• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] SW Quests Questions

K

Kiwillian

Ok, couple of questions! :)

1) I'm doing the Sanctuary chain to get the skill since it looked a bit more soloable. Where is a good place to get ears from? The Brigand camp nearby seems to be full of Elves, so that's no good. Any good places to go?

Also, I've managed to collect a few so far but noticed there are two types. Does this matter? When I go to mark them for the quest will that screw me up if the 30 are of two facings? (They don't stack).

2) Can I do the other quests (Summon Fey etc) prior to completing the main one? I have positive karma right now, so it may be easier - lol :)

Thanks!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. The best place for ears is Old Haven next to where the moongate was (far south east side of the island) There are a few constantly spawning brigand camps there. I don't think the direstion matters. Try marking what you have as a quest item then checking the quest. If it works, good. If not, let everyone else know.

2. I've never tried it, but they do offer it.

K

Kiwillian

I'm on Siege, so there is no Haven :(

I tried the camp outside Trinsic but it's empty *sigh*

As for the different ears, I'll post once I get enough :)

I wonder if it's worth trying the Fey quest while I collect ears... don't wanna screw things up so I can never get it though.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wandering healers have ears too. The red ones are easy to kill.

Edit:
And barrier island (east exit from Trinsic over a bridge) is loaded with brigands, even on Siege. I just went to check it out, and they're still there.

K

Kiwillian

I tried a red healer but they dispelled my blade spirits (still training) :(

Just went to wander around Ocllo and found a few though. I'll check out East Trinsic (I went west before).

Thanks! :)

K

Kiwillian

Hooray! Did the main quest. Had 15 of each type of human ear and it worked OK. Marked both piles and got the happy sound and handed them in OK, so no worries there.

Thanks for the tips, Farsight! :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How hard is the main sw quest in sanctuary? I know the rats are easy, but I am told the succubi and changelings make it very hard. I have a char in development to add sw to, but he's not quite ready to try either quest... at least I don't think so.

-OBSIDIAN-

I

infundibulum

The place I have found most useful for collecting human ears is a small tower NNW of the Shrine of Sacrifice in Ilshenar. It only has 4 brigands or so, and they respawn pretty quick. Plus, there is the slight chance of a paragon minor artifact drop and you can rescue the nobleperson for some brownie points if you wish.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How hard is the main sw quest in sanctuary? I know the rats are easy, but I am told the succubi and changelings make it very hard. I have a char in development to add sw to, but he's not quite ready to try either quest... at least I don't think so.

-OBSIDIAN-
If you know where to run, the Sanctuary quest is actually easier than the Heartwood quest, but only slightly.

The difference in the quest itself is killing brigands rather than overseers.

Getting to the quest means running a gauntlet of ratmen, rat archers, rat mages, ogre lords, changelings and titans, which is very easy if you have resist on your characters, otherwise it's not too hard if you have a lot of hit points and potions.

M

Malkes

I found that, for me, the easiest character, by far, for doing the rat killing quest in Sanctuary was my stealth mage.

That may not really be an option for you, since I don't know your template, though.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My character is being built as a spawner. He's a little non-standard and requires monsters that give back mana via wraith-form leech. Ultimately he will be a necro-mage weaver peacer . Based on my currently eaten power scrolls and acquired jewels, here is the template:

115 Eval Int
110 Magery
115 SS
105 Necro
100 Music
100 Peacemaking
106 SW

I'm still training the skills. Initially, I plan to replace the SW with 100 Inscription. I need to learn how to play the character and don't want to grow dependent on meditation or resist. I could replace inscription via soulstone with either med or resist to do the quest however if that would be necessary. Character is an elf and has ~170 mana. I'm trying to push FC/FCR, SDI, LMC, and LRC as high as I can get them (or to max as applicable). These adds are listed in order of priority; resists are lower in priority. Obviously my intent is to strike hard and fast, and area peace to keep untargeted.

What do you recommend for this guy to complete the Spellweaving Sanctuary quest?

-OBSIDIAN-

K

Kiwillian

I did it on a thief/mage/ninja with horrible gear. Stealth in follow the path till it goes west a bit near the entrance and hop over the barricade. A little further west is a small hut with a door. Inside that is a hole that will drop you into the less crowded caves. You can use this as a shortcut to get to the quest giver too.

Here's a handy map I found. Watch out for the spike traps in the caves! Nightsight is very handy down there.

Attachments