• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Switching guilds?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering what happens to VvV points if I quit in order to switch guilds, I'm assuming they're lost and I get 500 points when I rejoin VvV in the new guild but my kills,etc will have been reset?
If this is the case can I claim a few artifacts to use up the points and then just hang on to them for use once I've rejoined?

Messy boy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
All silver points are lost you don't get new silver points unless you earn them. If you own the guild, drop guild, start new guild, you retain your vvv points, and kills but lose the silver points.

I found out the hard way, didn't like the guild name I had made, dropped guild and lost 5000 silver points. o.0

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's what I figured, thanks for confirming. I use a few VvV artifacts so I guess I'll just claim extras and bank them, glad to know I'll still have my kills when I rejoin. @Kyronix, any thoughts on the feasibility of making it possible to switch guilds (with a waiting period) without quitting VvV?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I figured, thanks for confirming. I use a few VvV artifacts so I guess I'll just claim extras and bank them, glad to know I'll still have my kills when I rejoin. @Kyronix, any thoughts on the feasibility of making it possible to switch guilds (with a waiting period) without quitting VvV?
It's possible. We'd have to put in some common sense restrictions, but it is something we can have a look at when we revisit VvV.