• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tale of Pixie Hollow

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bedtime with small children can sometimes tend to be overwhelming, especially with 3 small children. I had finally gotten them all to the big divided room we referred to them as their bedroom, the boys on one side and the girly stuff on the other side, each with a book in hand screaming " Read me this one Mommy, NO NOT Their books, MINE MINE MINE", cuddled with them on the love seat moved in front of the fireplace I smile at them all and reach under the cushion for a book I had placed there earlier in the day. Nicely bound with an embossed picture on the cover of a small Village Gate. The cover read " Tales of Pixie Hollow, written by A Hobbit"
Once upon a time in a Land of All that is Magical and Mysterious, a Land all Misfits, OutKasts, Artists, Lost Souls, and Dreamers were always welcomed, a land with even existed the Myth where Vampires and Werewolf once roamed here, ( HERE, is where I lay the book down and look at each of my beautiful Children and smile and say "You know Vampires Do Not Exist", **Thinking to myself how do I explain all I've seen** looking at them and their big wide eyes, I pick up the book, flipping it back over and I begin to read as if our real life was the Fairytale when actually the Fairytale book was more like real life or something like that as I blink and resume the story...) a vast land full of glades shires orc forts, lake of merfolk , and pirates as well, lands of many types Elf. Tucked Far within the lands began a small Shire, Tucked beneath a Pixie Tree the fey began what they called Pixie Hollow......... ( here's where I look over the book propped up on my lap at the twins blinking up at me as they had stood beside my lap, ......patting the cushion beside me they hop up and snuggle under my arms, looking at the page of the book, smiling at them always I say, " this guy who wrote this was sure long-winded wasn't he?" they began to giggle, as they anxiously say " More Mommy More, read us more" with a big sigh at the thought of reading this huge novel I had chosen to read them, I start thumbing pages past to the next chapter, " Surely by this time we can hear some action' , **winking at them I continue the Story** ...."So it goes something like this...".) The Shire attracts magic so shapeshifters and changelings were drawn to Pixie Hollow, so it was common to run into a lost soul or two, sum my favorites was a lovely Mother Bird. However, this fine day wasn't about chit chat from a bird but today the slump shoulder orc leader was in the Shire his intentions could rock either way happy and eager to trade for the homemade booze made here or ready to eat us for dinner, either way, it would be extremely one way er the other. today he was here for food and he had a bone to pick with The Grumpy Old Troll, Who Lived Under the Bridge, at the gates to Umbra....( glancing at the children asleep or barely still blinking trying to hold their eyes open, I carry the sleeping one to his bed gently laying him down on his bed, then tucking the twins each into their beds, " we will finish this chapter tomorrow night, or else I will read it a ways through and Ill tell the story in my own words ok?"
Kissing them each on the forehead they had drifted off to sleep and this will become a Nightly thing, to read about Pixie Hollow.....