• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming, jewelry, and training; questions

G

Gellor

Did a search. Found some good info... found some not so good info.

I understand what I should be training when(at least in theory). Still trying to figure out the whole "40-60%" gain thing:coco: Anyone help me on this?

Anyways, the question is should I be sporting jewelry and just going for the hardest thing on the list?

I've got two guys I'm going to try brute hard training on. One to finish off to 120(he's at 114) and another to 107ish(he's at 98).

With the guy at 114, should I just pop him to 120 with jewelry and go after ki-rins?

With the guy at 98, should I pop him up and do the same thing? Or is there an ideal pet and skill level I should be working? Again, this guy is only heading to 107:thumbsup:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At that sort of level you may as well put on items and work whatever spawn you fancy :) I've turned over cu sidhe at that level, but you could do zoo turnins too.

Other than that, I'd suggest bulls to 103 ish then ridgebacks :)

Wenchy

Z

Zodiac19

I understand what I should be training when(at least in theory). Still trying to figure out the whole "40-60%" gain thing:coco: Anyone help me on this?

With the guy at 114, should I just pop him to 120 with jewelry and go after ki-rins?
First if you put in your skills (modified / unmodified) into the taming calaculator on stratics Here it will tell you what your chacne to tame a pet is and optimaly you want between 45-55% chance to tame.

As for jeweling up to 120 and doing Ki-rins thats what I did. Slow but works fine.

G

Gellor

But is it the most efficient way to do it?

I know one only gets to tame so often(aka skill timer) So if the ideal gains happen in the 45-55 range, the question really boils down to: Does jewelry really effect it?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I know one only gets to tame so often(aka skill timer) So if the ideal gains happen in the 45-55 range, the question really boils down to: Does jewelry really effect it?
You may want to consider the Museums Talisman for Tamers, it gives a +5 for Lore and Taming. Unless you have some better Talisman to use.

From my perspective and there are other perspectives, one way or the other it is going to end up being about over the 700-720 cap. I chose the skills I could live without, to be Skill Modified, when dead and retrieving my stuff.

U

uoBuoY

The lower the skill the faster the gain. That's why people train difficult skills while Discoed.

However, Taming above GM is just mind-numbingly boring. With my 3rd Tamer I stoned everything except Taming and Lore and took 2 GGS a day. With my 4th Tamer I used gems and looked for the best Cus I could find. That was a lot more interesting and fun.

G

Gellor

With the statement of "lower is better", does faction stat loss help this?

G

Gellor

Also, I know that having lower total skill lowers the timer between GGS gains... but does it help in any other way?