• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T Hunting changes

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive been wondering a few things
- I don't understand why the devs are combining the levels of some maps, can anyone help me understand why and how this will be better, not just a waste of time.
- not needing mining but having to have remove trap is fine. just wondering if I will be insta killed by high level traps/maps if I fail to remove and have to have another account/char there for a rez lol.
- I don't like the idea for there being wood, ingots and leather in the chests, there are enough resources around already. I also don't feel ps are needed in chests. I think pinks and blue scrolls are good enough.
- loot in the chests/monsters seems to have been nerfed, more than once. the 12, 14 or more mods pieces with high resists don't seem to be accessible anymore. this has happen many times where they make something too good/powerful then nerf it, or they give out like candy and in a few months is semi worthless to do.
- there are too many unknowns right now to worry. these are just my opinions and they mean nothing
The wood and leather are very heavy. Don't mind the ingots as loot.

Have done 41 maps on TC so far (22 of them in Felucca) and have only had 1 that gave a treasure map as loot. None of the 10 artisan chests dug up have given recipe scrolls. Haven't gotten any imbuing or ML ingredients from any of the stash chests that should have them. Most of the chests that should give the artifacts have not. Out of 24 stash chests that could have had SoTs, only one had one. Out of the 17 supply chests that could have had SoAs, only 4 have had one. Out of 9 chests that could have had a utility item, only 1 had one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sorry your logic is flawed I know folk who go to the Underworld all the time... gathering stealables, doing the small champs, trying to get tinkerers legs... and most importantly checking the stuff in the cavern of the discarded...

I don't do most that stuff anymore because I have little to no space for more crap... sadly the update to the turn ins doesn't sound like it will be with the time, effort or dragging dropping to make it worth my while to throw out 90% of the crap I've been packing over the years waiting for this update... the reward for turning them in is so pitiful that I honestly am insulted that I waited this long to hold on to this stuff just to be given a slap in the face over it... and I myself put in hours of work going through my hordes to make lists for them so they wouldn't have to work so hard to do it.... and for that work I'm rewarded with values so small it's a joke...

I'm disgusted seriously... It's not worth turning it it's worth more keeping for the poor returning players who didn't get the opportunity to get the one of a kind one time only items... One time only rewards that are no longer available and not going to be coming around again should be worth FAR more points... 10 to 50 points for something that will never come back again is IMO an insult...

Roof drops being worth next to nothing when it takes hours to complete a trip to the roof... most of us do NOT solo this... and getting a drop 1 in 10 trips and it's worth nearly nothing to turn in???

The Artisan festival rewards there were several shards that never even got a single full tree... The amount of work and number of bods to get a tree to full was enormous... the materials alone were worth 10x more than the reward you get for turning in the reward... that's pathetic IMO... and again insulting to those who put in the effort to raise the trees up...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • PS up to 115 may be in some of the high level Fel chests. (though we're trying to persuade Kyronix to consider putting 105s and 110s in on the other facets).
Only way i'd be in support of this is if they weren't bindable.
Now more players will find that they need to do 100 instances to get a 115 scroll. Just like getting a useful 120 at a spawn.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, trying to compare the number of people at a spawn being raided in Fel, to activity elsewhere, is like claiming that the only time you see firemen is when there's a fire, and that they don't exist when there's not one. IF you purposely skew your sample, you can make the data say the sky is paisley with purple polka dots.

I routinely go with a group to do Medusa, with 5-8 people. Underworld, checked.
I typically see more people in NEW HAVEN, than I do anywhere in Fel, unless I stumble onto an active spawn past 10 candles. Trammel checked.
We've had trouble sailing in Tokuno lately where we get to fighting a Plunderbeacon to find someone else is hitting it from the other side. And, we were doing pirates several times a week for the last year. Tokuno checked.
Ilshenar, you might have a point, but most of it has been from the damage done since the start of the return of Blackthorn arc. A lot of us used to train and farm in central ilshenar, Exodus got ruined, etc. Though, some of us still do Ilshenar champs, and I even mine there looking for paragon ore elementals from garg picks.
I'm trying to show the life cycle, breaking the cycle, and you get another tokuno, where no-one really goes, because there is nothing worth doing there. the cycle in this case has a lot harder impact than the one where our clueless devs threw essence in T-chest for no reason at all. This time the impact can and will result in people canceling their accounts.
If you sum up the things "worth" doing in UO, that list becomes very small.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks - I couldn't remember the exact order of the 110s so made it increasing. Still doesn't change the base numbers much for the higher PS binding.

People complaining about "the threat to champs from binding non-champ-acquired scrolls" sound, to me as a math major, like the people complaining about "X item has Substance A in it and needs to be banned for health reasons", then you look at the math, and realize someone would have to eat 100 kilos (220 lbs) of the offending food EVERY DAY to approach the top end of the trace substance, and toxicity would require a ton.

You know, like the case where the woman was accused of poisoning her children with antifreeze, when it was actually a genetic defect that caused their bodies to improperly metabolize a common food, with the results resembling a byproduct of digesting antifreeze. The prosecution was adamant, despite that the woman was searched before being with her children in a supervised visit, but to get the metabolites the tests were showing, she would have had to have force fed them twice their weight in antifreeze to get that result - in an hour.
Antifreeze is pretty toxic, takes few cc's to kill, about 50-100 cc's is deadly for an adult, and kills in a horrific way..The survivors usually have severe brain damage, and usually no kidneys, and badly damaged liver and likely will need dialysis for life. So no twice their weight in antifreeze. Is there a reference to this case? Listed somewhere? Would be interesting to look this up as a genetic metabolic error.. Thanks for info.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry your logic is flawed I know folk who go to the Underworld all the time... gathering stealables, doing the small champs, trying to get tinkerers legs... and most importantly checking the stuff in the cavern of the discarded...

I don't do most that stuff anymore because I have little to no space for more crap... sadly the update to the turn ins doesn't sound like it will be with the time, effort or dragging dropping to make it worth my while to throw out 90% of the crap I've been packing over the years waiting for this update... the reward for turning them in is so pitiful that I honestly am insulted that I waited this long to hold on to this stuff just to be given a slap in the face over it... and I myself put in hours of work going through my hordes to make lists for them so they wouldn't have to work so hard to do it.... and for that work I'm rewarded with values so small it's a joke...

I'm disgusted seriously... It's not worth turning it it's worth more keeping for the poor returning players who didn't get the opportunity to get the one of a kind one time only items... One time only rewards that are no longer available and not going to be coming around again should be worth FAR more points... 10 to 50 points for something that will never come back again is IMO an insult...

Roof drops being worth next to nothing when it takes hours to complete a trip to the roof... most of us do NOT solo this... and getting a drop 1 in 10 trips and it's worth nearly nothing to turn in???

The Artisan festival rewards there were several shards that never even got a single full tree... The amount of work and number of bods to get a tree to full was enormous... the materials alone were worth 10x more than the reward you get for turning in the reward... that's pathetic IMO... and again insulting to those who put in the effort to raise the trees up...
My logic is right on point actually.
Tinker leggings are completely garbage, u want them for the 10SSI,rest of the mods are garbage, even resist on this item is garbage . U can get 5% SSI from town bonus, with 1 click a day, why waste months trying to get the item..its outdated like most content in UO. Or use a 10% ssi juwel.
Medusas loot is completely garbage, people try to get a slither and give up after they have done the champ 100 times.
Hunting for essence in underworld is a complete waste of time, compared to just do a level 6 map, it takes roughly 8min, and u get 6 random essence,some gold and loot.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Kaio and to get that lvl 6 map? If you do a underworld spawn you know what essence you will get and in 20 mins you get around 5-10 of what you want instead of a random 6 for the same time invested.

Forge002

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No matter how many maps i try i keep getting the message "you are already digging" when im in the area marked on map, i have tried 4 maps now and keep getting this, anyone else having this issue?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone please be reminded that the changes are not set in stone yet. Things are different now for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. What you see on TC1 isnt what you get when they go Live. So there is no point in getting mad or crying about things that may change as the patch come closer to prodo shards.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone please be reminded that the changes are not set in stone yet. Things are different now for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. What you see on TC1 isnt what you get when they go Live. So there is no point in getting mad or crying about things that may change as the patch come closer to prodo shards.
I see no evidence that Remove Trap is not going to be needed. It is in stage 2.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some statistics I posted a few minutes ago on the official forum, in case anyone's interested. I've completed 76 maps so far on TC (52 stash, 23 supply, 1 cache, with about 1/3 done in Fel). My treasure hunter has 600 luck on her suit, if it matters for when the chest is raised. (I looted some of the chests with a tamer who has 1380 luck, but there's been no information so far to indicate that luck counts for anything when you open the chest.) Out of those 76 maps, there were 25 chests that were created but could not be raised because something was in the way and so a new chest had to be created. I have no idea how many of those chests that couldn't be looted might have had better contents than what I actually got.

Only 4 treasure maps have been received as loot (5.26% of the possibles).

Out of 47 non-Ranger "Stash" chests, only 24 had any kind of "ingredient" for crafting or casting (51% of the possibles). These ingredients have included 7 magery reagent bags, 2 necro reagent bags, 11 crates with 6 refinement components in each, 50 bloodwood boards, 100 heartwood boards, 200 frostwood boards, 100 verite ingots, 50 valorite ingots, 100 agapite ingots, 400 barbed leather, 2 blight, 2 scourge, 1 corruption, 1 dreadhorn mane, 3 pristine dread horns. The ML ingredients only seem to come from Malas "Stash" chests; however, I have not done any Tokuno, Ter Mur, Ilshenar, or Eodon stash chests yet. Have not seen any refinement ingredients so far. The reagent bags have 60 of each reagent. The ingot, board, and leather quantities seem to be 50 for "Stash" chests and 100 for "Supply" chests. (You don't get them on any other level of chests.)

Out of 5 "Supply" and "Cache" chests from the Artisan package, only 1 had a recipe (20% of the possibles).

Out of 23 "Supply" chests, only 4 had artifacts (3 surge shields, one runed sash of warding). That comes out to a 17% chance so far.

SoTs: 1 out of 52 chests (1.9% of the possibles). SoAs: 5 out of 23 (21.3% of the possibles).

Out of 13 "Supply" chests from the Artisan, Assassin, and Ranger packages, only 1 had a utility item (7.7%). That one utility item was a shield engraving tool from an Artisan map.

Gold average so far for the "Stash" chests seems to be about 25K and about 35K for the "Supply" chests. Have only done one "Cache" chest so far and it had about 53K gold in it. I'm happy with the gold amounts.

I've only done one "Cache" map so far, and that was kind of by accident because I thought I was pulling out a "Stash" map and must have gotten distracted. It was in Ilshenar but luckily for my wimpy t-hunter, there were no paragons and she was able to kill the spawn with EVs. There were 4 randomly generated pieces of equipment, two of which were spell channeling wands with ~25 magery penalty on them. The two armor pieces were okay and maybe I'd use them, but they weren't outstanding. There was also one of the new hourglass deco pieces. It's nice art, but it's not interactive in any way. (You can't turn it, but you can raise it.)
gem bags and hourglass.png

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no evidence that Remove Trap is not going to be needed. It is in stage 2.
Where did you get that they're in stage 2? The discussion is still phase 1, and all they've done is a couple small updates to make it easier to focus on loot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where did you get that they're in stage 2? The discussion is still phase 1, and all they've done is a couple small updates to make it easier to focus on loot.
Because they fixed some bugs and there was a small patch. The RT is still there but the digging bug is gone.

I wish someone would post the loot in the high chests. This was supposed to be a loot upgrade not a let's add requirements to T hunting and call gems and wood a loot upgrade.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No matter how many maps i try i keep getting the message "you are already digging" when im in the area marked on map, i have tried 4 maps now and keep getting this, anyone else having this issue?
Yes, I had that problem - after starting digging, then hitting the fly macro, then casting RC and precasting invis while digging. Kyronix posted on the uo forum that the problem has been resolved but I had to delete my character on TC and transfer him again, and now it's working for me. Not sure why you would still be getting that message if it's supposedly been resolved. Maybe you did some other action they had not anticipated. I'd advise posting in the uoc.om forum under "Customer Service" (bottom of the menu) - Test Center - that's where the thread on problems is.

Last edited:

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because they fixed some bugs and there was a small patch. The RT is still there but the digging bug is gone.

I wish someone would post the loot in the high chests. This was supposed to be a loot upgrade not a let's add requirements to T hunting and call gems and wood a loot upgrade.
So then... part two of phase one where they haven't even started to do any testing at all with RT and you're convinced they're keeping it because they're not even touching it yet...?

I haven't really done any high level chests because it's a long weekend and I haven't had more than consecutive five minutes to sit down yet. I'm also not that great at judging what is and isn't good in regards to equipment. It's too confusing for me anymore. But I am keeping tabs on how often I get scrolls and other items in the chests.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Pawain here. From every communication I have read from Kyronix on the official forums, it's clear that remove trap will become a requirement to open a chest.

I can't post anything about the trove chests so far because I haven't seen a trove map.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't find it clear at all. It's not being tested at all yet. It's not even turned on right now. They're working on the loot, not chest mechanics. I've heard a lot of *if* but no guarantees.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

These are the two pieces of armor I got from a Mage Cache chest dug up in Ilshenar. The other two pieces of loot were spell channeling mage wands, one with -23 magery and the other with -26 magery. Treasure hunter has 600 luck on her suit.
loot 1 fortified leather shorts.png loot 1 mystic leaf gorget.png

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kaio and to get that lvl 6 map? If you do a underworld spawn you know what essence you will get and in 20 mins you get around 5-10 of what you want instead of a random 6 for the same time invested.
You're completely missing the point. People chain T-maps like there was no tomorrow, most do it for the chance to get high end loot, from the higher levels. As a side effect they get free essence they flood the marked with.
Demand on essence has decreased after the global revamp of loot, prices has dropped a lot, usefullness of arties dropped in underworld is nullified (Except slither).
And even slither has had a huge decrease in price due to the intro of khalan mask or whatever its called.
But yes to answer your'e question, if you don't value your'e time in UO, underworld is worth it, it will take you roughly 20 years of hunting there to get that keep for 2 plat on atlantic you always wanted.(to set things in perspective)
Maps are fairly easy to get kill maisma or buy them for around 60k on VS (except fel map thou)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These are the two pieces of armor I got from a Mage Cache chest dug up in Ilshenar. The other two pieces of loot were spell channeling mage wands, one with -23 magery and the other with -26 magery. Treasure hunter has 600 luck on her suit.
View attachment 96926 View attachment 96927
Those are fine for the Cache level. The Horde should have 1 legendary and the trove have 2 for a minimum in Tram. Then as the party size increases or move to fel the number should increase.

Just because it is a legendary does not mean it is good. There are so many properties that can fall the chances of getting the right ones on the same piece is slim. And for dex you want it on Studded, bone, or hide.

I keep lots of junk.

This is my random stash of legendary items. I have a Dexxer chest full and 2 mage chests full that are not good enough to use but I can easily toss together a NOOB suit in all legendary pieces that works until you find better.

Just because it is legendary does not mean it is useful.

upload_2019-4-20_13-32-9.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
View attachment 96926 View attachment 96927
Lets see what's wrong with these two items... first one... Nice resists ok LMC would work save the fact that it has ZERO MR... Therefore garbage... Might be that "one off" piece that you use because you really, really need resists... but not likely...

Second one... first it's antique... so garbage right there... but say you wanted it on your mage for whatever reason 4 MR maybe... the resists suck, the LMC is low... and if you aren't an elf you can't wear it... again IMO garbage... it's not at all good for a dexer... it's antique you might get an hour or so use from it before you have to repair it and it is limited... You'd spend most your time getting repairs again poor resists.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@MalagAste how is 10 LMC low, I've never seen a piece of armor with higher than 10 LMC. What's missing is LRC so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
if this is what they plan on turning treasure maps into then they might as well just leave them alone. You get much better loot on production shards and most of it is still junk but its still 100x better than the loot in chests on tc1. Ive found all the troves to be soloable except the Edon maps because the T rex just sucks complete ass.... and after doing 10 or so troves the only thing ive managed to bring up was rusty chests, the loot inside them isn't even worth looking at.....I logged in 5 other toons to see if party made a difference on the loot and it dosent seem to. completely puked with the whole damn thing.....common Dev's , yall can do better than this crap....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if this is what they plan on turning treasure maps into then they might as well just leave them alone. You get much better loot on production shards and most of it is still junk but its still 100x better than the loot in chests on tc1. Ive found all the troves to be soloable except the Edon maps because the T rex just sucks complete ass.... and after doing 10 or so troves the only thing ive managed to bring up was rusty chests, the loot inside them isn't even worth looking at.....I logged in 5 other toons to see if party made a difference on the loot and it dosent seem to. completely puked with the whole damn thing.....common Dev's , yall can do better than this crap....
Be specific about the loot and tell the Devs here: Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive found all the troves to be soloable except the Edon maps because the T rex just sucks complete ass....
One of the big problems with the T-Rex, is that he has no Slayer vulnerability. Not even Dinosaur Slayer works on him. I killed the quest T-Rex about 5 times the other day with multi-clienting 2 chars, my Disco/Tamer using a Chiv+AI Energy Drake and my Death Ray Tamer/Mage using a Disco+Conductive Blast Ki-Rin. Was getting 120-200 damage Death Ray ticks on T-Rex, didn't matter if i was using Dino Slayer spellbook or Balakai's Shaman Staff. That same Tamer/Mage does 380 damage Death Ray ticks to the Allosaurus with a Dino Slayer spellbook. Plus, the T-Rex likes to turn and Paralyze someone, and when he does that he has a chance to switch targets to them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste how is 10 LMC low, I've never seen a piece of armor with higher than 10 LMC. What's missing is LRC so maybe that's what you were thinking of.
Oh yeah that's what I was thinking but yes it's antique which means it's not good for a dexer who would like that 10 and the other stuff but it's also not a piece of armor with the passive bonus... and yeah... ok for a mage but you'd have to get resists and LRC somewhere else then... which again... not that great.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im surprised no one has complained that you cant start a new char with 50 remove trap skill... Let me be the first! If they are going to make us need this skill they could at least give us a head start with 50 points.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im surprised no one has complained that you cant start a new char with 50 remove trap skill... Let me be the first! If they are going to make us need this skill they could at least give us a head start with 50 points.
Kyronix has already stated that if remove trap becomes a requirement, it'll be reworked to be easier to train. You can't currently start a new character with the skill because it's currently linked to detect hidden. Which it will also be divorced from.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are screen shots of some more randomly generated equipment. Both sets of images came from metal Cache-level chests with the Artisan theme. The treasure hunter that dug up the chests has 600 luck; the tamer she was partied with and that looted them has 980 luck.

CHEST 1 (6 items)
loot 2 flower garland.png loot 2 animated battle axe.png loot 2 dual short axes.png loot 2 vicious pickaxe.png loot 2 arcane bracelet 1.png loot 2 arcane bracelet 2.png

CHEST 2 (7 items)
loot 3 fortified skullcap.png loot 3 invigorating wide brim hat.png loot 3 mystic bonnet.png loot 3 mystic straw hat.png loot 3 animated double axe.png loot 3 invigorating pickaxe.png loot 3 arcane bracelet.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Kyronix has already stated that if remove trap becomes a requirement, it'll be reworked to be easier to train. You can't currently start a new character with the skill because it's currently linked to detect hidden. Which it will also be divorced from.
This is good news! So you will need LP and Carto PLUS Remove trap on the player at the dig time for T-hunting? (300 points?)
OR you will NOT need LP at all? Will they make it so that Carto will replace LP?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tina Small
That looks normal for Cache level. It is all either trash points or unravel.
The first Arcane Bracelet is really close to something that could be kept and imbued to make a keeper. (if Chiv were a mage related skill like Meditation)
I have never seen a bonnet or garland with stats before.

I would only expect the top 2 chest levels to have any armor or weapons that could be useful. Anything below would be like a high end paragon chest.

Unfortunately it seems many are impressed with the stacks of Gems and rare wood so I have no expectation that the armor or weapons found in the new chests will actually be upgraded. I was hoping for a few pieces legendary armor to be guaranteed in the 2 top chests. Even if you had to dig in Fel.

Thanks for the pics. They are very informative.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are screen shots of some more randomly generated equipment. Both sets of images came from metal Cache-level chests with the Artisan theme. The treasure hunter that dug up the chests has 600 luck; the tamer she was partied with and that looted them has 980 luck.

CHEST 1 (6 items)
View attachment 96951 View attachment 96947 View attachment 96950 View attachment 96952 View attachment 96948 View attachment 96949

CHEST 2 (7 items)
View attachment 96955 View attachment 96957 View attachment 96958 View attachment 96959 View attachment 96953 View attachment 96956 View attachment 96954
Even for a casual player like me, nothing in these chests is useful. At least, a guaranteed drop of theme items, like scour refinements should be included.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tina Small
That looks normal for Cache level. It is all either trash points or unravel.
The first Arcane Bracelet is really close to something that could be kept and imbued to make a keeper. (if Chiv were a mage related skill like Meditation)
I have never seen a bonnet or garland with stats before.

I would only expect the top 2 chest levels to have any armor or weapons that could be useful. Anything below would be like a high end paragon chest.

Unfortunately it seems many are impressed with the stacks of Gems and rare wood so I have no expectation that the armor or weapons found in the new chests will actually be upgraded. I was hoping for a few pieces legendary armor to be guaranteed in the 2 top chests. Even if you had to dig in Fel.

Thanks for the pics. They are very informative.
I did three more cache-level chests, a barbarian and two more artisan (kind of focusing on the artisan cache ones to see if they'll have recipes). I put all the images on the 3rd tab (labeled "Randomly Generated Equipment"), along with the information about what kind of chest it was and the members in the party. The Google spreadsheet is at Publish 105 - Treasure Chest Loot .
I think I'm done with all this for the night. After doing 120 maps (mostly lower-end), my overall impression of the changes to the loot is not good, not good at all. You can get the ingots, wood, and leather from merchant/pirate ships. Have yet to get any chests with imbuing ingredients and the only chests that have had other types of crafting ingredients have been Stash chests in Malas for some/all? of the ML ingredients. SoTs rarely drop. SoAs seem to have started dropping more frequently this afternoon. Treasure maps as loot are almost nonexistent. Recipes as loot are almost nonexistent. The only "utility items" I've seen so far have been in the artisan chests and all have been shield engraving tools. Artifact loot is slightly more common than the t-map and recipe drops; however, most of them have been surge shields. I don't use those myself and have no idea if anyone else does. Deco items will probably be rare, haven't done enough of the cache and higher maps to really know yet (1 deco drop out of 6 possible chests).

So that leaves the randomly generated equipment. Out of 37 pieces from six cache chests (4 metal and 2 gold), there are maybe 2 pieces I might put on a crafter or a begger. Nothing else has had a good combination of useful properties and quite a few have negative properties (e.g., 50 stone weight or 125 strength requirement or cursed or antique).

I have a very strong, sneaking suspicion that MIBs are going to be changed to work like the treasure chests, with themes and chest quality and stuff that you want that rarely shows up.

I'm disappointed, to say the least. I hope things get better, but I have my doubts. I used red in the cells of the first page of the spreadsheet to show stuff that could have spawned in a chest but didn't. There's a whole lot of red on that page. I only took up treasure hunting a few years ago and still have t-hunters on a few shards where I play that aren't finished yet. Now I wonder if I will ever finish them, because these changes are not an incentive to go dig up chests. I'd probably stick to the first 3 levels because I know I would not be able to do anything any harder. Another thing that will change is that people who used treasure chest loot to train up imbuing will no longer be able to do so. Even if they can tackle the harder chests that have loot to unravel, there's so little of it that it won't be worth the time it takes to get it. I suspect the same will apply to fished-up chests too. So I pity anyone who will be training imbuing in the future by going out and getting their own loot to unravel. It'll be a slow, slow process getting junk loot in great quantities.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tina Small Please post results here and the SS. Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

He is looking for feedback like you are providing.

He made the chests correspond to different occupations. I was hoping the Ranger ones would have dex armor and a nice bow.

Seems like I am the only one saying the loot (armor and weapons) has not been upgraded. I am not going to skill up Remove Trap unless there is an incentive. So far the loot upgrade is lack luster. If a T Hunter has to learn a new skill there should be a reward.

Ya the MIBs turn into the categories when put into the Locker on TC.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is good news! So you will need LP and Carto PLUS Remove trap on the player at the dig time for T-hunting? (300 points?)
OR you will NOT need LP at all? Will they make it so that Carto will replace LP?
Lockpicking is going nowhere I'm sure, so if remove trap becomes necessary, you'll likely require all three to have the best chances. The only thing cartography has replaced is mining.

The reason remove trap and lockpicking are currently absent from TC is to allow players to focus on the loot in the chests without suffering any losses due to trap removal or lockpicking failures.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Lockpicking is going nowhere I'm sure, so if remove trap becomes necessary, you'll likely require all three to have the best chances. The only thing cartography has replaced is mining.

The reason remove trap and lockpicking are currently absent from TC is to allow players to focus on the loot in the chests without suffering any losses due to trap removal or lockpicking failures.
That would nean that 300 extra points will be a must, and that would cramp even more already cramped templates! Would be interesting how that would work. What a mess!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks for the write-up @Tina Small it just seems they've gone to a lot of trouble to make something that was pretty straight-forward ridiculously confusing, why all this changing of levels and names of chests?. I don't have a good feeling about all that I'm hearing on here and on the other forum. I keep hoping they will listen but it seems it's a lost cause, does anyone really think that Remove Trap won't be a requirement? What if you don't have a Carto Tali or a luck suit? At this stage I just don't see them changing direction, it might be a few tweaks but they already chose the path. I fully expect when June comes there will be no more t-hunting or SOS hunting for me and that will be the end of UO for me. :(

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So hey, if y'all are looking for feedback to post to the official forums and y' need inspiration, have a look at the 2019 Wish List.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the write-up @Tina Small it just seems they've gone to a lot of trouble to make something that was pretty straight-forward ridiculously confusing, why all this changing of levels and names of chests?. I don't have a good feeling about all that I'm hearing on here and on the other forum. I keep hoping they will listen but it seems it's a lost cause, does anyone really think that Remove Trap won't be a requirement? What if you don't have a Carto Tali or a luck suit? At this stage I just don't see them changing direction, it might be a few tweaks but they already chose the path. I fully expect when June comes there will be no more t-hunting or SOS hunting for me and that will be the end of UO for me. :(

Yeah. AFter seeing what happened when we asked for a loot upgrade, I hope the hell they don't ever again 'improve' anything ingame. Intentions are good, I know, but really...

All we hear is what an overworked dev team small team we have. And then they burn all this time on this, when simply turning up the existing loot a notch would have sufficed. I had a friend like that, who would take a piece of fuiniture, intending to repair a scratch in the finish, and end up refinishing the whole thing a diff color...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note, if you look at the spreadsheet I've posted about before, I'm in the process of reorganizing it so there's one sheet per theme. Arroth Thaiel posted a link to his spreadsheet on the official forum and has his organized that way. Makes it so much easier to see what should have been in the chests.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come on - they should know what they have programmed to spawn - if people are digging up dozens of chests and say it's junk, they should know what that means, for crying out loud
Sometimes I do not think he does know what is spawning. He seems a small chance of a Legendary is an upgrade and you will need to meet all the required skills and dig up the highest level chest for that chance.

I do not think he realizes how many Legendaries you have to throw away before you get a keeper. There are too many stats that can roll onto them and each stat has a value range.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not think he realizes how many Legendaries you have to throw away before you get a keeper. There are too many stats that can roll onto them and each stat has a value range.
Werd!

I've gotten excited when I pull artis, till I get to reading them. Skills and stats all mixed up, most of them are really really confused about what they wanna be when they grow up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Werd!

I've gotten excited when I pull artis, till I get to reading them. Skills and stats all mixed up, most of them are really really confused about what they wanna be when they grow up.
So, when he changed the chests to different classes, I thought we would get items that fit that class.
An opportunity to really allow us to get some good loot! I would jump through the hoops to get a shot at that.
Remove Trap, GM Carto with a 30 Talisman, Luck suit, High level gold chest, hunting in Fel, party with noobs that I toss the junk to.

I just wanted a bow that is better than what I can imbue.