• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sweet Dreams Inn Babble Thread!

G

Chit, Chat, Babble! This is the place to shoot the breeze with your fellow Bajans without cluttering up the forums. There is no topic, so talk about anything (within the RoC of course
)!

If you'd like to partake in a forum where you may truly talk about anything (things that violate the RoC here), then I suggest to take a gander at Stratics Off Topic Forum, you'll need to sign away that you are 18 or older to enter there.

So, without further delay, let's get babbling!

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

We need to get a few drinks into em, me thinks, aye!

[/ QUOTE ]

*holds head gingerly*

arghhh... thats the reason i haven't posted .... lol

*furiously searches houses for bottle of Aleve*

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know i heard once that a squid can survive the vaccuum of space....

... or was that fit in the space of a vaccuum......

G

Wow, either way, that is pretty cool.

Dargo can survive in space for a few Ans (sp?) too! He's doen it several times now!

*wishes they'd start Farscape back up again*

G

cold pizza gives me gas. lets see that squid survive that hehe

I

imported_Hazard

So it could survive this if vaccumed up while living?

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So it could survive this if vaccumed up while living?

[/ QUOTE ]

now we enter that grey area.... are squid in fact naturally encased in plastics in the wild? I'm afraid this is one of those mysteries of the universe we may never know....

;-)

though it would be a treat to pick that up at the store, get home and break the seal, to have squid shooting ink and jumping up on your face... cause if i was a squid, the face is the first spot i'd hit ;-)

G

I read once that squid are naturally playful and intelligent - sort of the dogs of the sea. Call me flakey but I won't eat callimari now.

C

Casey

Same here.. *pokes the squishy thing in plastic with a disgusted look*

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i hear a cricket dropping a pin.....

here's a tid bit of info:

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fell on the same day.

It's an ironic juxtaposition: One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, the other involves a groundhog.

C

Calan Caitin

<blockquote><hr>

I think i hear a cricket dropping a pin.....

here's a tid bit of info:

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fell on the same day.

It's an ironic juxtaposition: One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, the other involves a groundhog.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! Good one Xanth.

N

napoleon-TT

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the world's biggest GW fan, but I'm pretty certain that this a pretty easy thing so say when you're sitting in your boxers in front of the computer, and a much harder thing to say when you actually know something about politics.

Don't knock the time honored traditions of our nation, even if you don't like the man in charge. Delivering a state of the union is a little harder than what you're trying to make it out to be.

K

Kylas

&gt;&gt;without cluttering up the forums. &lt;&lt;

Your kidding right? Is there 5 posts to this forum a month?

Dig

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I'm not the world's biggest GW fan,

[/ QUOTE ]

so shut up and chuckle

<blockquote><hr>

but I'm pretty certain that this a pretty easy thing so say when you're sitting in your boxers in front of the computer, and a much harder thing to say when you actually know something about politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i was at work actually when i posted this so, nope not sittin' in my boxers, fully dressed, and just for the record i tried this theory of yours out... got off work into my boxers, and said it.... called up my congressman and had him say it... neither of us had any trouble saying it... maybe you have food in your mouth as you are knowing about politics, thus your trouble saying it...

<blockquote><hr>

Don't knock the time honored traditions of our nation, even if you don't like the man in charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Groundhogs Day? State of the Union? What about other time honored traditions like corruption, greed, theft, murder? Can i knock those?

<blockquote><hr>

Delivering a state of the union is a little harder than what you're trying to make it out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, i'm not even sure what i was trying to make it out to be, so if you would (and i know you will) tell me what i was attempting to do with my post, for obviously you know better than i, then i would be much obliged.

Secondly, i suppose you are right.... having someone write a speech for you, and having to get out in front of all those people and read something of that magnitude and importance isn't easy.

Thirdly, bajeez man... noone posts a thread about archers/mages/ducks/nerfs/whatevers for you to let everyone know your strong, and oh so obviously correct opinion on, so you have to resport to hopping into a Babble thread to troll on something i thought was amusing and would share it.

And just fer shytes and gaggles, my Great-Uncle sent me that particular sentence (75 years old, my guess is he has seen and might even *hush it couldn't be!* know more than you on the subject of politics).

I have actively avoided the Baja forums for the past week or so, as i had watched them turn into a forum full of waffles moans and other assorted [censored] with the occasional sprinkling of community news, or anything that wasn't from TC to SI telling them and the shard how much better they were. How much SI sucked, how much TC whooped on em (proud of killing people that suck at the game, by your own reasoning......hmm nice one), or why SI acher this, patch blah, publish hide, blah dee blah blah blah.

When i saw that TC hadn't been filling the forum with a bunch of trash i decided to browse and even post fer the helluvit... thank you (and i know you will say your welcome) for convincing me that it is a waste of time to read these boards, news comes in various other forms. Enjoy your new forums Nap. and good luck with whatever you are trying to do in life, i saw reference to law.. there ya go cheif, have at er... seems, from what i know of you, to be right up your alley and i'm sure you will excel in that field.

last thing i shall say is:

IT WAS A JOKE!!!
LIGHTEN UP MAN!!!

&amp;

I hate the 'quote' disection of posts.... thanks alot... sorry for derailing a pointless thread :-/

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dig

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, from someone who has to read all posts here. There are approximately 5-10 posts per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

C

Casey

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Dig

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, from someone who has to read all posts here. There are approximately 5-10 posts per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pwned!

Somebody had to say it..

G

*hugs his Flexeril*

I just love this stuff! First time I've ever been prescribed it, it helps soo much, especially when I need to sleep!

"This Medicine May Cause Blurred Vision"

It does all-right! When I got a shot of it in my buttcheek, I was seeing sweet designs and ripples in the hospitol curtain, it was like I was in slow motion.

The pill form isn't as heavy thou

But still...

C

Casey

Haha wth? How did we get from talking about eating squids to drugs in Orvago's butt?

B

brokenbones

Squid are among the brutalest predators of the sea; and, you compare it to a dog? Have you ever seen a squid attack its prey and eat?
It is utterly horrifying. I would rather get attacked by a shark than a squid.

O

OTTnMIA

Your talking about giant squid. Which yes, are EXTREMELY viscious and intense creatures that could kill a man underwater with terrifying ease.... but those are VERY VERY VERY rare (never been encountered alive, and just recently caught on video for the first time ever, and due only to a long experiment to find one), and so no man would likely EVER have an ecounter with one. 99.9% of squid are quite small and harmless to man. TRUST ME, you'd rather encounter a squid the ocean than a shark any day!

Now, a true giant squid (which is the origin of the "Kraken" monster), I agree with you!

G

My husband and I went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert last week and took our 2 oldest sons and their womenfolk. The keyboardists had a kind of duel and after the young man (who had a doctorate from Juilliard) did his bit, the woman keyboardist (community college and quit before finishing) did hers. Her fingers were flying across the keyboard and the crowd erupted in cheers. Without even thinking, I yelled out "OWNED". My 25 yr. old son turned to me and said "Mom, did you just say 'owned'?". The only thing I can think of that could've provoked that kind of auto-response, from a woman my age, is hanging around with the goofs I do ingame.

And if any of you have the chance to go to one of their concerts, do it! This is my second year and though we have to drive hundreds of miles, it's worth every minute to see their show. They are amazing if you like Rock n' Roll mingled with Classical music. They put me in the Christmas spirit and never disappoint.

C

Casey

Wow, where did this ancient thread come from? It just sort of emerged out of nowhere, like a giant prehistoric squid from underwater.. *glorp*