• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Synchronization Login Error Fix

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, for a number of months now, about 85% of my login attempts have failed, and resulted in this message.
Synchronization Error.PNG

I was having to open up 20+ instances of the UO client, and just paste in my password, and try to connect and hope it'd succeed. This would happen in both the CC and EC. I was also having problems connecting in other games (such as ESO, oftentimes losing connection to the lobby when changing areas that required a loading screen, Error 334). I tried just about everything to fix this. Making sure Universal Plug N Play was enabled on my router, enabling Port Triggering, updating firmware on router, running as Administrator, etc.

Finally found a fix for it (at least for me). It's as simple as enabling a VPN. By going through a VPN, i'm able to connect to UO and other online games 100% of the time now. Such a ridiculously easy fix for an incredibly frustrating problem that plagued me for months. Just thought i'd share this info in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
where do you live that the game servers would care if they let you in or not?
the International Space Station?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can you download pingplotter and see if you are getting jitter or packetloss towards the login servers or UO servers? (when you dont run the VPN)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had an issue one time at work where a computer was compromised on my network and my IP was flagged as malicious. There are companies out there that check the reputation of IPs one such company is Cyren. You can check the reputation of your IP here:

If you have a poor reputation, there is a good chance that one PC on your network is a zombie likely sending spam email. Once that issue is resolved, you can report a mistakenly blocked IP to them and they will remove you from the list. Alternatively, you can use a VPN or possibly request a new IP from your ISP. Some ISPs will give you a new IP no problem, some may not, but since almost all residential IPs are dynamic and have a lease time of 72 hours or less, you can just leave your modem unplugged for a few days. If the modem is unplugged when your lease runs out, you will automatically get a new IP. I definitely wouldn't ignore this issue, if your IP is compromised, one of your devices is likely compromised and that issue needs to be resolved immediately.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mine is Suspicious. :eyes:
I have no idea what metrics are used to score the reputation of an IP. If I had to guess, I would say that perhaps your IP was at one point considered bad, possibly before you had it. I can only attest to the time that this affected me which was maybe 2 years ago.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
where do you live that the game servers would care if they let you in or not?
the International Space Station?
Just slightly enough out of town that i need a rural ISP. Would love to be able to get high speed internet like Comcast (people love to complain about Comcast, but at least it's fast).

I had an issue one time at work where a computer was compromised on my network and my IP was flagged as malicious. There are companies out there that check the reputation of IPs one such company is Cyren. You can check the reputation of your IP here:

If you have a poor reputation, there is a good chance that one PC on your network is a zombie likely sending spam email. Once that issue is resolved, you can report a mistakenly blocked IP to them and they will remove you from the list. Alternatively, you can use a VPN or possibly request a new IP from your ISP. Some ISPs will give you a new IP no problem, some may not, but since almost all residential IPs are dynamic and have a lease time of 72 hours or less, you can just leave your modem unplugged for a few days. If the modem is unplugged when your lease runs out, you will automatically get a new IP. I definitely wouldn't ignore this issue, if your IP is compromised, one of your devices is likely compromised and that issue needs to be resolved immediately.
My IP pops up as "Suspicious", which is described as "The IP has only recently started sending mails, and therefore still has an Unknown reputation".

But yeah, having to attempt to login 20+ times really sucked, especially if i wanted to login multiple accounts at once. I think the worst was 37 login attempts before a success.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

*watches @Stinky Pete raking in the dough from stolen CC #'s*