• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Swing Speed For Archers

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i was looking at the combat page on this website and im not sure it its outdated or if swing speed has been changed, from what i remember 30 stam or ssi removes .25 secs off of your speed, is this correct? also how much stam and ssi would i need to swing a crossbow at like 2.5 secs or faster if thats possible.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your memory is correct about the speed being based on increments of 30 stamina.

The swing speed calculation is as follows:
Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
The base weapon speed is counted in "ticks" as well where 1 tick = 0.25 seconds. Swing Speed Increase (SSI) is capped at 60%.

To save you the trouble of calculating this out, here is the minimum you will need to shoot a crossbow every 2.5 seconds:
  • 90 stamina and at least 50% SSI
  • 120 stamina and at least 40% SSI
  • 150 stamina and at least 30% SSI

Stayin Alive.

BG

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your memory is correct about the speed being based on increments of 30 stamina.

The swing speed calculation is as follows:
Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
The base weapon speed is counted in "ticks" as well where 1 tick = 0.25 seconds. Swing Speed Increase (SSI) is capped at 60%.

To save you the trouble of calculating this out, here is the minimum you will need to shoot a crossbow every 2.5 seconds:
  • 90 stamina and at least 50% SSI
  • 120 stamina and at least 40% SSI
  • 150 stamina and at least 30% SSI

Stayin Alive.

BG
ok im confused if 30 stam or 30 ssi remove .25 secs off the swing and i need to remove 2 full secs off the swing to be 2.5 that means i need to remove .25 8 times meaning i need 240 stam and/or ssi combined to remove 2 secs unless im getting confused about something

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok im confused if 30 stam or 30 ssi remove .25 secs off the swing and i need to remove 2 full secs off the swing to be 2.5 that means i need to remove .25 8 times meaning i need 240 stam and/or ssi combined to remove 2 secs unless im getting confused about something
Every 30 points of stamina will make a weapon with 0% SSI faster by 0.25 seconds. Rereading my prevoius post, that was unclear, my apologies.

So if you have 120 stamina, a plain store bought crossbow will shoot every 3.5 seconds when you use it. In order to shoot it every 2.5 seconds, you will need to have a combination of stamina and SSI at least as good as the ones I listed.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These might help......

Originally done by Athene. I grabbed the images from her website. I certainly appreciate the work she did on these.

Q

S

Sir Kenga

Look at 45% SSI vs 40% SSI (for slow weap). Tables say 45% ssi is worse. Is it typo or...?.....

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That table seems off. With 60 SSI the swing speed on a 4.5 second weapon (crossbow) would go down to 1.8, rounded up to 2. You'd need 90 stam to swing at 1.25s. Or am I understanding that wrong?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the links to those ssi charts are broken, anyway to get that back ?