• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Gains - Probably a ? for Wenchkin

T

this guy

I've seen you post on a number of occasions that if you want to maximize gains, you should be only raising taming. How does that work? Can I just lock all my other skills with one set to go down and taming set to go up? And how sure are you that it's the case that this really yields more frequent gains?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't tend to do anything specific with locking skills up or down to get better gains, what I do is minimise the total skill points that character has so she gets the fastest gains with the GGS system. If you scroll down on this page you'll find a chart that explains things more clearly.

Ideally you want to soulstone your other skills off the character you're training. I have a spare character who I can transfer a skill over to and she works it up without any other skills slowing her GGS down. That's my preferred option. You can also soulstone off skills and transfer them to other characters and do it that way.

You don't need to lock other skills to get taming gains, it's just something you could do to minimise the total skill points that character is using.

Wenchy

T

this guy

Ohh okay, I completely misunderstood before. I'm going to give this a shot. My tamer is my main character on Napa Valley, though, and this is my first tamer. So yeah I haven't got other characters to build skill on, but I'll try transferring other skills off of the tamer. I'm in Tokyo right now and it's getting late, so I'll give that page a read in the morning. Thanks for the referencing, though. You're a real pro =)