• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/mage armor

B

Banner

Just wondering what armor everyone is using on there Tamer/mage..
The armor that I'm using has a 100 LRC. But all of my resistances are real low?? I don't want to raise Magic Resist.. So how could I raise resist and still have 100 LRC.. any ideals??

O

Old Man of UO

I use a sorcerer's suit, with max resist and 100% LRC on my tamer. It's mana regen is too low for a lot of casting and I could put together a better suit. But that one suits my tamer.

The best way to create a good suit is to start with one nice piece and build off that one. If you have or can afford it, the rune beetle carapace is a nice all around chest piece to start almost any suit with.

Next, put on the best second piece you have or can find, such as hat of magi or a good mana regen and high LRC and as high total resist as you can find. And start building one piece at a time like that to fill out the rest of the suit. I am a hoarder and can usually put together a complete suit with what I have, lacking only one or two pieces.

B

Banner

It is my goal to have the sorcerer's suit... I just can not seem to find it!!!! Ok until then I will start with the rune beetle carapace and build of of that.. thanks

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the RBC and the Pendant as the basis for my tamers suits. After that, I get the LRC, LMC, MR and resists where I want it so the suits are 60's plus in all resists, max lrc/lmc and i run 8-10 MR. That usually works pretty well, as I tend to run all my tamers as mage/tamers, though they do stone some bard skills and spellweaving on occasionally as needed.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a one arti suit (stitcher's mitts).

Everything else has LRC/Resists and MR. I'm short on LMC, and have no luck, but I get by.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a one arti suit (stitcher's mitts).

Everything else has LRC/Resists and MR. I'm short on LMC, and have no luck, but I get by.

I

InspectorGadget

AOF
120luck 15LRC mr2 gorget
Jesters hat of Chuckles
125luck 17LRC 2MR sleeves
115luck 15LRC MR2 gloves
130luck 15LRC MR2 legs
Etoile set(400luck MR2 3/6casting)
Order shield of vesper(80luck -1casting, hence the 3 on the etoile set)
Royal guard survival knife(140luck sc no pen 25%ep)

Still waiting on my luckblade to take me above the 220 on weapons.

WHO CARES ABOUT RESISTS!

My highest resist is probably around 40, but im PvM so no need. My beetle bake destroy anything before resist becomes an issue.

This is on a SW/vet/tamer

O

Old Man of UO

WHO CARES ABOUT RESISTS!

My highest resist is probably around 40, but im PvM so no need. My beetle bake destroy anything before resist becomes an issue.

There are a lot of places where the resist comes in handy. I can stand with my greater dragon constantly healing it while fighting the Dark Father. You can't do this with your 40 resist suit. The one problem that I do have with my Sorcerers suit is the low mana regen and low LMC.

I

InspectorGadget

Ive solod pretty much every pvm you can solo, only thing i havent solod on my tamer is paroxy.

Apart from that...EVERYTHING has been solod!

G

GFY

If you have a tailor make some armor yourself.

Or go hunting and look for armor pieces with as high as yours in LRC but better resist. Then enhance these pieces for even more resist. I built a suit with 60+ in all resist and 100 lrc. I found the pieces on mostly paragon dread spiders and peerless loot. You will break some pieces but remember it's the final results your looking for. I managed this with my tailor and he was around GM at the time.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I use a 1550 luck suit on my 5x120 disco/tamer (only 75%lrc though) as he is just used for swoops/miasma farming. My resist peak at about 50, 40 avg.

I use an artie/runic set on my necro/tamer to get all 60's+, 100lrc, 40lmc, 40sdi, 3/6 fc/fcr etc... this char is made for spawns so it's more important to stay alive.

I have a sorcerer's set i use for my disco/tamer if i take him to peerless or go gd taming.

S

Samantha_deWintr

Hi Grimm,

I am just returning after several years away. What is a 5x120 disco tamer? I'm going to guess, please tell me what I got wrong:

120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 disco

How do you get around with no magery? Or do you have no vet and put magery instead?

Thank you,
~Samantha.