• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T-hunter problems

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a t-hunter char far from many years. It was quite easy to find treasures. Now i've tryed to play with her but it's hard to find a treasure. Not hard, VERY hard, I am not be able to find any treasure :(
I use the old UoAutoMap that i found good but it is impossible to find any treasure with the new t-maps. Someone can help me? I've tryrd also with Uo Cartography but it's the same. No treasures
Tia :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people build runebook libraries just for t-maps.

Now they have maps in all areas of whatever shard... it can be a BIG collection of books. At least on Atlantic, the biggest library is near Tokuno's big city, Goodmans.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks EvilPixieWorks. I'm on Europa. Now i''go to find some libraries of t-maps :) TnakS!!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Davies is your best bet, they give you very close coordinates to the map and the places are now random so the chances of a rune library being more accurate are very low.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Davies is your best bet, they give you very close coordinates to the map and the places are now random so the chances of a rune library being more accurate are very low.
Rune Library’s for T-maps are a thing of the past. They no long work effectively and haven’t for years.

Davie’s locker is what u want. On Atlantic there are several public ones (Lioness Heart’s vendor shop Whispering Rose has one set for anyone to use) but I’m unfamiliar with ur shard, sorry.

As mentioned, some mining makes it a lot easier as well. Also, the maps look identical to the landscape in the EC so that client does have an advantage over the CC for t-mapping.

Good luck :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some people build runebook libraries just for t-maps.

Now they have maps in all areas of whatever shard... it can be a BIG collection of books. At least on Atlantic, the biggest library is near Tokuno's big city, Goodmans.
Those have gone the way of the DODO as all T-Maps are randomized locations.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. I use the Locker and go to the old rune library to get close the the coords.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rune libraries won't help you anymore.
Davies locker is the best solution. Put in a map and it will show you the coordinates. Then UO Automap or Cartographer will show you rather exactly where to start digging.

Davie’s locker is what u want. On Atlantic there are several public ones
Ooh, this is practical! Never thought about that! Perhaps I should offer one of mine as a service on Drachenfels.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa RAA new shop has the old t-map locations in their library . Good to get close to the area. Next to the books there is a public Davies Locker.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do tmaps all the time and I find it to be quite easy. I just open the map then compare it to the map in game then go to the location. It takes a few tries getting the placement right but it’s not so bad. Of course having mining helps a bit. Maybe it’s harder in CC (I use EC).

I can’t see how a rune library will help at all since the concept of fixed locations is no more.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
a rune library and the use of davies locker can help get u close if u look at the coordinates. ec has map built in but cc does not. I have mining to find easier, I use a tamer. gl

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. I've tryed to use davies locker and it gaves me the cootdinates. Not completly but very near to che chest. But there was another t-hunter and i gto away. But i've understood how to find the chests :)
Thanks to all :)

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have an old treasure hunting run library, but it's out of date. It'll get you close to maybe 50% of the locations.

I carry a rune library with me that's better, basically a 10x10 grid of every N-S-E-W combination that Davies will show, organized by facet.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just in case there are returning treasure hunters on Sonoma there is a Public Davies Locker at the Community Library just south of the Luna Moongate. THB (Sonoma Chapter) donated it to the library there to help folks with maps.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there was another t-hunter
If someone else is at "your spot", you can always return later, when that one's chest has disappeared. If the T-hunter is gone, and their chest is still there but empty, you can click the chest (once) and make it disappear too.
If you don't like a specific location once you've read your map, you can nonetheless hold on to that map. After a few weeks, the map will reset, you'll have to read it anew, and then perhaps have a better location to dig.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I use Davie's Locker to find the coordinates
once I find the location I will mark a rune and write cords on it, putting it in a book for the facet

Example: TRAM - SE 51-100
(the numbers are for the south direction)

makes it easier to find the location

====================================

to start my runebook collection
I actually went to the local library & went to the locations for tmaps
I marked the runes with the cords... that I got from using a sextant.
just starting with those locations, made a good start for my runebooks

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I use Davie's Locker to find the coordinates
once I find the location I will mark a rune and write cords on it, putting it in a book for the facet

Example: TRAM - SE 51-100
(the numbers are for the south direction)

makes it easier to find the location

====================================

to start my runebook collection
I actually went to the local library & went to the locations for tmaps
I marked the runes with the cords... that I got from using a sextant.
just starting with those locations, made a good start for my runebooks
I also get the Coors from the locker, then go and mark runes for the locations, normal with the coors and the Level of the map, 14S 34E L7.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the map into a davies locker it will give you the cords within 10 tiles then have some mining on your t-hunter and a sextant and go dig it up.
Correct. Best to have GM mining but if not - go with 81. I think thats a breakpoint for number of tiles around you it will find.

Also the davies locker gives coordinates. Then go to the 4 corners of those coordinates and mark the spot with a bag or something then methodically dig in the middle till you find it if you are having trouble.

Example - If its 110n 35e put a bag at (110n 00, 35 e oo) (110n 59, 35 e 00) (110 n 59, 35 e 59) (110 n 0, 35 e 59) It will be somewhere in the middle of that box.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am GM mining and using the Davie's Locker to find the coordinates it workis very well and now find treasure very fast. Thank to all :)