• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Susan's Garden - Check it out

• Thread starter Pinky Pepperpow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Pinky Pepperpow

Betcha didn't know just how talented our Susan aka Sally Bumblefoot truly is. I was awed when she sent me these pictures of a mural she has been working on. She worked 12 hour days for several weeks to do this piece of work. When she said she was painiting I was thinking maybe stripes or a stencil...but NO....look at this:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Susan can tell you a lot more about the mural, I just wanted to get them up here and let you see how awesome her work is.

The humble thing is that Susan did this for free for her church and has asked if she can continue painting a few more at no charge. Now that's being humble!!!

Hugs,

BTW, these pictures have been minimized and there are more. You can trying going to photobucket where I have them stored and see if you can get into the album and see the full size at:

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/judy1117/Susans Garden/

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Truly beautiful. I've always been jealous of people like you :p

L

Little Sadie

Wow Susan! That is beautiful! You are really talented! I wish I could paint like that. Can you come to my house and do that? Free of charge? LOL! Seriously, that is awesome! :bowdown:

R

ROSIE T

My real garden doesn't look that beautiful! What church is this at, I'd love to stop in and see it first hand?

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Thanks everyone! Pinky is really being too kind.........they actually have been wanting me to do this for a while and for one reason or another it kept getting put off. I have been asked to do this in other areas also but have said no because I need a fairly smooth surface and most of the building is painted concrete blocks so it would be very difficult. FYI, this is an English Cottage garden. I researched for a long time to find historic gardens and chose only flowers that were planted at 18th and 19th century cottages in England. This certainly isnt the first mural I have painted (this is how I make a little extra money), but man it was the largest!!

Terri, I would love to do this at your house. All it would cost you is your concord, siamese, and grizzly (trust me, it is a bargain)!!! JK. I love doing it!! I would call it even for all the DAs and hours we have spent fishing as long as you promise to play the guitar and sing for me as I paint!!

Rosie, I will PM you with the info. I would love for you see it in person. I was leary of sending the pics to Pink because it really loses something in the pics. The clouds and birds are hard to see and it just kind of looks flat. Also, I have a black thumb!! My husband smiles every year because I love flowers and I always try to plant them. He hauls dirt and flowers, digs holes, waits patiently as I rearrange the doomed items, and never complains. By mid summer everything is dead!! I paint flowers because I can't grow them!! But........I keep trying!!:thumbup1:

S

SSniffleslam

Wow! That is beautiful! You are wonderfully talented!! (And who cares if you have a black thumb!! If you enjoy doing something, go right on ahead and do it!!)

G

Granjell

Obviously, Susan, you have a multi-colored thumb!! Your flowers will never wither! I think it is especially awesome that this is in a church. You Rock!!

L

loadexfa

Susan, that mural is AWESOME. My only artistic talent is being annoying. ;)

Josh

S

Stubby

That is beyond awesome. My daughter is our resident artist here, and she said she was impressed and wished she could someday be able to do something as nice.

I also can appreciate the fact that you volunteered for your church as my husband volunteers at our church quite a bit. You are totally awesome!:bowdown:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Thanks!! I have taught Sunday School in this room for like 10 years and that plain white wall was getting to me too. My RL best friend is a true artist. We teach painting classes together. I call my self a "cheat" painter because I always find fast ways to do something quick that should take a lot longer!! Together my friend and I have the best of both worlds!! I always laff when she asks me to show her how I did something because she is my painting hero!! In class we go back and forth. She will show the techincal way to do something and then I will show the cheating way!!! It is great fun to learn from each other!! She was unable to help me with the mural but she gave me directions for the clouds......the wall was white so I painted the wall blue and wiped off the paint to make the clouds. I never would have thought of that! I would have sponged it on afterwards which would have been easier and much quicker, but this turned out more professional!

Has your daughter taken classes Sandi? I have a GREAT respect for real artists!!