• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Tamer/Bard help

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys. I've never had a bard before, but I'm currently working on a tamer/bard.

This is the template I'm thinking for hunting:

110 Lore
110 taming
120 music
120 disco
100 vet
100 magery
60 med

The character will run a full trained 4.0 Greater Dragon, and will 90% of the time be running alongside a classic 6*120 tamer mage with a fully trained 4.5 Greater Dragon, hopefully said tamer mage will be able to cope with looking after the health needs of both Greater Dragons, leaving the bard to heal in emergencies and focus on keeping mobs discorded.

The disco will be switched out for peace or provo if required.

What I'm wondering is how well this template will fair, considering most of the time it won't be alone. Also, I'm wondering what kind of suit to go with? LRC, LMC, MR? Will I need to work luck into the suit? Or would that be negated by the tamer mage not having any at all?

As I understand it, it costs 24 mana every 10 seconds to keep the disco spell om? Thanks for any help guys.

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well with that set up you should be able to heal yourself just fine make a macro to use vet/greater heal . make your suit lrc,lmc 40 , as much mana regen as you can I would shoot for 12 at least and 16 or so would be better and if you still have room for luck then put as much as you can.

I run about 800-900 luck with 16 regen 40 lmc 100 lrc and do fine although I run no med and run provo/disco

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are your suit resists at 70?

Thanks for the reply :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would have to log in but i think its 70,70,64,67,75 and I have one imbue spot i have never used so I could max one of those out not to mention i could put on resist foot wear for a couple more just never needed it so have not bothered