• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Talismans and Recipe Scrolls?

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else concerned about the possible scripter abuse with these two items being allowed to be turned in for points?

I don't know how fast they can turn in the quests but manually I can get a talisman or recipe scroll about every 3 minutes just handing in crossbow bolts. There are 1440 minutes in a day which means if I had no life and didn't require sleep (just like a scripter) I could turn in the quest about 480 times. 480 talismans at 250 points each is worth 120,000 points. If scripters could earn that many points per account per day, well gee I get sick just thinking about it. Plus, I am sure they can turn in the quests a lot faster then I can.

So what do you guys think? Do they need to remove the talismans and recipe scrolls as an option for the turn-in?

B

Blade_Thugluv

no, besides theres easyer way to get points. And if they did take them off what about those who script fish and stuff? or script fan dancers? script artie farming? Hey i know since almost every item on the list could be scripted why not remove them all??

Honestly everything EA has done so far to try and stop scripters has not stopped or slowed them down just hurt real players.

~Blade

J

Jhym

They have to get the talismans and scrolls. They then have to go to the appropriate npc, drop the items on them and get the point tickets. Then they have to go to the turn in box and turn in the tickets. They are not guaranteed a taliman or scroll, so in many cases their "script" might have only 30 - 60% of a full item count.

Doesn't sound to me like any self-respecting scripter is going to want to make the effort, but I guess I have a life and don't care.

Z

Zodiac19

I went and did some of the quests and found I would average about three points for turn-in per board. Thats alot of resources for a small return. So I really believe even for a scripter it would be a waste of time.

N

NewThunder

I went and did some of the quests and found I would average about three points for turn-in per board. Thats alot of resources for a small return. So I really believe even for a scripter it would be a waste of time.
What you are forgetting is that they are already scripting for other items, so these points will be a bonus. I am not sure they should be removed from the turn in list, just wanted to point out that scrtipters will get this spill over benifit form their current scripting.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really a big deal with so many of the other items being obtainable for a lot more points per.

L

love2winalot

I did this for just a bit, and was never so bored in my life. To have to click so many times to get the Bolt quest, and a lot of time you get neither a talism or a recepie. I did it until i had a total of 10. Only 2 were talisims.

To relieve my bordom, i took my Dragon over to the Savage Village in Ilshenar and wiped them out...............then did it again........:stretcher:

The berries, mask, spear, are fewer points, but you get more of them faster. Now.....What other village needs to be wiped off the planet? rolleyes:

G

galefan2004

Is anyone else concerned about the possible scripter abuse with these two items being allowed to be turned in for points?

I don't know how fast they can turn in the quests but manually I can get a talisman or recipe scroll about every 3 minutes just handing in crossbow bolts. There are 1440 minutes in a day which means if I had no life and didn't require sleep (just like a scripter) I could turn in the quest about 480 times. 480 talismans at 250 points each is worth 120,000 points. If scripters could earn that many points per account per day, well gee I get sick just thinking about it. Plus, I am sure they can turn in the quests a lot faster then I can.

So what do you guys think? Do they need to remove the talismans and recipe scrolls as an option for the turn-in?
I think the Heartwood quests need worked on. The fact that I have to click the same npc name about 100 times to get the quest I want turns me off to do doing Heartwood quests completely. The only real way to get around this is to script it. Its yet another point that unnecessary mouse clicks encourage scripting.

G

galefan2004

They have to get the talismans and scrolls. They then have to go to the appropriate npc, drop the items on them and get the point tickets. Then they have to go to the turn in box and turn in the tickets. They are not guaranteed a taliman or scroll, so in many cases their "script" might have only 30 - 60% of a full item count.

Doesn't sound to me like any self-respecting scripter is going to want to make the effort, but I guess I have a life and don't care.
What effort...its all completely scriptable. Lets face it, everything in every game is scriptable, so if you want to stop scripters you either take the worse offenders head on and start banning them or you shut down the games so they can't script anymore.

B

Blade_Thugluv

Hunting is way better then the quests. Like the first poster said if you spend 24 hours doing it thats about 120,000 points. And like i said a while ago its easyto get over 100,000 a day easy.. for example..... i posted in this tread about 3 hours ago and in the 3 hours since i have got 7 of the arties in the anti-virtue D's. Thats 70,000 in less then 3 hours. now i didnt spend the whole 3 hours down there either. I did some stealing and i did some gathering. in about 3 hours i got prob about 110,000 points.

real work beats those scripters

~Blade

G

galefan2004

I did this for just a bit, and was never so bored in my life. To have to click so many times to get the Bolt quest, and a lot of time you get neither a talism or a recepie. I did it until i had a total of 10. Only 2 were talisims.

To relieve my bordom, i took my Dragon over to the Savage Village in Ilshenar and wiped them out...............then did it again........:stretcher:

The berries, mask, spear, are fewer points, but you get more of them faster. Now.....What other village needs to be wiped off the planet? rolleyes:
Or go farm power crystals (same points but they drop on almost every Exodus creation with some of them dropping two and the mobs aren't exactly that hard).

L

Lord Kynd

What effort...its all completely scriptable. Lets face it, everything in every game is scriptable, so if you want to stop scripters you either take the worse offenders head on and start banning them or you shut down the games so they can't script anymore.

no

and i agree, everyday more and more people are using scripts, more and more talking about it , openly even .
more and more encouraging others to do it also..

there is what.. 12 of us left that don't script ? :p

L

Lord Kynd

Hunting is way better then the quests. Like the first poster said if you spend 24 hours doing it thats about 120,000 points. And like i said a while ago its easyto get over 100,000 a day easy.. for example..... i posted in this tread about 3 hours ago and in the 3 hours since i have got 7 of the arties in the anti-virtue D's. Thats 70,000 in less then 3 hours. now i didnt spend the whole 3 hours down there either. I did some stealing and i did some gathering. in about 3 hours i got prob about 110,000 points.

real work beats those scripters

~Blade
what are you hunting to get those drops ? and so frequently too..