• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Swordsmanship slayer weapon imbue

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have good suggestions on a good imbue combo for swordsmanship slayer weapons?

I was thinking of

Slayer
DI
SSI
Hit Leech Stamina
Hit Leech Mana

Can't really fit more than that on it, can you? (max 5 properties?)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on how you look at the question more properties can be added. If you think about wood types you can add HCI, HPR, HLL, SSI, DI, Luck after imbuing 5 properties. There are some ML magic weapons that if made with a runic or material can add additional properties.

I made a non-exceptional Daisho for attempting to solo a greater dragon for training. BTW...I haven't won yet in swords, but easy on an archer. For other dragons except the greater dragon this weapon works well.

HLD 34%
HLA 34%
HML 44%
HSL 44%
Reptile Slayer

weight is 450.

-Lorax

p.s.
My suit is already 100% DI and I have 10% SSI from ring and cloak, also, 182 stamina in suit.

My choice for the 34% was for three hits to make the HLD and HLA sticky. You could lower them to 26% (four hits) and raise HML and HSL if desired.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Depending on how you look at the question more properties can be added. If you think about wood types you can add HCI, HPR, HLL, SSI, DI, Luck after imbuing 5 properties. There are some ML magic weapons that if made with a runic or material can add additional properties.

I made a non-exceptional Daisho for attempting to solo a greater dragon for training. BTW...I haven't won yet in swords, but easy on an archer. For other dragons except the greater dragon this weapon works well.

HLD 34%
HLA 34%
HML 44%
HSL 44%
Reptile Slayer

weight is 450.

-Lorax

p.s.
My suit is already 100% DI and I have 10% SSI from ring and cloak, also, 182 stamina in suit.

My choice for the 34% was for three hits to make the HLD and HLA sticky. You could lower them to 26% (four hits) and raise HML and HSL if desired.
If you were really using this just to kill Dragons then wouldn't Dragon slayer would be a better weapon?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you were really using this just to kill Dragons then wouldn't Dragon slayer would be a better weapon?
I don't remember. I'm planning on making one of each super slayer for my war chest though so it was one in my plan.

Do you remember what the damage difference was for a super slayer compared to the specific slayer type?

-Lorax

K

Kallie Pigeon

I don't remember. I'm planning on making one of each super slayer for my war chest though so it was one in my plan.

Do you remember what the damage difference was for a super slayer compared to the specific slayer type?

-Lorax
Triple damage for the specific slayer and double damage for the super slayer

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For dragons, I just use the Dragon's end dungeon arty drop.

It's 100% cold damage (no need to cast Consecrate), and has the option of Armor Ignore, if needed. You usually don't fight normal dragons in groups big enough where the swing speed becomes a factor, and against greaters and wyrms, you really need to hit once, run, then come back in, instead of sitting there.

Now, for other creature types, or fighting dragons with other weapon skills, there's where a crafted slayer is really useful.