• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming training : Is it possible to make a UOAssist macro for renaming/releasing ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When training up taming, a time consuming process is the renaming of the just tamed pet and its release.

Is it possible to set up a UOAssist Macro that does it in a stroke of a key ?

How ?

Also, if a TAMED pet is discorded before the transfer and then it is transferred to another player, first is it possible to discord a tamed pet, and second, will the discord lower the level of the taming skill necessary for the receiving tamer to get the pet transferred ?

Thanks.

O

Old Man of UO

Re: Taming training : Is it possible to make a UOAssist macro for renaming/releasing

NOT a good idea to get in the practice of using a macro to rename and release your pet. Sooner or later you will accidentally hit that key and release a pet you don't want to... in the middle of battle.

Why do you want to rename them? You can just left-click and release, but you must have a reason for it.

And the last questions about discord, you can discord your pet and no it doesn't lower the taming requirements for transferring.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Taming training : Is it possible to make a UOAssist macro for renaming/releasing

NOT a good idea to get in the practice of using a macro to rename and release your pet. Sooner or later you will accidentally hit that key and release a pet you don't want to... in the middle of battle.

Why do you want to rename them? You can just left-click and release, but you must have a reason for it.

And the last questions about discord, you can discord your pet and no it doesn't lower the taming requirements for transferring.

Thanks.

I am training up a new tamer and doing polar bears a go-go. I need to rename them or I loose track of those I tamed already........

If there is a way to make such a macro with UOAssist (rename and then release) I'd still like to know how to do it. It would speed up my training a lot.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What I do is manually delete the "a " from the front of a pet name, by hand then have a macro set to release say "bear" etc.

Or just set the pet you tamed to kill a couple of others.

I tend to kill fresh tames unless someone asks for pretames tbh, as it can give the arriving tamer a lot of spawn to kill if they're too difficult for them.

Wenchy

Amber Moon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If there is a way to make such a macro with UOAssist (rename and then release) I'd still like to know how to do it. It would speed up my training a lot.
I have looked into this before and never found a way with either the client or UOA macros.. sorry :(

J

[JD]

with the recent changes I think they actually made it more difficult/annoying in the enhanced client.

you used to just be able to type a letter into the pet name box and hit enter and then right click release

now you have to right click rename, enter pet name and ok or enter, and then right click release

how freaking annoying.. sometimes they really make me wonder if they play tamers.

O

Old Man of UO

... sometimes they really make me wonder if they play tamers.
heh... or bards... especially bard/tamers.

D

Drazasamus

i name all of mine a gumi bear and release them in luna or brit bank... lets people know who was there