• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Switching Bard Masteries

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I'm having a problem switching between the masteries. I did the quest for Peace when I reached 90 and everything worked fine. I now have Disco and Provo at 90, and I noticed that I get the context menu to switch masteries without doing the other two quests.

My problem is that after I switch masteries, the context menu does not always show the choices to switch again. Sometimes I do not get any context menu, other times I get a menu to switch resists, and somtimes I get the full menu. It seems like there is a sequence, timer, or method of being able to switch that I am not aware of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Katrena

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you might try doing the other quests? if you could show a screen shot of the menus that may also help. you should just be able to right click the book and switch as long as you have over 90 and done the quests in all the mastery's

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just completed the other two quests and it did not make any difference. Actually, the two books I received for the quests do not show any context menu. My original book let me switch from Provo to Discord, then it only showed the four resists that I could select. It did not give me the option to switch back to Peace or Provo. There has to be a simple thing that I am missing in all of this.

Thanks, Katrena

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how soon after you switched are you trying to switch again? There is a timer, though I don't remember how long it is. You only need one book in your pack.
The elemental damage is for discord, you can chose which of your target's resists you will target.

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
check all books I remember a while back i had a similar problem and it had to do with multiple books ...you only need 1

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
2 things.
1) there is a timer on how often you can switch between masteries, and switching between them is the same as using a soulstone, you cant be battle flagged, crim flagged and all that jazz.
2) you have to 'activate' you book.
to do this just cast one of the bard mastery spells.
so lets say you have a the disco mastery and your book is showing nothing.
simply cast one of the disco mastery spells (and target yourself just to make it simple) then turn it off again.
then look at your book and the gump should show up.

those would be my first 2 suggestions.
make sure youve waited the proper time, make sure your not flagged and make sure your book is activated.

Roadrunner67

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The timer to switch masteries is 10 minutes.

What i'd like to know, the discordance 'elemental' damage options, do we have to equip the mastery book in order for that to take affect or simply selecting it and having the book in our backpack is sufficient?