• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Musicianship] Suggestions on how to best imbue the Virtuoso's Armor Set ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hallo, as the title says, I am looking for suggestions on how to best imbue the Virtuoso's Armor set to make it more functional to the needs of a Bard.

Anyone has done it already and can share their experience with the imbuing results ?

Thanks !

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtuoso bonus applies to the Mastery Bonus to bard skills not Mastery Abilities themselves.

Mastery bonus is +5% to success chance on all bard abilities, + additional 5% in the ability your mastery is in.

So Peace Mastery would give you + 5% success chance in Provoke and Discord, and 10% in Peacemaking.
With the virtuoso set bonus active this would be 10% in Provo/disco and 20% in Peacemaking.

But again that's not the abilities just the bonus effects on success chance.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtuoso bonus applies to the Mastery Bonus to bard skills not Mastery Abilities themselves.

Mastery bonus is +5% to success chance on all bard abilities, + additional 5% in the ability your mastery is in.

So Peace Mastery would give you + 5% success chance in Provoke and Discord, and 10% in Peacemaking.
With the virtuoso set bonus active this would be 10% in Provo/disco and 20% in Peacemaking.

But again that's not the abilities just the bonus effects on success chance.

I see so, the bonus in the end is very marginal and not worth the reduction in modifiers from better suits which one could use....

That is, is my guessing, the virtuoso suit is not worth the points to get it ?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
This bonus may be useful if you do peerless or other boss in party. Increasing for 1 min chance to disco from 40%? to 100%? would be useful.

If I understood well: 20% with exceptional instrument + 2xbonus. so 20 + 10*2 = 40 when the mastery is on. and 20 + (10+40)*2 with 4x pieces activated.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be wrong, but I believe each piece has a 5 minute cool down on use. So 5 pieces essentially means you have a cooldown of 1 minute between consecutive uses of all pieces. (So 5 minutes with the bonus 1 minute bonus timeout, then 5 more minutes of bonus) Each use of a piece lasts for 1 minute.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nope, but while the bonus of one piece is timing out, you can activate another one that isn't on time out status to keep the bonus going.
Rinse and repeat, as Logrus said.