• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Swamp Dragon Barding Help?

• Thread starter imported_Rama21
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Rama21

I need some help with swamp dragon barding. I was told by another player in game that different ores give different resists to the barding. (Verite = poison, shadow iron = physical, etc. He couldn’t remember them all.) I started trying to find out more info and everytime I see someone on a forum talking about it they say that’s not true, there is no difference. Then when I do a search on uo.com I find this from June, 2002:

“Question 2: Apart from the colors is there any difference between armor and weapons made from the different types of metal?
Answer: Using colored ingots to craft normal ringmail, chainmail, and platemail currently has no effect on the properties of the armor. However, this does not necessarily hold true for serpent scale armor and swamp dragon barding, which have special properties that players are still in the process of discovering.

Note: As of the next major publish, the one we call internally “Publish 16,” the answer to this question will change slightly. Armor made from different colored ore will grant different AR values—the more rare the ore, the higher the AR bonus. So, for example, while iron armor will have a basic AR rating, the same type of armor made from Valorite will have a significantly higher AR rating. More details on this will be available as we progress toward Publish 16 going live.”

So does anyone have any accurate swamp dragon barding info?

G

Blimey, it's been a long time since I've seen any information relating to P16, that holiest of patches [/sarcasm].

In all seriousness though, the type of the ore no longer makes any difference, and as far as I know, never did. All types of dragon barding give a reduction in the amount of damage taken - 10% for normal quality, and 20% for exceptional quality. The type of ore doesn't affect this. I might be wrong on the numbers, but the general principles are right, so the only differences in price are reflected by normal/exceptional qualities and the rarity of the ore used.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me

G

Actually, having a look in the FAQ provided this:

What is a Dragon Barding Deed?
A Dragon Barding Deed is crafted under the Platemail sub-menu and consumes 750 ingots. It may be colored and is slightly easier to craft than a Platemail Tunic. A Swamp Dragon protected with Barding helps to absorb as much as 10% of the inflicted damage received by its rider with exceptional deeds absorbing up to 20%. To use the Deed, double-click it and target an unbarded Swamp Dragon. Although you may Arms Lore the Barding by targeting the Dragon, there is no way to repair it yet. You may remove Dragon Barding by using a bladed item on the Dragon.

That should clear it up nicely

D

drew1

Melchiah is absolutely correct. The only difference between barding deeds crafted from different color ores is..... you guessed it..... the color.
Some people are all hung up on color. I wouldn't mind so much if you could repair the deed, but I'll be damn if I'm gonna waste 750 Valorite ingots for the exact same protection as iron. Only to have it break after about 2 days of fighting.
I make all the deeds that I am going to use out of iron. I do have a couple of customers however that prefer the colored ones.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Previous posters are correct. Ore color adds absolutely no additional properties other than color.

I craft all my dragon barding out of iron, dull copper or shadow iron. Low-end ores only. As stated it's not worth wasting verite or valorite ingots for the exact same protection as more commonly found ore unless a buyer is willing to pay a significant premium for it.

C

Celariol

Anyone know how to find TobyOne or Ulysses Nowdays?
Msn, ICQ anything. Even a simple Mailadress.

Thank you in advance.

G

Ulysess still plays occasionally, as for TobyOne, he can still be found posting in U.Hall OT/Stratics OT, but can't remember his posting name. You can try his ICQ though: 42-540-594.

Uly can still be contacted by ICQ if you're lucky, but it's been a long time since he's actually been active. His ICQ is 37-122-683.

Any other old RAA you want me to track down for you?

C

Celariol

<blockquote><hr>

Ulysess still plays occasionally, as for TobyOne, he can still be found posting in U.Hall OT/Stratics OT, but can't remember his posting name. You can try his ICQ though: 42-540-594.

Uly can still be contacted by ICQ if you're lucky, but it's been a long time since he's actually been active. His ICQ is 37-122-683.

Any other old RAA you want me to track down for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah those where the closest ones i still remember. :]
Thanks a lot.