• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Taste Identification] Taste ID question!

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way to gain Taste ID past 75 naturally? I know there are SoTs and the Discord trick, those are my last resort :)

Anyone have some insight?

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way to gain Taste ID past 75 naturally? I know there are SoTs and the Discord trick, those are my last resort :)

I think I had this GM'd at one time before soulstones but I don't have it anymore.
A couple questions come to mind,
Why would you want to? (hehe just have to ask)
Have you tried poisoned food?
What have you tried?
Have you grabbed a crystal ball of knowledge and turned it on when you attempted to gain?

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I had this GM'd at one time before soulstones but I don't have it anymore.
A couple questions come to mind,
Why would you want to? (hehe just have to ask)
Have you tried poisoned food?
What have you tried?
Have you grabbed a crystal ball of knowledge and turned it on when you attempted to gain?
Hiya,

Well, I want the skill because of the title it gives! That and I want to finish every skill :D

Well, I'm at 75 now. I worked regular food to 50, at which point it stopped giving me gains. I then worked it on around 80 poisoned fish steaks until 75 at which point it stopped gaining again.

I've also tried kegs. I'll have to dig up a crystal ball of knowledge and see what it has to say, ty!

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya,

Well, I want the skill because of the title it gives! That and I want to finish every skill :D

Well, I'm at 75 now. I worked regular food to 50, at which point it stopped giving me gains. I then worked it on around 80 poisoned fish steaks until 75 at which point it stopped gaining again.

I've also tried kegs. I'll have to dig up a crystal ball of knowledge and see what it has to say, ty!

I actually just started a char tonight, with 50 Taste Id ... so I will be right on your coattails with this training ;-) Let me know what works! heh

edit: FAQ says poisoned fish steaks .. that's it ... though looks like it's from 2004 ... so not sure how accurate still ...

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a way to gain Taste ID past 75 naturally?

Any luck with this?

I started a new char with 50 Taste Id, and trained using one poisoned rib.

50-60 went nice and quick

60-70 slowed dramatically, but still chugged along gaining

70-75 super slow gains, but gaining

Sat at 75 for a few hours, no gains at all ... looks like I too have hit the wall ... maybe I burned my tongue, I don't know .. but the gains sure stopped at 75 you're right ...

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been searching like mad trying to find an answer to this ....

This is the best I've come up with heh ...

A post on UOForums from December 15th 2006 :

I'm still trying to gm every skill on one account, but it's looking like mission impossible with taste id capped at 75.0 and not 0.1 ggs in a half year even. I've posted on this minor problem before. GM said to report it to the "lifeless" bug link. If there is an overhaul on some rp skills, please nerf the cap!

I hope this hasn't actually been ignored for rolling up on 4 years now ...

The search continues ....

edit : I posted the question to the 'Ask the Devs' forum .. it is in for approval now, so we will see if anything comes from that ...