• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Switch Weapon based on Stamina Level

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm starting to get revved up to make my archer a new suit and got some 10SSI jewelry. The next step is putting it all in a spreadsheet. What I do to my weapon is to put 5 properties and enhance with yew for the +10DI and 5HCI. I'm kind of excited to make myself a new weapon because with my SSI suit I only need 10 or 15 SSI on the weapon. There was a patch sometime ago that changed all the weapon speeds and base damages so I'm looking through my spreadsheet on stamina reduction and best archery weapon.

My weapon spreadsheet has all the weapons and I'm reviewing it for max damage per second instead of average. My suit will have 190 stamina so I start at 180 and go down by 30.

So I ranked by maximum damage and not special move, but this review is now making me ponder the right weapon to start my suit with. Interesting? Now my consideration is about switching weapons based on my stamina levels.

Using average damage it is similar weapon choice results based on damage.

new_wep_dps_ranking.png

Pondering the lower stamina levels it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to switch only to get a few extra damage out. The stamina leech (HSL) of 50% at low levels probably only amounts to 2.5 stamina leech per second more at the 60 or 90 stamina to use a shortbow or repeater compared with the yumi.

I think I'll start imbuing up sets of the Yumi. It seems pretty consistent from 180 down to 120 stamina. I started thinking about not having any SSI on my bow and just using Divine Fury, but at my current karma and chiv it only lasted 10 seconds. I did calculations on getting hit by HLD and with Divine fury and that puts anyone hitting me at 100% success without much DCI. The double shot only works mounted so this isn't a great bow for wraith form.

-Lorax

Last edited: