• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taking items of corpse or vendor, differense?

M

Mr. Sly

Jesus this is a ridiculous thread personally i take whatever i need from whoever i want (except my guild) if i see a downed person that gets crushed by a ogre lord in despise do i check the corpse or wait by the body till the soul gets back....OF COURSE I CHECK THE CORPSE and if i see **** i want i take it and if they get back before im done and there is still stuff i want..i kill them and do so until i get all the items i want IM RED that means i do what i want when i want because i obviously dont follow the rules. Do i get mad if someone loots me after i die.. hell yea i do sometimes.. its part of the game more importantly its part of SP the number 1 rule for SP is dont wear ANYTHING THAT U DOTN WANT TO LOSE so if u dont want to lose your armor..dont wear it out...u dont want to loose your precious ring and bracelet...dont wear them damnit and if you dont want to die stay in Luna or any other GZ this is a game of risk thats what makes it fun if you dont find it fun..maybe you should find a new home :) and if i find a NEW out doing anything i will and do kill them but they get the respect of not being looted till their tag wears off ;P :bored:

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting a downed player in the field even if you looting didn't take part in the killing is totally different that stealing spragos brother (TK)'s items from a vendor that were priced at free to trash them. I was saddened to see GIL alliance stoop so slow. I used to think GIL was an honorable guild but my eyes have completely been changed after countless incidents with them namely Evermore, Roy C8V/GIL.

I am not siding with KOC on this one however they are in the right, when dead on the field.. This is Siege expect to get looted and if a person has a good relationship with the shard chances are their items will be sold back cheaply.

With that said us in V have been able to estiblish a "no loot" relationship with select guilds and have been grafeful to do that.

This should be a lesson to this whole whiney shard, come on guys improve your act and lets continue having fun on SP.

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offensive Elfstone...but I wouldn't exactly call you hardcore
I am not hardcore but you never see me crying about my stuff being looted and or looting rights.
If I am lucky I buy my stuff back for the typical 20-30 k and if not
"C'est la vie" that's life on Siege.
What you will hear me pancake about is having back stabbing guild mate's that don't have your back and so on but never cry about looting.
"Not pointing fingers @ any1" ;)

I'm with Mr. Sly on this one. If you can't afford to lose it you
shouldn't be wearing it. I couldn't tell you how many times I have been dry looted or looted period. It's the game we all pay to play and it's why we
are here . Rock on SIEGE. PK's please get it together and come out on a mass death spree please. ty

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looting a downed player in the field even if you looting didn't take part in the killing is totally different that stealing spragos brother (TK)'s items from a vendor that were priced at free to trash them. I was saddened to see GIL alliance stoop so slow. I used to think GIL was an honorable guild but my eyes have completely been changed after countless incidents with them namely Evermore, Roy C8V/GIL.

I am not siding with KOC on this one however they are in the right, when dead on the field.. This is Siege expect to get looted and if a person has a good relationship with the shard chances are their items will be sold back cheaply.

With that said us in V have been able to estiblish a "no loot" relationship with select guilds and have been grafeful to do that.

This should be a lesson to this whole whiney shard, come on guys improve your act and lets continue having fun on SP.
Wouldn't that be similar to me thinking V is a scam guild because I read that Cash stole items and refused to pay debts from JSV and KoC?? I look at individuals and make my assumptions from there...not on what I heard or based off one persons actions.
I have read posts here on the forums about every guild trashing others items. Calypso was pissed his items got trashed and thus bought TR's in retalitory to trash.
I'm done posting about this situation. I just find it funny about peoples holier than thou attitude when I know if it had been their guild member that did that they would have been laughing away.

T

TigerDyr

Enigma nicely explained, If Crit really did make those assumptions and loot for that reason good done by him. (No more praises to Crit, been doing that enough in this thread :cursing:)

Mr. Sly you are so ever right.

I would still just like to point out that an item is an item, wether taking from a vendor or looted of a corpse.
Its Siege, lose an item accept it, be glad if you can buy it back or even get it back. Think of it as lost till you have it in your backpack.

Burden, please do not think less of GiL due to this thread or due to Krunks actions, as stated Krunk have resigned from GiL after the incident.
So far have the PvP members of GiL been a minority compared to the rest.

Ah well think there has been breewed all that can of this thread, thanks 420 for in generel keeping the tone sober in this thread.

C ya in game all

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kael and Tiger, I am glad to see that you both are being very reasonable about those actions. I understand the anger and drama that goes on in this game.

I know we would like to all drop this subject but its not quite dead yet unfortunately. So Krunks items trashed by TK and in revenge he trashed TK's items? If thats fact sounds reasonable or was it that someone esle non relating to TK or their guild trashed his items and in pure anger Krunk looked for any reason to be a ****?

I do not want to think of Krunk/Calypso as a sterio type for GIL if he is truely no longer with you guys. Or did he just remove himself from GIL, leaving his other char in WCB and move to C8V. Seeing as you guys are one alliance now.

And JSV removed its factioners out of JSV and moved them to WCB so "they could be green" correct?

Anyway this is were my ranting stops. I hope we can work everything out and all become friends again. but truely I am saddened to see my old guilds the least honorable(GIL/JSV) and my old enemies (TNT, KOC) the most honorable.

Farewell

Death Tax

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will sum this thread up:

This is Siege. Your items are forfeit no matter how someone comes across them. Whether they be free on a vendor, or free on a corpse, it doesn't matter. You may take them if you wish.

As to who is right or wrong, both guilds in this instance are crying. 420 is crying because they were stupid enough to put items on a vendor for free and expect noone else to take them once seen. That's ridiculous. Once it hits that vendor's pack and the timer expires, they are free game to ANYONE, whether that person can wear them or not.

As for looting corpses, again, this is Siege! YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE STUFF! If you can't handle losing it, then don't wear it (EA actually quoted me on that on uo.com at one point, lol) Whether you are in a no-loot war or not, there is *always* someone watching, waiting, biding their time for the moment to strike.

When I get looted, I don't cry (contrary to what Enigma believes :p) I wait a few then icq the person and ask for a buyback (sometimes) If I cannot afford to buy back what I lost, then I lost it. No tears, no apologies, no vent meltdowns. It just happened.

That is all. /rant

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was the guy crit looted to start the whole thing. The difference in his action and krunks is he did stay and fight to earn the items he got off me and any he got off you guys. I appreciate the fact you all turned on him, and even came back on my red (died a second time) but I really hold no animosity towards critical for doing what he did. He did it to start a fight and we had ample opprotunity to retrieve my items and even bank his suit; he and kage (HaHa) just took it to us. Critical did sell the one item that i cared about back to me, a little pricy but hell I wanted that item:).

Krunk did not even try to profit off it, he just trashed it to greif another player.

P.S. If we fight in Luna or at annouced loacation this sort of thing is gonna happen. Karma turned the other way later in the night at spirit and Crit lost his suit to our combined forces. Krunk went out of his way to grief someone who he had no even had a fight with. I can not even begin to equate Critical playing guild war jumper with what Krunk did. that's my .02.

P.S.S. I posted this w/o reading a single response to the OP.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know we would like to all drop this subject but its not quite dead yet unfortunately. So Krunks items trashed by TK and in revenge he trashed TK's items? If thats fact sounds reasonable or was it that someone esle non relating to TK or their guild trashed his items and in pure anger Krunk looked for any reason to be a ****?
we have never trashed items

thats why we left our last guild because of how we were treated because of our guild tag(sux to cause there great people) now they dont even play

im starting to wish everyone would just trash there looted faction crap then nobody can complain because everyone treated the same

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I trashed Krunk's items because he ducked in his house to give me a suicide count rather than fight after trying to bola mare my red guild mate. If he took that out on others, I am sorry but imo the time he will spend collecting silver for his items is commiserate to the time I will spend burning the count.

X

Xulgag

People will do unto others in times of vunerability. So, we should not reward poor behavior by attracting attention to it.

S

Salaw

BooHoo...Somebody's Faction "Trammel Toys" got trashed...

Get Over It !!!

:talktothehand:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what Mo'gluk said was reasonable... if Gil wants to give this guy a 2nd chance, that's their perogative.

If he re-engages in asshat ways and Gil does nothing about it and/or does the same thing they did in this case... again... well, then ya

If he truly wants to be a ****** bag... (his choice,) he should know not to do it in a guild that has spent years building a reputation of the opposite.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BooHoo...Somebody's Faction "Trammel Toys" got trashed...

Get Over It !!!

QFT

It's funny that people who in other threads talk about how easy it is to farm gold whine like little kids when it's their turn to farm.

C

Calibretto

Maybe it's time for the rest of the shard to grief GIL, until they see the error of their choice to re-guild this player...la
You say grief GIL. Whats any different from that now? You raid our spawns, raid us in doom, hide in our vendor house and kill our crafters.

Does this bother us? No I play for adventure to have fun. To be nervous everywhere I go not sure who's gonna pop out or come thru the next gate.

But don't act like your all tough Rico and put us thru anything we already don't go thru.

C

Calibretto

I think what Mo'gluk said was reasonable... if Gil wants to give this guy a 2nd chance, that's their perogative.

If he re-engages in asshat ways and Gil does nothing about it and/or does the same thing they did in this case... again... well, then ya

If he truly wants to be a ****** bag... (his choice,) he should know not to do it in a guild that has spent years building a reputation of the opposite.

Calypso is aloud to do what he wants with the items he loots. If he wants to trash said items. He can trash said items. I'm not about to tell the guy what he can and can't do with the items he LOOTS. As far as buying them off a vendor to grief someone, well we frown upon that. I do believe TK"s silver was replaced. And i myself got Krunk back into GIL.

So yeah he might put your items in the trash after he kills you he might not, that's his choice.

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The funny thing is , The Guy "Krunk" is already back
to his asshatery ways. WTF is happening. The Evils has turned good
and The so called Rightious Good have Turned Evil...

I already knew this from back in the days of HHSF2 that these
guys were nothing more then a slightly under the radar version of KOC...la

S

Salaw

The funny thing is , The Guy "Krunk" is already back
to his asshatery ways. WTF is happening. The Evils has turned good
and The so called Rightious Good have Turned Evil...

I already knew this from back in the days of HHSF2 that these
guys were nothing more then a slightly under the radar version of KOC...la

So says the guys that booted from GIL...:coco:

D

Death of Hemp

Well, I know I had fun. You guys sure had fun with us in spirituality later that night and got my stuff and Forsaken's stuff off his tamer. We both lost items, and you guys trashed them. I don't care about the gear as much, I have backup waiting for occasions like that.

I was just more excited about fighting numbers =)

If you are who I think you are, it's no wonder I like most of your opinions and respect the way you carry yourself here and in game. Welcome back!