• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sunday VP

• Thread starter soupandquackers
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

soupandquackers

during the vp battle tonight, i went into the sellbot hq building with full laff, went in the elevator then got down to the cogs to fight the first round and i had 88 laff. i got tu'ed and then i lost 10 more laff it kept happening throughout. when we were fighting the vp and were done fighting the cogs i didn't get hit by the vp once and when he fell off the edge i had 66 laff. When we were dancing i was still losing laff. Finally when i got back to the playground i wound up with 9 laff. that was making me frustrated. i didn't want to bother fighting the cfo bc u lose more laff against those cogs and in the cfo battle so i didn't want to risk putting you guys in jeopardy. i hope that was one time only thing or it is gonna be hard for to fight ceo's. Anybody else have this problem before?

F

Flippers

I've gained laff 1pt at a time through a factory and the pit, but only once. The only other similar incident is in the CEO...

If you go right to the CEO after playing the CJ and dont restart the game, you can lose 5pt increments in the banquet hall when you try to approach or leave the conveyor belts.

Did you do anything in a HQ before Lighthouse Lane during the same session? Maybe there's a connection.

during the vp battle tonight, i went into the sellbot hq building with full laff, went in the elevator then got down to the cogs to fight the first round and i had 88 laff. i got tu'ed and then i lost 10 more laff it kept happening throughout. when we were fighting the vp and were done fighting the cogs i didn't get hit by the vp once and when he fell off the edge i had 66 laff. When we were dancing i was still losing laff. Finally when i got back to the playground i wound up with 9 laff. that was making me frustrated. i didn't want to bother fighting the cfo bc u lose more laff against those cogs and in the cfo battle so i didn't want to risk putting you guys in jeopardy. i hope that was one time only thing or it is gonna be hard for to fight ceo's. Anybody else have this problem before?

S

soupandquackers

i went straight from lighthouse lane to the sellbot hq

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You probably sorta kinda got caught right outside the VP's door and were getting hit little by little as you VPd. I hate that bug.

F

Fangs McWolf

during the vp battle tonight, i went into the sellbot hq building with full laff, went in the elevator then got down to the cogs to fight the first round and i had 88 laff. i got tu'ed and then i lost 10 more laff it kept happening throughout. when we were fighting the vp and were done fighting the cogs i didn't get hit by the vp once and when he fell off the edge i had 66 laff. When we were dancing i was still losing laff.
As Trish commented, it's a bug. It's happened to me once before and I thought that the bug was long since fixed, but apparently it's not. What happened is that you engaged a cog in battle at the exact same moment that you entered the VP lobby. But instead of stopping you and forcing you to battle the cog, you were taken into the lobby, but you were still engaged in battle. Since you weren't picking gags to hit the cog with (another part of the bug), the timer runs out and then the cog (or cogs if more join) attack you. Next time what I recommend is that if your laff is going down (before you get onto the elevator), then step back outside and see if there is a cog on the platform in battle. Join and defeat it.

I've gained laff 1pt at a time through a factory and the pit, but only once. The only other similar incident is in the CEO...
What you did that time was to try to TP to a friend who was at someone else's estate (that you are not friends with), and so you were returned to a non-toon playground. In this case, SellBot HQ. It's a bug that's been around for awhile and you can do it on purpose. Really useful if you want to solo the factory, because then if you get hit, you'll get +1 toonups, which can be real helpful. Even more useful when you go to VP because then when throwing pies, you'll get +1 every 30 seconds until you land in a toon playground (DG). :D :D :D

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You probably sorta kinda got caught right outside the VP's door and were getting hit little by little as you VPd. I hate that bug.
Yes. This happened to me as well. I was entering VP right as a cog came out. He engaged but the screen went black and I was in the ante room to the elevator. Then I noticed that my laff just kept going down and I ended up logging out.

:thumbdown:

F

Flippers

What you did that time was to try to TP to a friend who was at someone else's estate (that you are not friends with), and so you were returned to a non-toon playground. In this case, SellBot HQ. It's a bug that's been around for awhile and you can do it on purpose. Really useful if you want to solo the factory, because then if you get hit, you'll get +1 toonups, which can be real helpful. Even more useful when you go to VP because then when throwing pies, you'll get +1 every 30 seconds until you land in a toon playground (DG). :D :D :D
Hmmm fangs... that cant be very reliable anymore. That tp thing happens a lot with my XDs and my being conveniently located in Sellbot. As some know, Flappy solos 95% of his factories, so that would be a nice perk.

Re Soup n Quackers' thing: is that when the cogs stand outside with green lights and dont appear to be engaging anyone? If so, does the laff loss stop once they are engaged by others? I've done that with those types. Maybe the cogs were still out there?

F

Fangs McWolf

Hmmm fangs... that cant be very reliable anymore. That tp thing happens a lot with my XDs and my being conveniently located in Sellbot. As some know, Flappy solos 95% of his factories, so that would be a nice perk.
(Call me Wolfie)

I've seen it done even recently, where someone is getting +1's for no reason, so it's still reliable to my knowledge.

** Just tried it myself, it still works. Don't know if you have to be down some laff or not BEFORE you do the TP trick, but it's working for me. **

** Did it again. If you are fully laffed, then it stops the +1 glitch until you do the TP trick. So basically, if you decide to use it to solo the factory, go in with about 15 laff missing and allow yourself to be hit once along the way to keep from getting full. **

Re Soup n Quackers' thing: is that when the cogs stand outside with green lights and dont appear to be engaging anyone? If so, does the laff loss stop once they are engaged by others? I've done that with those types. Maybe the cogs were still out there?
I would imagine that if someone else joins the battle and defeats the cogs that it would save the other toon from the grief of losing laff. I recently saw a single cog standing outside the lobby doors and thought it was some sort of a fluke. Had I know what it meant, I would have tried to join to save that player.

F

Flippers

** Did it again. If you are fully laffed, then it stops the +1 glitch until you do the TP trick. So basically, if you decide to use it to solo the factory, go in with about 15 laff missing and allow yourself to be hit once along the way to keep from getting full. **
Hard to say since it was some time ago, but I make a point to start Flappy with full laff since any misses in the Duct or Pipe rooms will rely on the +5 barrel in Stomper Alley. I don't like to waste that on something my doodles could handle in two seconds. I'll have to say he was full laff, maybe 36 laff since it was a while ago.