• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer's Who Are Oblivious!

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious how many tamers claim they know how to do a boss with a pet?
Seems to me most of you need a refresher in pet commands specifically
"All Follow" " All Kill "
In places such as the peerless boss Melisand, Travesty.. Doom Dark Father's
If you don't already tell your pets to Follow the boss Please Do it helps keep you alive if you get your Greater Dragon or whatever pet you run with to follow the boss it will not come lumbering back to your position when the boss casts invisiblity draging said boss with it to your side oh what fun that is.

It's not hard and will save a party from disaster if you just tell the pet to follow then tell it to kill said boss.

Like Greater Dragon = Easy Mode
Controlling Said Dragon well = God Mode or close enough!

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The follow command is almost a must in Travesty. It helps keep the pets fighting her when the mirror images confuse them.

I love the people who spam All Follow Me at a pet who is stuck on something and can't figure out why MY pets just walk around while theirs stand there. The Come command is great. (I whisper my commands so unless you're right next to me you can't hear me but the pets can-this doesn't work in KR, only 2d for those unfamiliar with it. That's how people get the pets to obey those nifty commands like *pulls leash* and have the pet follow. You make a macro to whisper the command on the next like of it speak what you want everyone to see.)

People really need to learn the Stop command for when they accidently target someone elses pet. Follow isn't going to do any good if one of the pets is bleeding, poisoned or has rage going on it.

C

Ceridwen

Wobble,
Don't know how often I watched tamers get killed by Melissa because they forgot the follow-command...

But then again, that's how you can see that not every tamer is a good tamer (so much for "all kill - no skill"). ;)