• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Tailsman

C

catship

are they still working
i put one on my smith and got no skill gain off it ??

G

Gelf

talisman's increase success chance and/or exceptional chance, they dont actually increase skill though

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your base chance to make a blacksmithing item is 0.2% per 0.1 skill beyond the point where it claims you can start making them.

Your chance to make an item exceptional, for skill under 95, is chance to make normally -60% (without a talisman, but does include ASH).
At 100+ the exceptional chance is normal chance - 45%.
Between 95 & 100, as an artifact of the pre-powerscroll system, the exceptional chance gets an additional +0.3% per 0.1 skill gained between the two points (creating the difference between the under 95 and over 100 amounts).

Adding a talisman:

A Talisman WILL NOT give you a chance to make something normally, if your unmodified normal chance is 0%

A Talisman's normal Crafting Bonus DOES NOT MODIFY the Exceptional chance.

A Talisman's Exceptional Bonus does add to the number for the exceptional bonus, even if the exceptional chance would normally be negative. As a result, at 55% normal chance (where you would be -5% chance of success), a talisman with an 18% exceptional bonus will give you a 13% chance to make exceptional.

C

catship

Your base chance to make a blacksmithing item is 0.2% per 0.1 skill beyond the point where it claims you can start making them.

Your chance to make an item exceptional, for skill under 95, is chance to make normally -60% (without a talisman, but does include ASH).
At 100+ the exceptional chance is normal chance - 45%.
Between 95 & 100, as an artifact of the pre-powerscroll system, the exceptional chance gets an additional +0.3% per 0.1 skill gained between the two points (creating the difference between the under 95 and over 100 amounts).

Adding a talisman:

A Talisman WILL NOT give you a chance to make something normally, if your unmodified normal chance is 0%

A Talisman's normal Crafting Bonus DOES NOT MODIFY the Exceptional chance.

A Talisman's Exceptional Bonus does add to the number for the exceptional bonus, even if the exceptional chance would normally be negative. As a result, at 55% normal chance (where you would be -5% chance of success), a talisman with an 18% exceptional bonus will give you a 13% chance to make exceptional.
i know all this, i put the tailsman on and my chance of success to make don't change

G

Gelf

i know all this, i put the tailsman on and my chance of success to make don't change
Are u using the correct talisman? for example: the carpentry one does not work for masonry(stone crafting), even though masonry is considered an off shoot of carpentry

if so, perhaps u could post ur skill level, tali type and chances , and what item u r trying to make(and chances to make).