• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamers in PvP...

C

Chuckles...

Apparently nobody on the freaking shard has ran around with a peacemage in their group. Area peace can be used quickly and rather efficently. All the people who constantly complain they need balance need to realize that there already is balance, you just choose not to utilize it.

N

Nerf-Herder

My bard is red and in factions. I triple dog dare you to go spamming area peace like that at the luna bank.

N

Nerf-Herder

Oh I know, I'm just sayin that I don't expect to stay verticl too long after all the hidden notos show up!

I do agree that area peace can save lives. Just remember that it knocks your allies out of war mode too!

I

imported_SavageSP

I Triple Dog Dare you to use that Firehorn in the Middle of Luna Bank!

I

imported_mo'gluk

call me an orc that doesn't appreciate music, how do you area peace....

N

Nerf-Herder

Use skill peace, target self.

Apparently everyone in the area stops what they are doing long enough to feel sorry for the crappy musician and throw a few coins into his hat.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

I Triple Dog Dare you to use that Firehorn in the Middle of Luna Bank!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God it doesn't hit hidden targets, so as long as I can't see a blue it should be ok!

C

Chuckles...

lol you are right i did forget about the fact that it removes your buddies from combat too... You can individually peace though if its just one tamer!

On the other hand if your buddies are aware of that it shouldnt make to big of a differnence...

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

lol you are right i did forget about the fact that it removes your buddies from combat too... You can individually peace though if its just one tamer!

On the other hand if your buddies are aware of that it shouldnt make to big of a differnence...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to the dexxers, but any tamers on your side might get torqued because peace of any kind seems to make the pets a bit "stubborn".

The real advantage of area peace is that you only need 200 skill points to do it 100%. To peace a creature directly, you really need to bring both music and peace to 120, and run a GM instrument.

N

Nerf-Herder

My bard just got an El Kabong tattoo.

Now that the rest of his stuff is done, maybe I should dust off my soulstones. It has been quite some time since I griefed the crap out of King Ed.

...and now I don't have to worry about taking counts!

M

Masumatek

Animal forms exist. Anyone complaining that dismount is overpowered can just use that.

DCI and parry exist. Anyone who complained about one hit LS samurai could have just used that.

Etc etc etc. Get the point? The suggestion that someone should have to kill their template by putting peace/music on it just to fight INCREDIBLY overpowered monsters that don't belong in PvP in the first place is RIDICULOUS.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know when had this discussion but, what about the hp regen suits, and smokebombs? I dont know it just seems odd people want to play like that and fight... Its kind of saddening

C

CorwinWE

Pets belong in PvP, they've been there since the beginning of the game, but like most everything of value in the game ... when you die, you should lose it.

Simple rule. It never should have been broken.