• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tactics Against Speedhackers

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I am noticing there is quite an influx of people talking about how rampant speedhacking is in PvP. I was unaware of it, until today, when I actually tried it, and got flamed quite badly. Due to this, I'm posting tactics that have always worked against Speedhackers for me. On different templates.

Necro/Mage:

1. Spam weaken until he runs off for an explosion, and cast strangle.
2. My favorite PvP combo:

Curse. Corpse Skin. Evil Omen. Paralyze. (fields if they are a dexxer) Explosion. Flamestrike. Painspike.
MINIMUM 3/4 health gone.

Bushido Character:

1. When you see them running at you, whether mage or dexxer, hit Evasion macro.
2. Keep lightning strike up at all times, and conserve mana for a finishing blow.

DP dexxer:

1. This is the best. Keep DP up at ALL times. I don't care who they are, they are gonna be hurting from DP ticks. Bleed works also.
2. Always have AI on when they reach 1/4th health.

Archer:
1. Archers are severly underpowered unless ganking anyway.

I

imported_SUNCHICKEN

<blockquote><hr>

Archer:
1. Archers are severly underpowered unless ganking anyway. <blockquote><hr>

HAHAHAHFOFLMAOheheh
I hope your kidding

Everyone at my work place says thank you because i just spewed sweet tea out my nose all over everything

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An archer can hit once every 3 seconds or so with 150 dex unless using a repeater or magic shortbow. They are not hard to kill at all man. Make one on test, I'll duel it and prove it to you.

I

imported_SUNCHICKEN

Xbow 50lighting 48 lwrd defence 40 ssi balanced
Shoots as fast as i cast gheal hits for half life
Heavy xbows running shot 4 mana??

This is my defintion of overpowered.

I

imported_Splup

I find all these "uber combos" very funny. Casting big spells like explo FS to kill someone in 1v1.. Yes if the other one has no clue what he is doing?

Second of all what those have to do with speedhack?

If you want to fight against speedhack: Dismount urself ---&gt; bola ---&gt;Use petball to get new mount ---&gt; Kill ur opponent

If he has ninjitsu thats just sad.

D

Death Adder

<blockquote><hr>

An archer can hit once every 3 seconds or so with 150 dex unless using a repeater or magic shortbow. They are not hard to kill at all man. Make one on test, I'll duel it and prove it to you.

[/ QUOTE ]An archer with 180 stam can fire a 40 SSI x-bow every 2 seconds and a 40 SSI (or even 30 SSI) composite bow every 1.75 seconds. 2 Concussions from a x-bow can, in the space of 2 seconds, hit for around 90 damage (as an opening attack, can get even higher in mid-battle), not counting any Hit Spell effects. In between shots, most Archers will be hitting you with something else, like Pain Spike or Shurikens. If you get low and try to run, most Archers will be right behind you with a Moving Shot weapon.

A test duel sounds like it might be fun, though.

D

Death Adder

As for the original topic, I kill speedhackers the same way I kill anyone else, it's just a little harder. Speedhacking seems to be most effective in getting distance from an attack or following someone, but whenever a speedhacker launches offense they have to be on the same screen, which means I can hit them (playing an archer ninja as my main). If they run, they might run faster than me but they usually must stop for a moment to deal with the DP or damage I've inflicted on them (i.e. they stop to Cure or Heal), which gives me a chance to finish them with Moving Shot if they fail to get ENOUGH distance between us.