• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions: Seed Jars

• Thread starter Lady_Kattalina
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady_Kattalina

Ok.. the reason I'm posting this here is because I'm not sure where I need to post it for the developmental team of UO to see it, so please let me know. :)

I'm a little obsessed with the plant system of UO.. and I grow a lot of plants, which means a lot of seeds to pluck from them. I think it would be awesome if there were jars or something similar that seeds could be placed in. Similar to how we have bod books for tailor/smith bods.

This way myself and any others who have this same obsession wouldn't be forced to practically clear out their house--or use a secondary account to place another house--just to keep their seeds for later growing.

Again, I posted this here because I don't know the appropriate place to post it and would greatly appreciate being informed of the proper place to have this suggestion considered.

Thanks!
Katt

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been asked for before, in the manner of bod books, or similar. Anything to hold seeds and lower the lockdown count they take. Iirc, the townhall in SD, the answer to the question was that it is not even being looked at at this time.

L

Lady_Kattalina

Bah! That's just cruel.

I think it would be an awesome additional release with Pub 55 bringing the new plant types. I'll have to do what I can to get rid of some things in my house then I guess... I really don't care to pay for two accounts just to keep more than one seed for growing. ;/

Thanks for the info. :)

Katt

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Kattalina, while it is not perfect here is something other plant growers use - store the seeds on the grown plant. Plants in a secure or locked down container do not grow and you save yourself 7 item being stored.

WildStar

L

Lady_Kattalina

Ohhh.. now that is a smart alternative. Thanks for the tip!

Why didn't I think of that? ;p

Thanks again!
Katt

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heck I think if they just made the seeds stack that would make a world of difference.

D

Devil_Woman

And if you make a point of keeping a self-pollinated (as opposed to a x-pollinated) plant for its 8 seeds, then when you do get around to removing them not only are you sure of what they are (they match the parent plant), but they will also be labeled.

L

Lady_Kattalina

yep.. that's exactly what I'm doing now. :) Thanks for the additional tip!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plants in a secure or locked down container do not grow and you save yourself 7 item being stored.
I've always been too paranoid that this is one of those little things that could spontaneously change during attempts to tweak the code and I'd lose my whole seed bank.