• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

suspended for name jeremy, i could use your help again.

• Thread starter imported_Mister E.
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Mister E.

this morn i was training a golem in luna when i was pulled to jail for being in violation of the naming policy. my name was sexual chocolate (for those who are aware this is the name of a band in the movie Coming to America) upon arrival to jail my name was promptly changed to Boric (my char is female) and was sent back to my previous location and kicked from game...no explanations...nada.

when i logged back in i was hauled back to jail and told my name was in violation of section 1 and 7 of the name violations. for that i was suspended from play and told that i would not be given right to change my chars name or have the name change reversed.

my question is when the heck did this game get so sensitized that i get punished for the name of a char i have had for 8 years between two accounts? i was once jailed for the name on my old account but was released upon explanation of the name and its origin. what changed? when?

please PM me jeremy...this is the second time this has happened. you are well versed in life when it comes to being singled out...so i humbly ask for your assistance.

G

Well your not a band.

When my son who is nine, says "why is his name sexual chocolate"?

I can say oh its band.

Good luck. Name change can be for down right offense or inappropriate.

I bet yours can go either way.

P

Paris_Hilton

So if a band names itself something sexually explicit, racist, or hateful to others and that band is seen in a movie then you feel that that entitles YOU to be allowed to use that name as a character name in UO and that the naming policy that you agreed to when you signed up to play UO should be disregarded? Aren't you special?

IS it that difficult to pick a new name that is not going to potentially get you banned from the game?

Frankly you seem to be an irl him playing an online her character, which I personally feel is an attempt to fool someone out of something or into doing something they wouldn't if you represented yourself honestly, so I feel no pity for you.

You reap what you sow, or so they say.

I

imported_Mister E.

if you read the rules of conduct for naming...the word sexual is used as a descriptive term to describe names which are offensive...not actually as an offensive word.

sexual chocolate is used to describe the chocolate as immensly tasty...something you cant just cant put down. now how the heck is that offensive?

C

Connor_Graham

"Frankly you seem to be an irl him playing an online her character, which I personally feel is an attempt to fool someone out of something or into doing something they wouldn't if you represented yourself honestly"

Or he could simply be taking advantage of the fact that female elves can wear ANY armor type in the game.

Or he could be possibly be a Tamer that wants to be able to ride a Unicorn.

I have a female elf Tamer myself for just that reason.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions simply because you don't like his choice of names.

R

Ryix (europa)

Don't really see how that is offensive to anyone... it might be inappropriate for a name, you know not being a name and all but its not racist or derogatory in anyway...

I knew a guy called Garry Glitter that had the char from day 1, as soon as his namesake was "outed" as the scum that he is, a gm showed up and he lost his whole account. Because of someone elses actions
Now THAT sucks

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

So if a band names itself something sexually explicit, racist, or hateful to others and that band is seen in a movie then you feel that that entitles YOU to be allowed to use that name as a character name in UO and that the naming policy that you agreed to when you signed up to play UO should be disregarded? Aren't you special?

IS it that difficult to pick a new name that is not going to potentially get you banned from the game?

Frankly you seem to be an irl him playing an online her character, which I personally feel is an attempt to fool someone out of something or into doing something they wouldn't if you represented yourself honestly, so I feel no pity for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

one sided much? my chars are both sexes, sexual chocolate being the name of my original female char from 2000. so you are saying i should be punished for a name i picked out and have used for 8 years? grow up!

i am not asking for special treatment here bud...i am asking that we support an english speaking staff with an idea of american pop culture of which have the ability to discern the difference between a broken rule and a harmless descriptive.

(if you dont understnad read the last post!)

k thx bye!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you a dude named Paris Hilton?

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt catch that...guess im too slow :p

OWNED!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Isnt the game for 16+ or that changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, its up to me as the parent. Duh.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Exactly. I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

if you read the rules of conduct for naming...the word sexual is used as a descriptive term to describe names which are offensive...not actually as an offensive word.

sexual chocolate is used to describe the chocolate as immensly tasty...something you cant just cant put down. now how the heck is that offensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you picked it cause it was a name of a band.

Oh now its a descriptive word for intense tasty chocolate.

Well change your name to Intense Chocolate.
Or even Immense Chocolate. (thats edgy)

It works right?

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...your responsibility to keep things like this out of view of a nine year old. after all, if you didnt want your kid to hear bad words you wouldnt send him to a PG 13 movie would you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The game is rated teen.

Any teenager that is offended by "Sexual Chocolate" needs alot of therapy and to be away from the internet.

Cmon, this is just stupid. Its obviously someone who either 1. was really pissy, or b. didn't like this person. Just griefing them person because they were there. This didn't really deserve a suspension. It's not offensive, and last I checked the word "Sexual" nor the word "Chocolate" were censor worthy.

Perhaps if the name had been "Sexual Violence" I could see a suspension... but cmon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really care. Im just saying, there is a difference between inappropriate and offense. Either one might get you to have a name switch.

It like the guy who thinks 69 is funny in the name.

"ah its just a number like 70. Why did the ban it." Please.

The OP doesnt even own up to why he is choosing that name.

Come on.

You like the inuendo. (is that how you spell it)

Be honest.

Or are you saying you choose it for the taste of chocolate. Or was it the band.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...your responsibility to keep things like this out of view of a nine year old. after all, if you didnt want your kid to hear bad words you wouldnt send him to a PG 13 movie would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep what out of view. You said its just a description for chocolate with immense tastiness. Right? Come on. Fess up. Why did you choose the name?

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you picked it cause it was a name of a band.

Oh now its a descriptive word for intense tasty chocolate.

Well change your name to Intense Chocolate.
Or even Immense Chocolate. (thats edgy)

It works right?

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...you are obviously trying to read too far into it. the band's name was sexual chocolate...which by definition is "intense" or *tasty* chocolate when related to the context of the movie.

got it now?

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

"Frankly you seem to be an irl him playing an online her character, which I personally feel is an attempt to fool someone out of something or into doing something they wouldn't if you represented yourself honestly"

Or he could simply be taking advantage of the fact that female elves can wear ANY armor type in the game.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions simply because you don't like his choice of names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly I NEVER said I don't like his name?

I do not approve of him attempting to skirt his punishment for breaking the naming policy rules by coming here and alluding that he and Jeremy share a similiar life experience and therefore Jeremy should consider him Immune to the rules that others are required to obey.

Please try to remember that I have actually played UO Connor.

I know why guys make female characters;

A.To date other guys and coerce the other guy into loaning the 'girlfriend' some arties or other rares...

B. Because the older tougher pvper guys are mean to the younger inexperienced guys but in general NOT mean to female characters, so they use it as a means to be in the popular kids club...

C. To actively find guys (or girls) to date online (One 'lesbian' who boasted 'she' had wives in every state, had been cybering online for over 8 years and had over 300 characters on all UO shards, was most likely a guy irl)...

Yes I have heard the tired old excuse that female armor is 'better' than male armor, but your 'ride the uni' excuse is a new one on me.

I am a female irl with all female characters and since they changed the old white horse unicorns to that hideous new art of jutting awkward bluish-white angled cartoony joke that it is now I think they are the ugliest and most laughable mount in the game.

That anyone would go to the trouble to make a female* character* on purpose to ride that is, well, funny, lol!

I do have a pink hat with a big bow in the front I'd like to send you though, now that I know that you have a feminine side.

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly I NEVER said I don't like his name?

I do not approve of him attempting to skirt his punishment for breaking the naming policy rules by coming here and alluding that he and Jeremy share a similiar life experience and therefore Jeremy should consider him Immune to the rules that others are required to obey.

Please try to remember that I have actually played UO Connor.

A.To date other guys and coerce the other guy into loaning the 'girlfriend' some arties or other rares...

B. Because the older tougher pvper guys are mean to the younger inexperienced guys but in general NOT mean to female characters, so they use it as a means to be in the popular kids club...

C. To actively find guys (or girls) to date online (One 'lesbian' who boasted 'she' had wives in every state, had been cybering online for over 8 years and had over 300 characters on all UO shards, was most likely a guy irl)...

Yes I have heard the tired old excuse that female armor is 'better' than male armor, but your 'ride the uni' excuse is a new one on me.

I am a female irl with all female characters and since they changed the old white horse unicorns to that hideous new art of jutting awkward bluish-white angled cartoony joke that it is now I think they are the ugliest and most laughable mount in the game.

That anyone would go to the trouble to make a on purpose to ride that is, well, funny, lol!

I do have a pink hat with a big bow in the front I'd like to send you though, now that I know that you have a feminine side.

[/ QUOTE ]

not one single thing in your post is valid. good job.

btw...i didnt break any rules nor am i pleading for favoritism.

oh and paris hilton = girl...

so i take it by your own statement you are only using a female name on the boards to....

find other men? (btw...i am fine with that, but are you?)

btw...my last pvp mage was also female...with a little over 200 counts...so try again. (there are no reasons i pick male or female...it all just depends on the name i give the char at the time of creation.)

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

one sided much? my chars are both sexes, sexual chocolate being the name of my original female char from 2000. so you are saying i should be punished for a name i picked out and have used for 8 years? grow up!

i am not asking for special treatment here bud...i am asking that we support an english speaking staff with an idea of american pop culture of which have the ability to discern the difference between a broken rule and a harmless descriptive.

(if you dont understnad read the last post!)

k thx bye!

[/ QUOTE ]

"...i am not asking for special treatment here bud..."

"please PM me jeremy...this is the second time this has happened. you are well versed in life when it comes to being singled out..."

Oh aren't you?

And I am not a "bud" thank you very much.

I

imported_Mister E.

bud is short for *buddy*. it is obviously apparent you arent one of those...my apologies.

and jeremy helped me out with a similar situation a bit over a month, so i turn to her now not out of favor but out of respect. she gets things done. period.

feel free to flame all you like paris over a situation you do not understand nor comprehend. if you feel that having a female char in some way makes me a sick person since i am a guy, i pity you.

P

PaganOfLegends

Paris, you don't know why guys make female characters.
I am a guy, and I have many female characters. Most named after my 3 daughters, my wife, my mother. And some not named after any family member, but just for the heck of it. I have never accepted anything in game from anyone. And I rarely even socialize in game. I just like looking at the female character.

And since you say you are female, then that explains why you don't understand why a guy would make female characters.

I know a few females who have male characters. I never asked them why they play male characters.

Look up Nancy on Yamato, Legends, Sonoma, Balhae. All Gm or Elder tailors. That is the characters I made of my mother, who really was a tailor, though she called herself a dressmaker.

Jennifer on Legends and Sonoma. Elder tamers. Because my daughter is so sweet, she can tame the savage beast.

Everything is not so clear cut as you might think.

And since you wanted to explain why a guy would make a female character, explain why a female would make a male character.

I'm guessing your answer would be, so that guys don't hit on them.

I meet a lot of guys playing female characters, and they make no secret about it that they are guys.

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

I am a guy, and I have many female characters. Most named after my 3 daughters, my wife, my mother. And some not named after any family member, but just for the heck of it. I have never accepted anything in game from anyone. And I rarely even socialize in game. I just like looking at the female character.

And since you say you are female, then that explains why you don't understand why a guy would make female characters.

I know a few females who have male characters. I never asked them why they play male characters.

Look up Nancy on Yamato, Legends, Sonoma, Balhae. All Gm or Elder tailors. That is the characters I made of my mother, who really was a tailor, though she called herself a dressmaker.

Jennifer on Legends and Sonoma. Elder tamers. Because my daughter is so sweet, she can tame the savage beast.

Everything is not so clear cut as you might think.

And since you wanted to explain why a guy would make a female character, explain why a female would make a male character.

I'm guessing your answer would be, so that guys don't hit on them.

I meet a lot of guys playing female characters, and they make no secret about it that they are guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for your support. i guess it takes another guy to understand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot the most important one which is ussually the reason for PvPers.

You don't get the damage reflected back at you 2x when you hit a semidar champ as a fem char.

If you want to assume everyone dude on a chick char is a freak or a scammer thats fine. Be ignorant or have your sick deluded fantasies, or whatever it is.

Personally I don't have any fem chars because I play a mage and I can polymorph to a female to avoid the damage, but not every char has that ability.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

I am a guy, and I have many female characters. Most named after my 3 daughters, my wife, my mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes

Thats a whole nother tin of pigeons...

G

It had been said many times that the best way to reach her and receive a response is via email sent to (jdalberg AT ea DOT com). If you were not aware, now you know...

Now that that is settled... I'd like you folks to pay attention to one particular line from the RoC:
<blockquote><hr>

Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks <u><font color="red">(if left unchecked)</u></font>.

[/ QUOTE ]
This thread is a perfect example of this... A disagreement that turned into petty bickering and from there it became a full fledged argument and finally arrived at someone calling someone else an idiot. Well done... now that we've seen what not to do, let's try and keep things civil and agree to disagree.

I don't mind people chiming in with their two cents, but when you come back at someone over and over and over again just because you don't agree with their opinion, that just does not make sense.

OP, now that you have the proper direction to go in search of help, this thread here is done. Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.