• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC1 Felucca Champ Spawn odd behvior

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went down to Felucca Despise to kill Baracoon. I wanted to check out the global loot changes on a Felucca champion. After Baracoon popped I noticed some very odd behavior. Normally Baracoon will spawn a group of rats occasionally, they spawn right around your character. Well this time as I was fighting Baracoon, Tier 2, 3 and 4 spawn was also popping up around the island. They were not spawning right next to me like when Baracoon sends some rats (and he did send some rats) but just randomly on the island kind of like when you are working the levels of spawn. To clarify these things spawned while I was killing Baracoon: Dire Wolves, Ratmen, Ratmen Mages, Ratmen Archers, Hell Hounds and Silver Serpents. I thought this was soo strange but I just killed everything and eventually killed Baracoon. Once Baracoon died the gate to leave went up but the spawn kept spawning! I kept killing it and it kept spawning. Once the gate closed the spawn kept coming and coming. I kept killing it and it kept spawning. This continued until I popped the spawn again by using Valor on the idol of the champion. Regular Tier 1 spawn started as expected.

I then decided to do Felucca Semidar in Fire Dungeon. I worked the spawn all the way to Tier 4. Once I got to Tier 4 I stopped and let it revert completely to Tier 1. I then worked it back up and what I noticed this time was that during each Tier, Tier 4 spawn would also occasionally spawn (by this I mean Demons and succubus). I dealt with the spawn regardless and popped Semidar. I fought and killed Semidar BUT spawn from Teir 1, 2, 3 and 4 continued to spawn! After I killed Semidar I went and eliminated everything in the dungeon. However, all four teirs of spawn continued to spawn around the alter. I ducked out of the dungeon for a little bit (after killing everything I could find) and came back to...MORE spawn. I killed off this spawn and guess what...more spawn spawned at the alter. This was not straggler spawn. I stood on the alter and watched this spawn happen. The alter has not been challenged again since killing Semidar. When I kill the spawn it doesn't produce any candles. I just spawns, I kill it, it spawns I kill it....pretty much non-stop for an hour now.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the first scenario, I actually like the bug. Having random spawn from levels 1-4 spawn while killing the champ? I like that, adds some new difficulty to a worn out and old system.

Now, in the second example, Yea that's no fun.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still standing there killing. A harpy, a stone harpy, a gargoyle, a demon and a succubus just spawned, a little mongbat just died too. I am getting a ton of silver as a I stand here too, thank you demons.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We've identified the issue and you should see it fixed in our next update to TC1 - Thanks for the report!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've identified the issue and you should see it fixed in our next update to TC1 - Thanks for the report!
Awesome to know, I had spent another forty minutes standing on the alter killing things until I had to go. I was even getting SoTs too.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All that blah blah blah and you didn't mention how good the loot on the champion was. I feel so unsatisfied reading it. Cmon noob let us know!!