• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions for Fire Beetle Build

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I'm planning on building a Fire Beetle to fight Lady Melisande and am looking for suggestions on the build. I already know I'm putting RC on it but what else?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rc ap + ai if you want allround damage dealer. For special pairing then go with previous posters suggestion.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RC+AP Beetles greatly increase the amount of damage the victim takes, therefore making the enemy much easier to kill. While Armor Pierce itself doesn't deal as much damage as AI (except for against foes with 20 or less Resist), it applies a +10% Damage Taken debuff for 3 secs to the victim. I don't suggest putting Poison magical on a Beetle, since it detracts from their use of RC/AP. Most magic capable foes will almost instantly cure the Poison, and the damage dealt even by Lethal Poison pales in comparison to the increase in damage from RC/AP, not to mention there are foes that are just flat out immune to Poison status.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The one thing I'd add to this is that your tamer build and whether you are doing solo or group affects what you want to do. I don't agree with Lex going rc ap and ai. Either run rc/ai or rc/ap. Rune corruption and armor ignore will allow your pet to do more direct damage while rune corruption and armor pierce is better for helping you and your group do more damage. Armor pierce really shines in a group and has better synergy with rune corruption than armor ignore does.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
See, you're always better building a specific pet. RC/AP or RC/AI "if you can". But then you either play solo or in group, or with specific build.

What I'm saying, if you're a returner and can't decide it's probably better to do RC/AI or RC/AP/AI in the off chance you fight in group. AP is kinda weak solo honestly, unless you run a build which can use RC/AP to an advantage. Corpse skin + lots of fire damage from your own char can still work.

My reasoning with RC/AP/AI is:
RC/AP doesn't seem to use much mana and there seem to be a cool down to the use of those skills anyway (at least pets don't just keep up RC/AP all the time), so having AI in the mix lets the pet use some of that mana which will just sit otherwise.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I only run a fire beetle with my necro tamer specifically for corpse skin stacked with RC/AP and a high sdi suit. I'm not a fan of putting more than a couple abilities on a pet. Just makes them less effective at each ability. And honestly if I'm going to run a pet with AI on it there are much better ones than a fire beetle. All of my fire beetles are RC/AP.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
I usually go with Frenzied Whirl Wind, AP and Runic Corruption. Frenzied is chaos damage, so takes advantage of the corruption. Does good damage at 120 ninjitsu, and makes the pet viable for 1 v1 or groups of mobs. Plus, as stated above, it puts more abilities in the rotation. one problem with fire beetles is the native 500 mana. Don't need it with 2 abilities. But with those 3, and the 500 int, you will find you dont run out of mana often even in long battles.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually go with Frenzied Whirl Wind, AP and Runic Corruption. Frenzied is chaos damage, so takes advantage of the corruption. Does good damage at 120 ninjitsu, and makes the pet viable for 1 v1 or groups of mobs. Plus, as stated above, it puts more abilities in the rotation. one problem with fire beetles is the native 500 mana. Don't need it with 2 abilities. But with those 3, and the 500 int, you will find you dont run out of mana often even in long battles.
FWW is physical damage.