• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tag Team PvP Tournament, December 16, Sponsored by N^T

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[NEWS] Tag Team PvP Tournament, December 16, Sponsored by N^T

Announcing
Newbie’s in Training (N^T)​

'Tag Team Tournament'
Wednesday, December 16th, at 7pm shard time (PST)
This tournament will be free to all who attend –
Come show off your skills and have some fun!!​

3rd place – 6 million gold
2nd place - 10 million gold​

GRAND PRIZE – 20 million gold

Gates will be available from Luna about 45 minutes before the event starts.​

Please remember this contest is on the Felucca facet, and not everyone can be completely controlled. If you are coming, either to participate or as a spectator, please do not bring anything that you may not want to lose. We strongly suggest insuring any non-blessed items and clearing your backpack of any unnecessary items.

What better way for some noobs to learn how to pvp then to watch the best on the shard show their stuff in the ring? And we are paying very well for the lesson indeed…

This tournament will be a tag team PvP event. Teams of two will be competing agents each other to see which team stands above all the others. Contestants will be responsible for choosing their own teams, choose wisely you may not change teams after the event begins.

Two teams will enter the ring and choose which member of their team will go first, the same member does not have to go first each round. The members that are not starting will stand outside the ring until they are tagged in. They will be tagged in if the first member of the team is killed. The dead team members must stay dead until the end of the fight. The first team with both members dead will be eliminated from the event. Each team will be matched up randomly for each round until there is one team remaining to claim the grand prize.

We look forward to seeing you all there!!!

Event Rules:

1) Aside from the 2 combatants in the ring, there is to be no fighting in the house. If you wish to spar or "warm up", you may do so outside. Anyone in the house attacking others will not only get themselves but their entire guild kicked out of the tournament and banned from the house.

2) Pre-casting is not allowed. If you wish to use buffs such as bless, or a necro or animal form, you must wait until the wall falls.

3) Looting your opponent will be grounds for immediate disqualification from the tournament.

4) The tournament is meant to be fun. We ask that you help it stay that way by not reporting murders unless asked by your opponent. If you ignore this, and your reporting results in a blue turning red against their wishes, you will be disqualified and your opponent will automatically win the match.

5) There are to be no mounts or other pets on the arena level of the house. There is plenty of room on the lower floor for pets. If you or one of your pets is caught attacking someone else's pet, you will be removed from the house and disqualified from the tournament if applicable.

6) Mild trash talking is to be expected, but if we feel it's getting out of hand we will give you one and only one warning. Ignore that warning and you forfeit your place in the tournament, you will also be banned from the house.

7) This is a one-on-one tournament. No pets, summons, or other followers will be allowed. This includes Necro Familiars and Mirror Images.

8) Any form of cheating or exploits is strictly prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification, as well as banning from this and any future N^T PvP tournaments or events.

9) In this tournament all items will be allowed. Therefore I will not need to snoop backpacks at any point during this event. You MAY use petals, trap boxes, apples, or any other type of enhancing item.

10) You MAY use Fields of any kind

These rules are just basic guidelines. We reserve the right to disqualify or eject anyone from the arena for any form of nuisance, at our discretion.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mirror images are a form of defence for ninjas. They should be aloud. They do not attack and at best for offensive use stam block an opponent.

V

Village Idiot

In all my pvp tournaments this is the first time someone has said anything about the mirror image rule. If i get enough people that would be in support of removing the rule i will be very happy to remove it. I have been doing pvp tournaments for a long time with very much success so i like to hear what everyone has to say on maters before i change rules. This is nothing agents you but there is always a rule someone doesn't find fair.

I hope to see you all there and may the best team win.

The newbies are again giving away more of their gold......

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight its not 2v2? its basically 1v1... if its 1v1 that is pointless.... all that is going to happen is so no talent noob archer with 100 di and 45 dci will hit mortal.. conc. conc.. mortal. conc.. and thats it... STUPID.. why not have it be straqight 2v2? where peopel have to use teamwork skill as well as combative skill? But oh well what Did I expect from a tourney run by trammies.... Damn. would have been fun 2v2.

I have to repost this... Some moderator put it in the pvp thread.... They must not pay attenion.. seeing as it is a question about a player run event... Better move the whole Thread here to the PVP thread.

V

Village Idiot

I have never seen a tag team match that was 2v2. the point is if the first guy isn't good enough then his team mat jumps in and takes over.
I have done just about every kind of pvp tournament there is so don't worry there will be 1v1s and 2v2s and we have even done 3v3s.
As always these events are free to enter or to not enter with very large amounts of gold being given out of my bank box. Not sure why anyone would be scared of going 1v1 if they are true pvpers but that is your call weather or not you enter.

C

Capt.E

take it easy haz. He said 2v2 was coming, just not right now. You could start a tournament? It's his gold so his rules. One of those it's my party type things.

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give a lot of credit to whoever is attempting to put this tournament together. It is always difficult to appease everyone but it seems like they have put serious effort into making this a fun event for all PvPers.

I cannot see the harm in allowing mirror images as they are a defensive spell. I dislike when people use them against me (I'm a PvP newb) but it's a tactic that I think has merit? Just a thought...

As for the complaints about allowing a partner to tag in... One possible option is to limit the number of tag-ins per team? What if each team were limited to 3 tag-ins only? That way it might add a bit of strategy to when they tag in and out. Just a thought...

Regardless, I think this event is a wonderful idea and hope its a smashing success! :thumbup: :party:

V

Village Idiot

We would have to limit the number of teams entering if we had more then one tag in other wise the event would take hours to finish.

I used to run a different pvp tournament every other month for a long time and run a trammy type event on the off month...... So I am used to people complaining. there is always at least one person that will have a problem with at least one or more things and get very verbal about it. again the answer is always the same. we do these things on a live and learn base. this is my first time running a tag team event, we may find many things that need changed. that just means the next one will be even better. Sara has been to every one of my events i think, so she can tell you that they all turn out to be fun and exciting.

*trys to count how much gold has been given out to taslin* OH I don't even wanna think about it haha

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We would have to limit the number of teams entering if we had more then one tag in other wise the event would take hours to finish.

I used to run a different pvp tournament every other month for a long time and run a trammy type event on the off month...... So I am used to people complaining. there is always at least one person that will have a problem with at least one or more things and get very verbal about it. again the answer is always the same. we do these things on a live and learn base. this is my first time running a tag team event, we may find many things that need changed. that just means the next one will be even better. Sara has been to every one of my events i think, so she can tell you that they all turn out to be fun and exciting.

*trys to count how much gold has been given out to taslin* OH I don't even wanna think about it haha
She's correct, I have been to every event she has offered on Baja AND on other shards. Every event has been a great success due in part to the amount of time and effort she puts into doing something a bit different each time. And due in part to the large prize amounts (which come from her own bank box).

One thing about these tournaments and other events ... If one doesn't suit you, the next one might!

V

Village Idiot

I will modify the rule and let people use mirror images but at the same time i will also have to let necro summons be aloud as well. still a no on mage summons though.

C

Capt.E

How about pixies? They barely do any damage :p. I use Orc brutes for stam blocking as well. They should definetly be allowed.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering if there has been an updated rules list or not? cause there was talk that they 'may' change

V

Village Idiot

Yes i said i will let mirror images and necro summons other then revs. other then that no summons like pixies and mage summons.

V

Village Idiot

Torches have been placed to lead the way to the pvp event house from the trinsic fel gate for reds or people that do not wish to get a gate at luna bank.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Competitors and spectators waiting for the tournament to begin

Honey Bee [N^T] had those competing to come inside the dueling area, and using a channel in the new global chat system explained the rules.

First match:
Asimov and Proserpina
vs
Invictus and Young Dro (won match, advanced)

When Asimov fell to Young Dro, Proserpina then stepped into the ring to fight.

Match Two:
Mere and Wicked Threats
vs
Sir Guildies and Walt (won match, advanced)

Wicked Threats fell to Sir Guildies, and team mate Mere stepped in.

Sir Guildies fell to Mere, and team mate Walt stepped in.

Duel for 3rd Place
Proserpina and Asimov
vs
Mere (3rd Place Winner)
(Wicked Threats had to leave)

Match for 1st and 2nd place
Sir Guildies and Walt
vs
Young Dro and Invictus
First into the ring were Sir Guildies and Young Dro

(Due to these two teams being closely matched and having a lot of PvP experience, this was a long match. My favorite quote of the match was when Bandit exclaimed, 'I don't last this long during sex!!!!!!)
(My second favorite quote was Bandit saying, 'It's guys like this who used to steal my lunch money.')

When Sir Guildies fell to Young Dro, he commented 'Good fight, mate.', and his team mate Walt stepped into the ring:

First Place Young Dro and Invictus, 20-million gold grand prize

Second Place: Walt and Sir Guildies, 10-million gold prize
Third Place: Mere and Wicked Threats, 6-million gold prize

Congratulations to all the winners!

Thank you, N^T, for sponsoring another well-ran PvP event! I can't wait to see what you offer next.

I would like to commend Asimov and Proserpina for entering and competing in the tournament. Even though they have very little PvP experience, they showed us their spirit by trying.

I apologize for this being taking me so long to complete. With the holidays, then January hitting, I'm WAY behind on UO. I've been completing end-of-month, end-of-quarter and end-of-year reports for the companies I work for, and the places that furnish me paychecks take precedence over UO and Stratics.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok! Ok! Do we really need a zillion pictures of my corpse all over the place? *giggles*

Maybe next time I'll live more that .00000001 of a second. This was fun though and those guys were amazing!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok! Ok! Do we really need a zillion pictures of my corpse all over the place? *giggles*

Maybe next time I'll live more that .00000001 of a second. This was fun though and those guys were amazing!
ok ok what did you learn :mf_prop: lol
i want to go to the next one to learn !

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, I learned that before I could get one spell off I was dead? LOL
for us who were not there, was it a dexer or a necro/mage that you fought? holy cow one spell ? goodness did a dexer interrupt like crazy? they prolly had a high hit chance % too. thank you for the book recently, love ya P !