• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming a Bane Dragon solo : how ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I decided to give it a try to tame me a Bane Dragon but I guess I must be doing something wrong.

Mage Tamer with 110 Magery, Eval Int and 100 Meditation and 120 spellweaving.
Taming skills all 120.

I spent almost an hour trying to tame one but got to nothing, eventually it died to an E-Vortex which I could not dispell fast enough (it resisted) and I gave up.

Since I have read of people taming hundreds of them before finding a good one, I must be doing something wrong as, clearly, it got to be way much easier and faster to tame them than how I was trying to.

I was basically casting evortexes which were systematically being dispelled or nature's fury. I had mana problems often because I needed to also hide a lot to get out of being aggroed (especially when trying to lead tame) and besides, it keps poisoning me and I had to cure/heal me up all the time thus wasting more mana in the process.

I had to actively meditate often and this gave time to heal back to the bane dragon.

Anyway, what would be the most efficient way to tame this pet ?

In order to tame hundreds of them to find a good one it got to be doeable in a few minutes, but how ? With what template ?

Thanks for the advice.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my tamer is a bard tamer I would disco it beat it down then peace it and proceed to tame took me about 20 tries i imagine ! much easier if you have someone that can peace /heal for you

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my tamer is a bard tamer I would disco it beat it down then peace it and proceed to tame took me about 20 tries i imagine ! much easier if you have someone that can peace /heal for you

How can you squeeze all those skills ?

I mean, 120 Music + 120 Discord + 120 peace = 360 points.

Then you need 120 Taming and 120 Animal lore = 240

You have only 120 points to play with. I guess magery but with no meditation and no Eval Int.

How do you beat it down with such a slow mana regen rate especially considering that it heals back up fast, perhaps faster than what mana can regenerate ?

As in regards to getting help in taming it yes, I suppose it would be easier then but I do not like to annoy others with problems which are mine.

They are my problems and I find it reasonable that I deal with them without bothering or annoying others with them.

Time is an asset and the most valuable one when life is so short, I do not want to waste others' time for problems which are mine.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
jewels +26 disco +20 taming +5 peace song woven mantle +10 music
gives me 120 disco 115 peace 115 taming 110 lore 100 magery
i have mana regen 9 on items
and with the new jewels i will have 120 all the way across plus dci of 59
i ride my mare in and it does the damage for me
and i can actually add more regen if i put 2 on each peace instead of 1

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
jewels +26 disco +20 taming +5 peace song woven mantle +10 music
gives me 120 disco 115 peace 115 taming 110 lore 100 magery
i have mana regen 9 on items
and with the new jewels i will have 120 all the way across plus dci of 59
i ride my mare in and it does the damage for me
and i can actually add more regen if i put 2 on each peace instead of 1

I am surprised, you use a nightmare without having any veterinary ?

You can keep up with gheals ?

I can barely handle the mana for myself I could never imagine having to heal a pet.......
Not to mention if it dies not being able to res it.

I would think using a mare was more trouble than help without being able to heal it effectively. It ain't so ?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a mage tamer. Beat the hell out of them with ebolts and a dragon slayer spellbook...about three-four ebolts and it's redlined. Start tame macro, invis, wait to see if I fail or not. Lather rinse and repeat. Usually I can get the tame within 6-10 attempts. If it takes longer and they heal up some, beat them down again with magic arrows to avoid killing them and start over. I jump out of range as needed to cure/heal. Personally I don't find them overly difficult solo, but having a healer is never a bad thing either.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am surprised, you use a nightmare without having any veterinary ?

You can keep up with gheals ?

I can barely handle the mana for myself I could never imagine having to heal a pet.......
Not to mention if it dies not being able to res it.

I would think using a mare was more trouble than help without being able to heal it effectively. It ain't so ?
I also have 103 vet

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a nightmare without vet as well for Bane taming.

I swap vet for peacemaking.

Skills are Taming 120, Lore 120, magery 120, Music 120, Discord 120 and Peacemaking 120. All real.

First step is to lure bane out away from the hellhounds by using area peace while constantly re-clicking the bane to make it follow.

Next step is to peace the bane then discord it then sick the mare on it using magery for heals and cures.

The trick is to call off the mare before the bane dies. A 28% discorded bane doesn't last long against the mare.

Finally I'll throw a couple mindblasts to get the bane to submit then commence taming.