• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Alacrity Scrolls Are Worthless

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had 110 taming and i went and tamed some ridgebacks and got .4 gains in about a hour so i figured hey ill use one of my alacrity scrolls and get more gains.... well after 15 mins not one gain. The next day i logged in and got my daily taming gain and logged out, then i thought hey why not use the scroll then get my daily gain... i used the scroll and didn't get a daily gain at all and another 15 mins go by with 0 gains. I figured maybe it was just bad luck so i wait another day and try again. Once more no daily gain or any other gains at all. Anyone else have bad luck with these scrolls or am i just not taming the right things.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should add alacrity scrolls to the FAQ threads. Taming scrolls require that you don't use that character for a couple of weeks. Here's the trick:
1. drop enough skills that you get max GGS per day (use soul stones)
2. Have a friend tame two bulls and release them into your house.
3. Log in your tamer, tame the bulls, and hope you get the guaranteed gain
4. Log out again immediately
5. Repeat steps 2-4 every time you're due a gain.

If you don't get the GGS gain from the two bulls, you could repeat the process or wait until your next scheduled gain. I recommend the latter.

When the GGS gain returns to 0.1 per taming attempt, the scroll finally expired.

So your character will be out of commission for weeks (I think it was 18-20 days for when I helped a friend with the process, but gained from 114-120), so have an alt to play with if you want to use the alacrity scroll.

The scrolls don't increase your chance of a gain, they just increase the amount of skill gained for every successful gain, which means that 15 minutes of taming without GGS with net you an average of no gains.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Two alacrity scrolls couldn't have been cheap.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info, seems to me that theyv'e made gaining way harder than it needs to be.

G

goodgimp

Taming is probably one of the most powerful skills, though, so IMO it should be pretty hard.

D

Darien

Ok here is a trick I have not tried with Taming since I am already 120. I did however try it with Detect Hidden and Tracking.

Trans Scrolls + Alacrity Scrolls

The Bonus Caps at 1.0 Skill gain or so I noticed anyhow. I also noticed that I sometimes gained alot more than .5 from the alacrity scroll when used in combo with the Trans scroll.

Anyways that is what I did with Detect Hidden and Tracking. No reason it will not work for Taming or any other skill.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That alac and SoT trick sounds like a good one... least amount of work :) if i ever get any Sot's maybe ill have to try it.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you ought to eat the alacrity scroll BEFORE you get your GGS so that you maximize it.;) Face it...at high levels your lucky to get .1-.2 per day. You may as well maximize them. Furthermore, you can eat the scroll, get your GGS, and log out, wait a couple days, do it again, log again...the scroll measure 15 minutes of GAME time, not RL time, so you could conceivably get 2-4 larger gains based on your GGS off of a single scroll, as long as you aren't in any hurry to use the character. FWIW.

Oops, Farsight beat me to it lol.