• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Synchronization between login and world servers?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

For the last two days i have been unable to log into UO. I am using the 2d Client Version 6.0.14.2 (Patch 94).

When i try to log in, it loads like normal, i enter my username and password. It verifies fine. When it asks me what shard i want i choose (great lakes), and thats where it screws up i get this error message:

an error has occured in the synchronization between the login servers and this world. Please close your client and try again.

I emailed UO support, they told me that i wasnt patched to the latest version, i am, they told me to try uninstall, and reinstall, i did. I cant find a phone number to contact them, and i am getting no where with there email support.

Is there anyone here that knows anything about this issue and how to resolve it?!?!?

Thank You
cdavbar

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm,

I've never actually gotten this error before. Free bump in hopes that someone else knows something about it. . .

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to the folder where UO is installed, usually C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client. Inside that folder should be a folder named "patch". If there is anything in that folder delete it and restart the client.

Failing that, the number to contact EA is 1-800-543-5435.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies......I called support just a minute ago, they told me when i was sending email support inquiries i was communicating with there support department in India. :cursing: Anywho, trying to reinstall once again to make them happy, which means sitting here waiting for 4 hours to download the files from ftp. then waiting another 12 hours to patch all the files. If it still doesnt work there going to have their american support team help me on the issue finally. woo hoo!

Just a little irked by the support at ea/pogo, can you tell?

*!*!*!* NOTE FOR THE DEVS----For christmas this year i dont want a box with snow and ice....i want a game cd mailed to me so i dont have to wait HOURS to download and patch the game :) !*!*!*!*!*!*!*

For any Idoc-ers Minoc pass in tram on Great lakes has a house gonna fall tonight or tomorrow morning, i wont be able to make it and its loaded with crap. Good Luck!

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pro Tip: I do this every so often. Download the client installer, and copy it to the folder where UO is installed. Now burn the entire contents of that folder to a CD. WHen you need to reinstall, run the installer, then do no let it patch, but copy the contents of the CD into the install folder.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

For the last two days i have been unable to log into UO. I am using the 2d Client Version 6.0.14.2 (Patch 94).
Bolded what I think is your problem. I just logged out and my 2D client says UO Version 6.0.14.2 (Patch 79).

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to EA thats the right & latest patch for 2d but anywho, couldnt get the 2d to download and patch correctly, so im running the enhanced client. Still get the same error when logging in, after about forty login attempts it finally lets me, if i lose connection or need to change char im screwed as it takes another forty or so log in attempts to log back in to the game, the EA tech support in california is supposed to look into this further for me now, hopefully they do, i was told i was dealing with India this whole time wich is BS but what can you do, So we'll see what the california department says about the issue.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

When i try to log in, it loads like normal, i enter my username and password. It verifies fine. When it asks me what shard i want i choose (great lakes), and thats where it screws up i get this error message:

an error has occured in the synchronization between the login servers and this world. Please close your client and try again.

I emailed UO support, they told me that i wasnt patched to the latest version, i am, they told me to try uninstall, and reinstall, i did. I cant find a phone number to contact them, and i am getting no where with there email support.

Is there anyone here that knows anything about this issue and how to resolve it?!?!?

Thank You
cdavbar
Actually I have been getting this lately... UO Version 7.0.49.0 (Patch 66)... Anyone know why its happening? Or how to fix :)

Cheers