• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Archer?

M

marcelom

Hey guys, i have a question (sorry for making so many posts, i hope not to be a pain in the ass, i returned to UO 2 weeks ago and this game is new for me, very very different), what do you think about this template?

GM Taming
GM Lore
GM Veterinary
GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Chivalry
GM Meditation (this can be changed for other skill of better use)

I started the game making myself a pure archer, but i really want to have a tamer like in the old days, i had a tamer archer, and it was so fun for me in those days (8 years ago).
Chivalry i found it very useful with archer skills, the dmg output i can make with CW and EoO is fantastic, so i might choose this skill instead of magery.
What would you suggest about a Tamer Archer? template advices will be much apreciated, and also everything useful you could tell me about PvM with a character like this.
Regards!

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took Anat to GM for extra damage. And I have 110 Lore and Taming. Only need 80 Chiv. I like how the template works. I do use a cu sidhe quite a bit on him for it's ability to heal me.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, that's similar to the archer tamer I had for a while. I think that's about the most workable archer tamer template these days.

I'm tempted to make another with bushido and chiv, but that's likely to be too demanding on mana :D

I did once try to make a dexer who used mage weapons, but typically couldn't find a good enough weapon selection to work with. It's another option, but not one I'd really recommend ;)

Wenchy

5% Luck

I run a fencer pally tamer. At 1st I was an archer and loved it. But the ammo weight cost me trips to the bank to frequently so i swaped to fencing. The thing with being a close ranged melle fighter is you will always be right there to vet your pets. Thats a nice feature over archery. The other thing to mention is If youve got the gold/items you can swap out med for necro and focus. My guy has a 15/15 necro taming braclet and a 13 necro ring midnight bracers and a jakels. I then droped just enough skill on the necro to hold vamp form(99) and dropped the rest into focus

120 fencing
110 lor
110 vet
105 taming
100 tactics
68 chivalry
51 necro

After this main set of skills I fool around with magery focus bushido and other skills SS around or bought and jewle up to par. The vamp form alows me to ight through most AoE casters and keep on the runners till the very end. If i use the proper pet(max damage) and the right slayer,EoO(max damage) I get the best of both worlds.

Archery does have better damage(DPS) but I couldnt see carrying ammo on such a powerfull damage template. I just fill up to quick!

GL the warrior tamer is a rare breed. Carry an invisi pot or 5. They are slow and combersome but makes it alot cheaper then my method (19 magery crystal ring, 15 mage book, 5 tali, 15 braclet set, invisi scroll) but I can pre cast!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
At the very least, bring your archery to 120 (so you can actually hit champs, peerless, etc) and your taming/lore to 110 (so you'll never fail to command your pets).