• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suprise hunt Thursday 3/11/10 7 pm Central

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The suprise hunt will be held on thursday 3/11 at 7pm central this week. We will meet at west brit bank and continue our champion spawn tour. Look forward to seeing you all there!

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I normally dont do this as it reveal where we are going, but you will need to initiate the dread horn quest (you do not have to complete it, just accept it) by talking to the NPC Calendor in heartwood. For new player the entrance to heartwood can be found in yew, if you have trouble finding it just ask in chat and we will do our best to respond.

So now that you know where we are going tonight, lets make sure we have plenty of tamers and bards! See you all there.

Baron Harkonnen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I went on the Suprise Hunt last night, had a blast as usual. But, could I get an explanation of what went on? Remember, I am still learning here. I brought my Fencer for a change, so I expected several deaths.

Was the Dreadhorn spawn bugged? The candles would not advance?

The second spawn, with all the rats, did that go extremely fast? Or was that normal? I was working on the spawn and decided to work back towards the altar, and I see everyone attacking one group and half of the rats are blue? I jump in the middle of the fight, and it appears I was turned into a Ratman also? I am guessing this is the special attack for this boss? Is there a way to avoid being turned into a rat?

Thanks,
Baron Harkonnen
Kwisatz Haderach

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was working on the spawn and decided to work back towards the altar, and I see everyone attacking one group and half of the rats are blue? I jump in the middle of the fight, and it appears I was turned into a Ratman also? I am guessing this is the special attack for this boss? Is there a way to avoid being turned into a rat?
I'm curious about this too.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well what happened is that we were unable to advance the spawn any further (not killing enough of the designated tasrgets in a certain amount of time) We pretty much killed off all non para cus and satyrs and what was left was all paras. In addition we needed a lot of bards for that spawn. So seeing everyone tired of collecting death robes and I had to make the decision of dreadhorn or rat spawn. I felt everyone was tired of dieing and if we attempted dreadhorn we would just lose people so I chose to do the rat spawn.

Yes the rat spawn went very fast because we had a lot of people and people with pets. The rat king does turn everyone into rats, that is normal. I am glad you had fun and hopefully once the group gets use to working together and huting we can do some of these tougher spawns.

Baron Harkonnen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, the Dreadhorn spawn is considered a "hard" spawn, and the Ratman one is an "easy" spawn?

One more question while we are in the general area. That "Swoop" bird. When we first started the spawn, I think I attacked him, I found out that is a bad idea. Is he part of the spawn? Can a knight/warrior type of character take him out alone?

Thanks

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in general the rat spawn is probably easier. However it all depends on the type of char you bring. For warriors the twisted weald is harder than for bards or tamers.

The purple bird is a swoop. He is not part of the spawn. Yeah it can be a very bad thing to attack him. Warriors can solo him, but it is very touch and go. He does give arty drops.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Two ways to deal with Barracoon's polymorph:

1. Wearing Savage Kin paint will make you immune.
2. Casting Polymorph will instantly revert you (and might even work at 0 magery), since casting polymorph while polymorph cancels the existing one.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two ways to deal with Barracoon's polymorph:

1. Wearing Savage Kin paint will make you immune.
2. Casting Polymorph will instantly revert you (and might even work at 0 magery), since casting polymorph while polymorph cancels the existing one.
Basara, is it true that vampiric embrace makes you immune too? Thought I heard that somewhere.