• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tall Ships] Festival of Sail!!

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

If you live near the San Francisco Bay Area, you should find this information exciting:
Festival of Sail San Francisco July 23rd - July 27th 2008
San Francisco Bay welcomes Tall Ships® from all over the world as they proudly sail under the Golden Gate Bridge and into the hearts of young and old for one week in July 2008! The awe-inspiring vessels will be docked along the waterfront offering the public the unique opportunity to tour, sail and learn.

In addition to the ships' arrival, the entire waterfront will be transformed in to an international nautical attraction celebrating maritime past, present and future. With an abundance of family activities including cultural and musical entertainment, educational programs and events, Festival of Sail San Francisco will enchant and delight the Bay Area. Join us!

Tickets on sale now! Click here

1-877-SAIL-577 (1-877-724-5577)

The Festival of Sail San Francisco is being produced by the San Francisco Maritime National Park Association, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. If you, your company or organization is interested in financially supporting or volunteering at this event, please contact us. We couldn't do it without you!
I just caught wind of it on the radio this morning. When I got home and visited their site, I found the awesome Ships link. *drools*
They are asking for volunteers as well, so if you'd like the opportunity to get close and personal with some of those beauties, be sure to send in an application!
I hope to see you there! :-D

S

Sid Tama

We'll see a tall ship come through my neck of the Gulf of Mexico once every 5 years if we're lucky. I would love to be able to attend an event like this.

D

Dor of Sonoma

They are asking for volunteers as well, so if you'd like the opportunity to get up close and personal with some of those beauties, be sure to send in an application!
Just a quick note: There are only two training sessions remaining for prospective volunteers, and both of those take place today at 3:00pm and 6:00pm Pacific Time, at the Embarcadero. Each session should run around 90 minutes.