• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming GD's and cu's

S

SammaelTC

I've got 110 taming and lore. currently i don't have enough money to buy 120 scrolls for taming and lore. Am i waisting my time trying to tame either? Any idea on how much it would cost to buy a 3-4 star GD and a 3-4 star cu?

Thanks

O

Old Man of UO

What shard are you on? I have a very good plain cu sidhe in the stable (all shards are down now or I'd give you a rating) and have tamed many to give to others. I only sell the red-black-white and the rare plain that is very good. Even if you had to pay on another shard, I can't imagine anyone charging more than 100K for a decent 3+, but a 4+ will cost you for the search time. I sold a trained 4+ for 1 mil.

Greater dragons... not sure. I only tame those for myself, and never sold one. To Guildmates we give them out free. But to get a very good will does take a lot of time (and dying on my part).

S

SammaelTC

I play on Sonoma.
I tried taming a GD today. didn't spend much time at it though and since the server was going down soon, i didn't put much effort into it. I did get a few attempts in but failed each time and died after the last.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got 110 taming and lore. currently i don't have enough money to buy 120 scrolls for taming and lore. Am i waisting my time trying to tame either? Any idea on how much it would cost to buy a 3-4 star GD and a 3-4 star cu?

Thanks
It's possible to get both pets tamed with 110, however the greater will be a real handful.

Could you afford a 115 taming scroll instead? it's a lot cheaper than 120 but it will help you tame faster. That's what I've done on my younger tamers, and it works a treat. You could also just ask someone to tame a basic cu or dragon for you until you get something better yourself. I used a basic dragon to work the spawn until I found a keeper and tamed it. So that's another option too.

Wenchy

R

RichDC

Taming greaters is easy as pie!!!

im at 110/120 and have little problems, fail a few times but its all about technique :p

Rarely die while taming...never have never will (unless they let me try to tame a platinum dragon, im sure id die doing that!)

S

SammaelTC

Wenchin:
I have all lower level pets. 1-2 stars. a dragon, a wyrm, a cu. I can afford a 115 taming scroll, if i could just find one. haven't seen one lately at luna and i don't have any other houses marked that sell them.

Rich:
what is your method for taming GD? of course your 120 may make succeeding much easier then at 110/110

O

Old Man of UO

Taming greaters is easy as pie!!!

im at 110/120 and have little problems, fail a few times but its all about technique :p

Rarely die while taming...never have never will (unless they let me try to tame a platinum dragon, im sure id die doing that!)
Why bother posting at all unless you are willing to share your "technique"?

R

RichDC

Technique is simple 2 things are required...patience and spellweaving.

First get as high a circle as you can(4or higher preferably), then once you have found your GD invoke virtue honour (thats the patience bit you need to work this up) about 10seconds before the end of the honour cast spell etheral voyage, keep an eye on the buff bar to know how long you have,

If you fail the tame in this period invis wait 4mins(more patience) and repeat.

you will never be targeted by the GD, If you begin tame and you come out of voyage youll need to kepp invising yourself until wither you succeed or fail.

R

RichDC

Yes and no,

A Greater has a barding difficulty of 160, so even with a reptile/dragon slayer instrument it will break peace in about 5seconds...thats not much time to get a tame cycle of.

Thats if you can actually peace the damn thing in the first place!

However, if you could disco peace it that may give you a larger window, probs about 8-10seconds.

S

SammaelTC

anyone have any 115 taming and animal lore scrolls for sale on sonoma?