to take it so personal.

If you want to speak of tactics...it is very much in your favor to keep the other side seeing grey, and it can be crushing to their moral to wreak their rez spot.

One of the jobs of the stealth archer is to track healers and insta kill a fresh rez. Even if someone instantly gets invised after rezing, an earthquake (you gotta be red if they are blue) will get you paid real quick like.

The spirit speak skill comes in handy for finding ghosts. One thing I love doing though is leading some dumb necro in completely the wrong direction when they think I am stupid enough to lead them to our rez location...lol

I

Intoxication

Yeah a guild leader can't be on 24-7 but i know i have had to kick a few members for not following rules. Things like not returning armor (like crow said we make all our members give back fallen armor no mater who it is), trying to kill greens while at luna, luring newbies into fel when they see they have uninsured things (this is a big no no), not turning scrolls in and then switching them out for lesser scrolls in turn ripping the rest of the guild off on there shot at a nice 120. Depending on the size of the guild and how many shards they are playing its some times hard to keep track of all your members.

You also have to remember that fel rules are a lot different then tram rules even in guilds.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record I returned Cuba's heavy last night to morgaine after me and Sir Pimps went through them rez killing both of us at Glow. (glow killing 4tl)

I guess what im trying to say is, if i drop items i want them returned as well.

I

Intoxication

yeah well a member of ours dropped a few bows last night on his new archer and they were not returned. so if FFBz has any honesty left in them I'm sure they will see if they can get them back to us or no one is going to wanna fight with them. I cant say for sure who looted it (well i can but i think we are not aloud to point fingers on these forums) but he was killed by stud and his other buddys in despise during the muti guild war we had in there last night. We would really like to see the bows back into there owners hands or i will call my guild out of any fight with this guild. It is good to see that some guilds do still try to work together on this policy that most shards do stand by. Class goes far in pvp weather you wanna believe that or not.

G

Gellor

As said, GM's can't be on day and night... even guilds with three of them:hahaha:

On rez killing, my guild does have the policy of not rez killing. By rez killing, we mean OUR guild rezzing then killing. But it does happen... especially with new members. As for killing fresh rezzes at a healer, I'm not into that but if you are dumb enough to continually rez when you've been killed once, you can't complain.

On looting, I believe in karma. Our guild policy is return items but ultimately is left up to the individual. There are some guilds who have screwed us out of items and so those guilds have been added to the "no return" list and generally, those guilds will not get stuff back.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must be blue, you see i dont have the option of going to Luna and rez. Since there seems to be only one red healer in fel i have to rez there leaving me open to rks.

So far only AV has resorted to this.

Imo all healers in fel should be red.

G

Gellor

You must be blue, you see i dont have the option of going to Luna and rez. Since there seems to be only one red healer in fel i have to rez there leaving me open to rks.
*snickers* Believe that I'm blue if it makes you feel better.

I actually play reds mostly on three shards(two shards are only on reds) and I've NEVER had a problem getting rez killed... EVER:lick: And not because they are stealthers:hahaha:

The secret is: Don't goto the red healer you're going to:lick:

Seriously, I can think of AT LEAST four spots to get a heal as a red near moongates. If one is camped, I head to another spot.

C

Crow

Red healers in T2A would be nice...hmmm i sense a soon to be flamed post in uhall....

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah well a member of ours dropped a few bows last night on his new archer and they were not returned. so if FFBz has any honesty left in them I'm sure they will see if they can get them back to us or no one is going to wanna fight with them. I cant say for sure who looted it (well i can but i think we are not aloud to point fingers on these forums) but he was killed by stud and his other buddys in despise during the muti guild war we had in there last night. We would really like to see the bows back into there owners hands or i will call my guild out of any fight with this guild. It is good to see that some guilds do still try to work together on this policy that most shards do stand by. Class goes far in pvp weather you wanna believe that or not.
Thanks for posting this, and I will be sure to let my members know to keep the bows.

I

Intoxication

wow you guys are just moving up in class

thats ok one of the reasons i kicked the guy out of my guild that looted the stuff was he didnt think he should give av their stuff back when they dropped it. kinda funny how now av fights with him and calls us the bad guys. by the way i made sure to get the dropped armor back in AVs hands.

What guild was this thread even started about anyway?

PS red healers in t2a would be kinda cool

C

Crow

so if FFBz has any honesty left in them I'm sure they will see if they can get them back to us or no one is going to wanna fight with them
It's okay guys...we know you have your reasons for not returning items...by the way the above quote has nothing to do with anything...lol

M

Morgaine

I hate rez killing or being rez killed.. but I have to agree, if you rez where they can find you easy or in the middle of everyone you deserve it.
What I do not agree with is killing the red healers so no one can rez or going through the gates searching them out once they have left the battle to go rez... as you Atl found out the other night, I wont participate in it, but I cant stop other members from doing it, I have voiced my opinion about it many times already.
I dont care who they are and how much they might deserve it, i will not intentionally rez kill someone, unless as stated above, they are dumb about where they do it.

Some people get a huge kick out rez killing, why Im not quite sure... I would rather fight them in full armor, has more satisfaction in it.

Giving items back is always something AV has always done and will continue doing, regardless of the guild. Even if its a guild that wont return items, we still will.